CTET Eligibility Criteria 2018 will be as laid by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The eligibility norms must be fulfilled by all the candidates if they wish to pursue a teaching career in the Central Government Schools through CTET. The exam will be held in more than 50 major cities across the country. It will be a traditional pen and paper based test i.e. the mode of the test is offline.
- CTET 2018 eligibility criteria are defined on nationality, educational qualification and qualifying marks.
- It is mandatory that all applicants must have cleared or are appearing for the final examination of the Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Education with a minimum of 50% of marks to be eligible for the exam.
- If any aspirant fails to abide by CTET Eligibility 2018, the candidature of such aspirants will be canceled irrespective of the fact that they have qualified the CTET 2018 exam or not.
- Candidates will be required to fill CTET 2018 Application Form on the official website.
The forms will be made available around the month of April 2018. Participants must fill in the necessary details and pay the application fees to register for the exam.
CTET 2018 Dates
CTET 2018 will be conducted for applicants seeking jobs into teaching posts offered in different government schools through out the country. It will be conducted in May 2018 in the offline mode. The important dates regarding CTET 2018 are given below:
|Registration for CTET 2018 to begin from||April 2018|
|Last date to submit CTET Application Form 2018||April 2018|
|Dates for Application Form Correction window||April 2018|
|Availability of CTET Admit Card 2018||May 2018|
CTET 2018 Eligibility
Eligibility Criteria are set of rules and regulations which have to be fulfilled by applicants in order to appear for the entrance exam. The criteria are as laid down by CBSE. Participants who are interested in pursuing teaching careers are advised to go through the details furnished below for appearing in CTET 2018. The basic eligibility requirements to appear in CTET 2018 are:
- Applicants must be a citizen of India to be eligible for CTET 2018.
- CBSE has not prescribed any age restrictions for candidates who wish tot appear for the entrance exam.
- Candidates will have to fulfill different eligibility criteria according to their wish to be a Primary or Elementary Teacher.
- The basic eligibility for CTET 2018 is that an aspirant must have passed graduation of a 2-year diploma in elementary education securing no less than 45-50% marks in the qualifying exam.
CTET 2018 Eligibility: Educational Qualification
CTET Eligibility 2018 requirements are stated below as per primary or elementary stage.
Academic Qualification for Primary Stage (Class 1 to 5)
Individuals should have any one of the following qualifications in order to fulfill CTET eligibility norms for the year 2018. They are given below:
- Applicants must have passed senior secondary exam or its equivalent with at least 50% marks. They should be appearing for or have passed the final year of 2- year diploma in Elementary Education.
- They must secure at least 45% marks in higher secondary exam and should have passed the final examination of 2- year diploma in Elementary Education in accordance with NCTE regulations, 2002.
- Participants must have secured an aggregate of at least 50% in higher secondary exam. They must be appearing for or have passed the final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- A candidate who scores at least 50% marks in senior secondary and has passed or is appearing for the final examination of 2- year Diploma in Education will be eligible for CTET 2018.
- Individuals who have done their graduation and have passed or are appearing in the final year of 2 year Diploma in education will also be eligible.
Academic Qualification for Elementary Stage (Class 6 to 8)
The educational qualification required for appearing in CTET 2018 elementary stage is given below. Candidates having any one of these qualifications will be eligible for the exam.
- Participants should have done their graduation and should have passed or are appearing in the final year of 2-year diploma in elementary education
- They must have secured at least 50% marks in their respective graduation degree and should pass the 1-year Bachelor in Education program.
- Applicants must obtain no less than 45% marks in graduation degree and must be appearing for the final exam of 1-year Bachelor in Education according to regulations of NCTE.
- They must have passed senior secondary with an aggregate of at least 50% and are appearing for the final year examination of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- They should be in the final year of 4- year B.A/ B.Sc.Ed/ B.A.Ed/ B.Sc.Ed having passed higher secondary with 50% marks.
- Aspirants should have completed their graduation with at least 50% marks and are appearing in 1-year B.Ed course.
CTET 2018 Eligibility: Other Parameters
The organizing body will look at some other educational factors too for the purpose of recruitment of teachers. These qualifications will not be essential requirements but will give applicants a better chance to secure a job in a good school. They are listed below:
- A degree or diploma in teacher education which must be recognized by NCTE.
- For a diploma in Education, the programs recognized by RCI will be considered.
Eligibility Based on Physical Education, Art and Craft Education, Work Education and Home Science
- Teachers for Physical Education will be chosen according to the regulations laid down by NCTE.
- Norms prescribed by the state governments and other school management will be applicable till the time NCTE lays down the minimum qualifications with respect to such teachers.
Eligibility Based on Relaxation for Reserved Category
Seats will not be reserved for individuals belonging to the reserved category (SC/ ST/ OBC and PwD candidates). However, they will be granted a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying exam of the minimum educational requirement.
Q. What is the maximum number of attempts an individual can avail for CTET 2018?
A. CBSE has not laid down any restrictions regarding the number of times an aspirant can appear for CTET.
Q. What are the minimum qualifying criteria for obtaining a CTET Certificate?
A. Candidates who secure more than 60% in CTET 2018 will be issued a CTET certificate by the organizing body. This certificate will be valid for a time period of 7 years. CBSE may offer certain concessions to the reserved category participants.
Q. If a candidate qualifies CTET; will CTET unit or CBSE provide him a job?
A. NO. CBSE is responsible for only conducting CTET 2018 and provision of employment does not fall under its jurisdiction.
Q. What is the Applicability of CTET 2018?
A. The certificate that will be issued to all qualifying candidates will be applicable to the following:
- Central Government Schools like KVS, NVS, Central Tibetan Schools, etc.
- Schools administered by UT’s of Chandigarh, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and NCT of Delhi.
- Schools owned and managed by the State Government or local bodies as also unaided private schools may exercise the option of considering CTET.