Osmania University is one of the prime universities in Hyderabad. It is re-accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (an Autonomous Institution of the University Grants Commission) as 'A' Grade University. Those aspiring to get admission for the courses M.E / M.Tech. / M.Pharm. / M. Arch. / Graduate level Pharm. D (P.B.), Full Time courses in University and Affiliated Engineering, Pharmacy and Architecture Colleges in Telangana State are required to clear an online examination of TS PGECET.
TS PGECET (Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance test which is conducted by the Osmania University, Hyderabad for admission to various post graduate courses.
- TS PGECET 2017 was conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad from May 29, 2017 onwards, on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE).
- The entrance test was held on June 1, 2017 and its result was out on June 12, 2017.
- The rank card can be downloaded by the candidates by entering the login details.
- The next step is document verification, without which candidates won’t be able to participate in TS PGECET counselling.
- After getting the documents verified at the help centers, the candidates then pay the counselling fee.
- Seat allotment is then announced through web based counselling.
- GATE qualifying candidates will be given preference during the seat allotment procedure and they are not required to appear for TS PGECET 2017.
- The form will be filled via online mode only.
Osmania University Admission Important Dates
To avoid missing any important event, the students should consider the important dates related to TS PGECET 2017 counselling in the below mentioned table:
|Issue of notification||March 15, 2017|
|Commencement of online applications||March 17, 2017|
|Last date for submitting online applications||May 1, 2017|
|Downloading hall ticket||May 24 to 28, 2017|
|Examination dates||May 29 to June 1, 2017|
|Result Declaration||June 12, 2017|
|Rank card availability||June 12, 2017|
|TS PGECET 2017 counselling starts||Third week of July, 2017|
|TS PGECET 2017 last date of counselling||Last week of July, 2017|
Osmania University Admission Courses
- TS PGECET offers M.E / M.Tech. / M.Pharm. / M. Arch. / Graduate level Pharm. D (P.B.), Full Time courses in University and Affiliated Engineering, Pharmacy and Architecture Colleges in Telangana State for the academic year 2017-2018.
- The University will offer postgraduate engineering programs in following branches-
|Aerospace Engineering||Architecture and Planning||Bio- Medical Engineering|
|Bio Technology||Chemical Engineering||Civil Engineering|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||Electrical Engineering||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Environmental Management||Food Technology||Geo Engineering & Geo Informatics|
|Instrumentation Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Metallurgy|
|Nano Technology||Pharmacy||Textile Technology|
Osmania University Admission Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for TS PGECET
- Aspirants must be residents of Telangana State. It is mandatory for them to meet the domicile requirements to be eligible.
- Interested students must have passed B.E./B.Tech./AMIE from a recognized institute/university with an aggregate minimum of 50% (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category).
- Those having distance education degree are eligible if it is recognized and has approval from AICTE/DEC.
- Qualified candidates of GATE are required to apply separately as they are exempted from TS PGECET.
- Candidates must have qualified TS PGECET whereas GATE qualified candidates can then apply online for the counselling session of TS PGECET.
- GATE qualified candidates are given preference during seat allotment procedure.
Osmania University Admission Counselling Procedure
- The counselling procedure of Osmania University admission through TS PGECET 2017 will be conducted tentatively in the third and fourth week of July 2017.
- To be able to participate in TS PGECET 2017 counselling, candidates have to first get their documents verified at the help centers and then pay the counselling fee.
- Candidates can then exercise their web options.
- Selection of candidates for admission/counseling will be based on their rank and scores secured in the entrance test.
- Candidates will be required to attend the document verification procedure as per the schedule provided by the conducting authority.
- Apart from the candidates who appear in TS PGECET 2017, the counselling of TS PGECET 2017 will be held separately for GATE qualified candidates.
- There may be 2 rounds of counselling of TS PGECET 2017 and an open round for filling the vacant seats, if there remain any.
Procedure of TS PGECET counselling 2017
Step 1: Verification of documents at the Helpline Centers
Given below is the list of Helpline Centers where the verification of documents will take place:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University, Masab Tank, Hyderabad
- Nizam College Basheerbagh, Hyderabad
- JNT University, Kukatpally, Hyderabad
- University PG College, Secunderabad
- AV College of Arts, Science & Commerce Gaganmahal, Hyderabad
- Kakatiya University, Warangal
- Candidates will be called for registration of counselling as per their ranks in TS PGECET 2017.
- They are required to pay the processing fee after signing in the register. Further, they will have to proceed for certificate verification.
- Candidates will be notified about the date and time for document verification and counselling fee payment. They need to be present at the helpline centers as per the notified time and date.
- They will be required to report with all the required documents and fee.
- General category candidates have to pay INR 800, while candidates belonging to SC/ST category have to pay INR 400 as processing fee which is non-refundable.
- Furthermore, candidates need to furnish a valid mobile number at the time of document verification, as they will be sent One Time Password (OTP) for web option entry on the mobile number.
- After the certificate verification, candidates will be given a receipt from the counter which they must not forget to collect.
- While collecting the receipt, the candidates should make sure that they cross-check all the details on it such as mobile number, local area, gender, caste category, minority, parental income, Date of Birth, special category, eligible degree, specialization, etc.
- In case they find any discrepancy in the receipt, they must bring it to the notice of Camp Officer/Coordinator immediately for rectification, as seat allotment will depend on the accuracy of this data.
Step 2 – Web Option Entry of TS PGECET Counselling 2017
- Candidates can select/enter their option entry from helpline center/home/any other place which has internet facility.
- They will be sent a One Time Password that will be a 6-letter code on their registered mobile numbers, after they exercise option entry and click on the save button.
- Then they must click on the Web Options link to exercise the options.
- The Hall Ticket Number, Rank of TS PGECET 2017 and the registered Mobile Number is required to be entered by the candidates.
- They will get option form displayed in front of them with college options on the left side with specialization.
- Candidates must use the two types of filters available to minimize the selection list.
- Select the preferred college on left window and click to add it to the right side, which signifies as option number one. Rest of the options will be added in the same manner as per the preference of the candidates. The priority list of selected/entered options will get displayed on the right side window.
- Facility of modifying and deleting the options entered can be used by the candidates.
- After the selection of priorities and option entry finalization, click on Save button and enter the password sent to the candidates through SMS on their registered mobile. Use the virtual key board available on the screen for clicking on Save button and then click on Confirm button.
- Selected options will be saved in the Server, while the saved options will be displayed in printed format.
- Candidates must verify and take printouts of the selected colleges/saved options by clicking on the Print option link.
- The registered options in the server will automatically get frozen on the last day as specified and will be used for seat allotment in Osmania University Admission through TS PGECET 2017.
Osmania University Admission Documents Required for Verification
- GATE Score Card
- TS PGECET 2017 Hall Ticket/Admit Card
- TS PGECET 2017 Rank Card
- Transfer Certificate
- Study certificates from 10th class to Graduation
- Memo of SSC or its equivalent certificate
- Degree Certificate & Memorandum of marks of qualifying Exam
- Residence certificate for preceding 7 years of the qualifying examination for candidates who have been graduated through private study without any institutionalized education
- Residence Certificate of father or mother for a period of 10 years in Telangana/A.P. excluding the period of their employment outside Telangana/A.P. from M.R.O. in case of candidates who studied outside the state of Telangana/AP
- Integrated community certificate issued by the competent authority in case of BC/SC/ST candidates
- Income Certificate issued after Jan 1, 2017
- Minorities – Degree TC containing minority status
- Residence certificate from MRO for a period of 10 years of either parent for non-locals
- Aadhaar Card
- Income certificate issued by MRO after 01-01-2017 will only be considered
Osmania University Admission Seat Allotment
- Seat allotment announced through web based counselling of TS PGECET 2017 will be considered final. It cannot be changed or altered under any circumstances.
- While exercising the options, candidates should keep their mobile phones with them to ensure that the SMS from the counselling authority of TS PGECET is not blocked.
- In order to check their final seat allotment, candidates should log in and take printout of the seat allotment letter from the web.
- They must, then report to the respective colleges on or before the date notified on the allotment letter. If candidates fail to be present physically or report to the allotted college, their seat will be cancelled.
In case of any doubt or query, students can get in touch with the correspondents on the below mentioned contact numbers: