SSC JE Syllabus includes topics from General Aptitude, General Awareness and Technical topics of the applied discipline. Given below are the key points of the SSC JE Syllabus:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning section in Paper 1 of SSC JE comprises 50 questions. It includes questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc.
- General Awareness section also includes 50 MCQs. There are questions based on candidate’s knowledge of current events. It also tests candidate’s observations and experience in their scientific field.
- General Engineering section in Paper 1 includes 100 objective type based on the stream opted by the candidate in SSC JE Application Form. Questions in Paper 2 of SSC JE will be based on similar topics but will be explanatory.
DOWNLOAD SSC JE PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS PDF
- Paper 1 in SSC JE is computer based while Paper 2 is written examination
- There are 200 questions in Paper 1 divided into three sections- General Awareness, General Aptitude and General Engineering. The time given to solve these questions is 2 hours.
- Paper 2 contains 300 questions related to the applied discipline. There are three parts in the exam- Part A (Civil), Part B (Electrical) and Part C (Mechanical).
SSC JE is conducted to fill several vacancies for Junior Engineer (JE) declared by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Paper 1 has already been conducted from March 01- March 04, 2017. Here is a brief of SSC JE Exam Analysis of Paper 1:
- March 01, 2017- SSC JE Exam conducted in the morning shift was moderate to difficult while the evening shift candidates were contented and found the exam to average.
- March 02, 2017- The morning shift exam was reviewed to be moderate by the candidates while the evening shift candidates found the exam to be easy.
- March 03, 2017- Both morning shift and evening shift were moderate as reviewed by students with general aptitude being the easiest section in each.
- March 04, 2017- Morning shift was average to difficult as claimed by the students. The scenario was same for the evening shift on this day.
CHECK EXPECTED SSC JE CUT OFF
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2017
SSC JE is conducted in two different stages- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 has already been conducted and schedule for Paper 2 is awaited. Given below are the key points of SSC JE Exam Pattern:
- SSC JE Paper 1 is an online mode exam while Paper 2 is a pen and paper based exam
- SSC JE Paper 1 has objective type questions while Paper 2 is a subjective paper
- SSC JE Paper 1 has 200 questions to be solved in 2 hours. There are three sections in the exam- General Aptitude, General Awareness and General Engineering.
- There are 50 questions in General Aptitude and General Awareness section while 100 questions are there in General Engineering.
- 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer while 0.25 mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
- SSC JE Paper 2 has 300 questions to be written and explained in 3 hours. You have to answer questions based on the chosen discipline in the SSC JEE Application Form.
SSC JE Syllabus 2017 for General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Intelligence & Reasoning Section includes 50 questions carrying 50 marks.
- The section comprises judgements and conclusions from premises or facts.
- The Reasoning Part is divided into Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- This section is very scoring, and most of the questions are easy to solve and they are not time-consuming.
- More questions can be solved by the candidates and that too with great accuracy.
- The test includes questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualisation, problem-solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figures classification, arithmetical number series etc.
- It also tests candidate’s ability to deal with ideas and symbols (abstract in nature) and their relationships, arithmetical computations and analytical functions.
|Analogies||Arithmetical Computations||Observation||Other Analytical Functions|
|Similarities||Judgment||Relationship Concepts||Abstract Ideas, Symbols and their Relationships|
|Differences||Decision Making||Arithmetical Reasoning||-|
|Space Visualization||Visual Memory||Verbal & Figure Classification||-|
|Problem-solving||Discrimination||Arithmetical Number Series||-|
SSC JE Syllabus 2017 for General Awareness
- All the questions of General Awareness section are generally asked from current affairs.
- Candidates can score high in this section by their general knowledge and latest updates of around themselves.
- Questions are framed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around them.
- It tests candidate’s observations and experience in real life in scientific aspect.
- There are questions related to relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity and Scientific Research, etc.
|India and its neighboring countries||Economic Science|
|History||General Polity and Scientific Research|
SSC JE Syllabus 2016 for General Engineering
There are three sections in General Engineering- Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Civil Engineering. Candidates have to choose one from these three topics.
- Mechanical Engineering
These are the important topics out of all the topics of Mechanical Engineering syllabus i.e. Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Thermal Engineering, Fluid Mechanics & Machinery, Production Engineering. Candidates can check all the topics of Mechanical Engineering in the table given below:
|Theory of Machines and Machine Design||Fitting & Accessories|
|Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials||Air Compressors & their cycles|
|Properties of Pure Substances||Refrigeration cycles|
|1st Law of Thermodynamics||The principle of Refrigeration Plant|
|2nd Law of Thermodynamics||Nozzles & Steam Turbines|
|IC Engines Combustion||Properties & Classification of Fluids|
|Air standard Cycles for IC Engines||Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure|
|IC Engine Performance||Fluid kinematics|
|IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication||Dynamics of Ideal fluids|
|Rankine cycle of System||Measurement of Flow Rate|
|Classification of steels||-|
- Electrical Engineering
These topics carry high weightage in Electrical Engineering- Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors, Machines, Measurement and Measuring Instruments. Here is the table of topics, questions will asked from.
|Basic concepts||Synchronous Machines|
|Magnetic Circuit||Transmission and Distribution|
|AC Fundamentals||Estimation and Costing|
|Measurement and Measuring Instruments||Utilization and Electrical Energy|
|Electrical Machines||Basic Electronics|
|Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors||-|
- Civil and Structural Engineering
Here, is the list of topics carrying highest weightage in civil engineering syllabus i.e. Engineering Mechanics, S.O.M., Fluid Mechanics only Basics, Environmental Engineering Water Wastage & Sewage, Soil Mechanics, R.C.C. & Steel in proper order. All the questions of Civil Engineering will asked from the topics which is mentioned in the table below:
|Estimating, Costing , and Valuation||Irrigation Engineering|
|Soil Mechanics||Environmental Engineering|
|Theory of Structures||Concrete Technology|
|RCC Design, Steel Design||-|