IAS Mains 2016 General Studies Paper 1 was successfully held on December 5, 2016, morning session. There were 20 questions. IAS Exam was scheduled in offline mode i.e. pen and paper format. All the questions were compulsory. IAS Mains General Studies Paper 1 was held in 2 languages- Hindi and English.
IAS Exam Mains general studies paper 1 comprises questions based on various general topics. The paper I was conducted today at the allotted IAS Mains Exam Center. The total marks of the paper was 250 marks and each question carried 12.5 marks. Answers to each of the question should not be more than 200 words.
IAS Mains Question Paper for General Studies Paper 1
The questions asked in General Studies Paper 1 are as follows. Keep checking the website for IAS Mains General Studies Paper Analysis.
- Early Buddhist Stupa-art, while depicting folk motifs and narratives, successfully expounds Buddhist ideals. Elucidate.
- Krishnadeva Raya, the king of Vijayanagar, was not only an accomplished scholar himself but was also a great patron of learning and literature. Discuss.
- Explain how the upraising of 1857 constitutes an important watershed in the evolution of British policies towards colonial India.
- Discuss the role of women in the freedom struggle especially during the Gandhian phase.
- Highlight the differences in the approach of Subhash Chandra Bose and Mahatma Gandhi in the struggle for freedom.
- Has the formation of linguistic states strengthened the cause of Indian unity?
- The anti-colonial struggles in West Africa were led by the new elite of Western -educated Africans. Examine.
- To what extent globalization has influenced the core of cultural diversity in India? Explain.
- “An essential condition to eradicate poverty is to liberate the poor from the process of deprivation.” Substantiate this statement with suitable examples.
- Why are the tribals in India referred to as ‘the Scheduled Tribes’? Indicate the major provisions enshrined in the Constitution of India for their upliftment.
- With a brief background of quality of urban life in India, introduce the objectives and strategy of the “Smart City Programme.”
- What is the basis of regionalism? Is it that unequal distribution of benefits of development on regional basis eventually promotes regionalism? Substantiate your answer.
- Discuss the concept of air mass and explain its role in macro-climatic changes.
- “The Himalayas are highly prone to landslides.” Discuss the causes and suggest suitable measures of mitigation.
- The effective management of land and water resources will drastically reduce the human miseries. Explain.
- South China Sea has assumed great geopolitical significance in the present context. Comment.
- Major cities of India are becoming vulnerable to flood conditions. Discuss.
- Present an account of the Indus Water Treaty and examine its ecological, economic and political implications in the context of changing bilateral relations.
- Enumerate the problems and prospects of inland water transport in India.
- In what way micro-watershed development projects help in water conservation in drought-prone and semi-arid regions of India?
Check IAS Exam Pattern
The following snapshots represents the IAS General Studies Paper 1 question paper.