UPSC IAS 2017 NEWS
NATIONAL LEVEL OFFLINE TEST
IAS Exam is held on multiple dates starting from December 03 to December 09, 2016. In IAS, Main exam there are 2 optional papers in UPSC civil services mains exam. In IAS Mains examination paper 6&7 are optional subject papers. You can choose Bengali language as an optional subject, if you have graduated in the literature of Bengali language as the main subject. With well-planned strategies, you can easily score well in the Bengal literature. Interest should be the prime criteria for choosing any optional. Each Bengali paper consists of 250 marks. Duration for each Bengali mains paper is 3 hours. Here is a detailed IAS Syllabus.
Topics from the History of Bangla language-
1. The chronological track from Proto Indo-European to Bangla (Family tree with branches and approximate dates).
2. Historical stages of Bangla (Old, Middle, New) and their linguistic features.
3. Dialects of Bangla and their distinguishing characteristics.
4. Elements of Bangla Vocabulary.
5. Forms of Bangla Literary ProseSadhu and Chalit.
Read About IAS Exam
6. Processes of language change relevant for Bangla. Apinihiti (Anaptyxis), Abhishruti (umlaut), Murdhanyibhavan (cerebralization), Nasikyibhavan (Nasalization), Samibhavan (Assimilation), Sadrishya (Analogy), Svaragama (Vowel insertion)-Adi Svaragama, Madhya Svaragama or Svarabhakti, Antya Svaragama, Svarasangati (Vowel hormony), yshruti and w-shruti.
7. Problems of standardization and reform of alphabet and spelling, and those of transliteration and Romanization.
8. Phonology, Morphology and Syntax of Modern Bangla. (Sounds of Modern Bangla, Conjuncts; word formations, compounds; basic sentence patterns.)
Topics from the History of Bangla Literature-
1. Periodization of Bangla Literature: Old Bangla and Middle Bangla.
2. Points of difference between modern and pre-modern Bangla Literature.
3. Roots and reasons behind the emergence of modernity in Bangla Literature.
4. Evolution of various Middle Bangla forms: Mangal kavyas, Vaishnava lyrics, Adapted narratives (Ramayana, Mahabharata, Bhagavata) and religious biographies.
5. Secular forms in middle Bangla literature.
6. Narrative and lyric trends in the nineteenth century Bangla poetry.
7. Development of prose.
8. Bangla dramatic literature (nineteenth century, Tagore, Post-1944 Bangla drama).
9. Tagore and post-Tagoreans.
10. Fiction, major authors: (Bankimchandra, Tagore, Saratchandra, Bibhutibusan, Tarasankar, Manik).
11. Women and Bangla literature: creators and created.
1. Vaishnava Padavali (Calcutta University) Poems of Vidyapati, Chandidas, Jnanadas, Govindadas and Balaramdas.
2. Chandimangal Kalketu episode by Mukunda (Sahitya Akademi).
3. Chaitanya Charitamrita Madya Lila, by Krishnadas Kaviraj (Sahitya Akademi).
4. Meghnadbadh Kavya by Madhusudan Dutta.
5. Kapalkundala by Bankimchandra Chattarjee.
6. Samya and Bangadesher Krishak by Bankimchandra Chatterjee.
7. Sonar Tari by Rabindranath Tagore.
8. Chhinnapatravali by Rabindranath Tagore.
Read About IAS Syllabus
1. Raktakarabi by Rabindranath Tagore.
2. Nabajatak by Rabindranath Tagore.
3. Grihadaha by Saratchandra Chatterjee.
4. Prabandha Samgraha Vol. 1, by Pramatha Choudhuri.
5. Aranyak by Bibhutibhusan Banerjee
6. Short stories by Manik Bandyo-padhyay : Atashi Mami, Pragaitihasik, Holud-Pora, Sarisrip, Haraner Natjamai, Chhoto-Bokulpurer Jatri, Kustharogir Bou, Jakey Ghush Ditey Hoy.
7. Shrestha Kavita by Jibanananda Das.
8. Jagori by Satinath Bhaduri.
9. Ebam Indrajit by Badal Sircar.
Remember not to commit grammatical mistakes. Improve writing skills for IAS Bengal literature exam. Handwriting should be legible for IAS Exam. A good command over the language is always helpful. Analytical and unconventional questions are appearing in previous papers so while preparing student should keep IAS Mains Bengali language Syllabus and previous papers for reference.
Candidates who clear the round 1 will be appearing ...
IAS Prelims 2017 was successfully conducted on Jun ...
UPSC IAS Prelims exam comprises two papers – Gener ...