Registration for UPTET 2017 requires a candidate to upload his photograph and signature within the specified dimension/ format/ size. It is a mandatory step to successfully apply for UPTET.
Most of you do not adhere to these and end up making mistakes while filling UPTET 2017 Application Form. Here, we have curated all that you need to know about UPTET 2017 Photo Size, Dimension, Format and Other Details.
Once you are ready with these, you may proceed to fill the form of UPTET. Here are all the necessary details:
- You can apply for UPTET between 1st to 4th week of October 2017. The official dates will be out soon.
- Application forms will be available at the official website i.e. upbasiceduboard.gov.in.
- Candidates should upload their photograph and signature for completing the form.
- The images should be uploaded only in JPEG format.
- The maximum size of picture can be 20 KB.
- Once uploaded, you must pay the application fee and complete the registration process.
All candidates who register successfully will appear for UPTET in December 2017. It will be conducted by Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB).
UPTET 2017 Photo Specifications
- Candidates must know that not following the technical details regarding the upload of their photo will lead to inaccessibility to further fill the form.
- Sometimes, the application form also gets rejected at later stages due to improper photographs being uploaded in the form.
- Therefore, candidates are advised to follow the guidelines mentioned below:
- They need to place their passport size picture on a white paper, and sign below the picture on the while paper.
- Then, the picture and the signature will have to be scanned and uploaded in one go.
- Maximum size of photo allowed in 20 KB. Compress the picture if required.
- Photo can be uploaded in JPG or JPEG format only.
- The dimension of the photograph must be 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
Check UPTET Eligibility
UPTET 2017 Signature Specifications
Signature of a candidate is also to be uploaded along with the photograph. Here are some important instructions regarding uploading signature in UPTET 2017 form: -
- Candidates must know that the signature is not be uploaded separately. Photograph and signature are uploaded as one scanned file, by placing the picture on white paper and signing below it.
- Candidates must take care that signature does not overlap the picture. The signature should be limited only up to the white paper.
- The width of the signature should be equal to or less than the width of photograph.
- Signature must be done with a black pen.
- Candidates must also ensure that there is no other mark on the white paper.
- Candidates must use the signature which they can remember or which they use in usual course. A mismatch of signature in later stages can cause problems.
Read How to Apply for UPTET 2017?
Do’s and Don’ts for Uploading Photograph/ Signature
Apart from above mentioned technical details, candidates also need to take care of some basic things that may or may not be mentioned in official guidelines. Read them below:
- Photograph to be used in the form must not be an old one. Candidates must upload their latest photo in the form.
- Candidate must be looking straight towards the camera. An angled face in the photograph will lead to rejection later on.
- They must try that background in the picture should be white.
- Features of face like eyes, nose etc. must be clearly visible in the picture.
- Candidates must ensure that their shoulders are visible in the picture.
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch).
- Set Color to True Color.
- Candidates must refrain from picture which is taken from a smartphone. Only good quality picture will be accepted in the form.
- Since the picture is to be used in a state level exam, candidates must also refrain from uploading casual pictures.
- A picture with dark or landscape background must be avoided.
- Blurred or Unclear pictures will be rejected straight away. Candidates must ensure that picture is clear.
- If a candidate is wearing spectacles, then make sure that there are no reflections and the eyes are clearly seen.
- There must be no other object present in the photograph except candidate himself.
- There should not be any shadow or colored light falling on the face of candidates in the photograph.
How to Upload Photograph and Signature for UPTET 2017?
Here are the steps that candidates can follow to upload the photo and signature: -
- Candidates first need to visit the official website for UPTET i.e. upbasiceduboard.gov.in.
- From this page, candidates need to click on the link for application form for UPTET 2017.
- Candidates then need to mention their personal and academic details for filling the form.
- After filling all these details, they must click on ‘Save above details and proceed to upload photo’.
- Page for uploading photo will appear. Candidates can select the relevant file and upload it.
- After uploading the picture, candidates can proceed to payment.