KVPY exam will be held on November 06, 2017 in pen and paper format. The candidates who will clear the KVPY Aptitude test will qualify for the stage 2 of the KVPY exam. The KVPY 2017 exam contains questions from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
The KVPY Aptitude Test is designed to filter the candidates for the Stage 2. Stage 2 Interview process of KVPY is very important. The KVPY Interview process is conducted to test the knowledge in the field of Science, Research to check if the applicant is actually capable and deserves the scholarship. The 75% marks are added from the KVPY Aptitude Test and 25% marks are added from the KVPY Interview.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a scholarship program funded by the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India, it is administered by the Indian Institute of Science. It is aimed to attract exceptionally talented and highly motivated students for pursuing basic science courses and research career in Science, Engineering, and Medicine. It offers scholarship and contingency grants up to the pre-Ph.D. level to selected students.
Last Minutes Preparation Tips
Candidates appearing for KVPY have to be aware of the complete KVPY syllabus that will be included in the KVPY Aptitude exam so as to prepare well. A good preparation is required to get higher rankings and qualify for Stage II. Candidate must focus mainly on four major areas: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
One of the important steps toward a preparation is to identify the subjects of your interests and weaknesses and make an individual strategy for them.
Here are few basic KYPY exam preparation tips which may be helpful for candidate appearing for KYPY Entrance Exam:-
- Revision is a must. Make notes of important topics and figure in topic wise manner and keep revising them from time to time. Do not pick up big and heavy books
- Candidates must strategically plan before starting the preparation it will save their time and energy and help them to stay focus.
- Candidates should try to explore their weakness and strength, which will help them to figure out where to put necessary efforts and which areas require more efforts.
- Candidate must choose the right study material and should check the review before buying/ordering it.
- Practicing the previous year sample papers will help the candidate to improve his/her time management skill. It will also give the idea about the important and scoring topics.
- As only a few days are left for examination, you should not pick up any new topic, focus on what you have learned. New topic may confuse you and make you forget things you already know.
- Be calm and patience while learning and revising a topic. Try to answer/solve it completely even if you think you are forgetting some steps. Come back later to that mistake and correct it after checking.
- In Physics, Chemistry, there are some calculation based questions which require mathematical techniques, revise important mathematical formulae and theorems and have a grasp of class 10th Mathematics.
What to do on the KVPY 2017 Exam Day!
- Take properly a balanced meal a night before the exam and take a proper sleep (at least of 6 hours). Feeling sleepy during the exam may spoil the Paper.
- Stay Calm and cool on the day of the exam. Take a bath, relax and have a light Breakfast.
- Do not forget to take your Admit Card for KVPY 2017 and a photo ID card with you.
- Read all the instructions carefully and follow them.
- Do not take any items/things like mobile phones, calculator which is not allowed in the Examination Hall
- Reach the test center at least 30 mins before the commencement of the test. Do not go too early or late.
- Do not talk to many people before the exam, they may ask useless questions and make you nervous.
During the KVPY Exam
- Be Confident and Comfortable in the Hall
- Keep all your belongings, Admit Card, Stationary at proper place and accessible.
- Fill in your Details in the paper carefully. Do not Rush but be calm.
- Do not use ANY UNFAIR MEANS.
- Do not disturb any of the fellow aspirants, if you have a problem, ask the Invigilator for help.
- After the paper, Go back and relax. Do not wait at the center to discuss the Paper.