CDS 2018 Application Form will be available from the second week of November 2017. Candidates who are interested to appear for the entrance examination which will be held in the month of February 2018 must apply for the exam.
- The registration and application process will be conducted only through the online mode.
- Aspirants must go through the information brochure uploaded on the official website www.upsc.gov.in to know the eligibility criteria and other updates.
- Candidates will be required to register for the exam by filling up general details.
- Once registered, aspirants can fill up CDS 2018 application form by providing personal details, information about academic qualification and uploading the necessary documents.
- Aspirants must pay the requisite fees of INR 200 for the successful submission of the form.
- The form must be completely filled in every sense.
CDS 2018 (Combined Defense Services) will be conducted by UPSC in the first week of February 2018. The exam is a portal for recruitment to Permanent Commissioned Service in Indian Military, Indian Naval and Indian Airforce.
CDS 2018 Application Dates
Application process will begin from the month of November 2017. Aspirants must browse the official UPSC website for updates about the ongoing processes and exam. Important dates regarding CDS 2018 are given below:
|CDS 2018 Application Forms available||Second week of November 2017|
|CDS 2018 Application Process ends||First week of December 2017|
|Last date to pay application fees||First week of December 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||First week of January 2018|
|Exam date of CDS 2018||First week of February 2018|
Know About CDS 2018 Exam Pattern
CDS 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterion for CDS 2018 is as laid down by UPSC. Applicants must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the entrance exam. The various criteria for appearing in the exam are as stated below:
Applicants that are eligible should be either-
- a Citizen of India,
- a subject of Bhutan,
- a subject of Nepal,
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India before the January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in the country, or
- an Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Ethiopia, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire or Vietnam with the intention of settling down in India permanently.
Age criterion for different institutions is as given below-
|Indian Military Academy||18-23 Years|
|Naval Academy||18-23 Years|
|Air Force Academy||20-24 Years|
|Officers’ Training Academy||18-24 Years|
Note: The Commission will only accept proof of Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or an extract from Register of Matriculates maintained by a University.
Sex and Marital Status
- IMA: Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply who are born not later than January 2, 1994 and not after January 1, 1999.
- Indian Naval Academy: Only Unmarried male candidates born before January 2, 1994 and January 1, 1999 can apply.
- Air Force Academy: Male Candidates should be born between January 2, 1994 and January 1, 1998. For applicants having a valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA, India, the upper age limit is relaxed upto 26 years. These candidates should be born between January 2, 1992 and January 1, 1998. Applicants must be unmarried if they are below 25 years of age while married applicants above 25 years of age are also eligible to apply.
- Officer’s Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Married or Unmarried candidates should be born between January 2, 1993 and January 1, 1999 in order to be eligible for this course.
- Officer’s Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical course): Unmarried women, widows who have not remarried and divorcees who have not remarried can apply only for this course. Aspirant should be born between January 2, 1993 and January 1, 1999
Academic qualifications for various institutions are-
- I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy— Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/ Institution.
- Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- Aspirants who have professional and technical qualifications that are recognized by government as equivalent degrees are also eligible.
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying exam of a Degree course can also apply provided they do not have any present backlog upto the last semester and can submit required documents at the time of admission.
How to fill CDS 2018 Application Form?
CDS 2018 Application Form will be available on the official website www.upsconline.nic.in . Application forms can be submitted through the online mode only. Only those aspirants who apply for the CDS by paying the application fees can appear for the test.
Candidates are advised to submit a single application only. However, they can submit another/ multiple applications under an unavoidable circumstance. Such an aspirant must ensure that application with the higher Registration ID is complete in all respects. Applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that fees paid against one application form will not be adjusted against any other.
CDS 2018 Application form is a 2-step process. In the first step, applicants will have to register themselves by providing general details and academic qualifications. In the second step, individuals will have to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature and pay the application fees.
Pre-requisites for filling CDS 2018 Application Form-
- Class 10 Mark sheet and Certificate
- Class 12 Mark sheet
- Mark sheets for all the semesters of Graduation Degree
- For individuals studying in the final year of their degree course, Mark sheets of all the semesters upto the final semester.
- Scanned image of photograph and signature.
Specifications of Scanned Images of Photograph and Signature:
|Photograph||.jpg||200 dpi||3 to 40 kb||140 x 110 pixels|
|Signature||.jpg||200 dpi||3 to 40 kb||110 x 140 pixels|
CDS 2018 Application Form can be filled up by following these steps:
Part 1 Registration
- Log on to the official site of UPSC Online and click on the Examination tab.
- Select the option of ‘Combined Defense Services Examination (II)’.
- The Part I Registration page will open.
- Aspirants will have to provide general details such as Name, Date of birth, Mailing Address, Category, etc.
- They will then have to choose their preference for IMA, NA, AFA and OTA. Preference for the various fields should be indicated using numbers 0/1/2/3/4 with 1 being the highest preference.
- Applicants must indicate whether they have obtained or likely to obtain NCC ‘C’ certificate (Sr. Division). They will also have to specify whether they are serving the armed forces.
- Candidates can then verify the information mentioned in the Application form and can modify it in case of any mismatch/ discrepancy. No changes or modifications will be permitted after this stage.
- After all the above steps are complete, individuals must print out the confirmation page of Part 1 Registration which will have their unique Registration ID and other details for reference.
Part 2 Registration
- Select the option of ‘Part II Registration’ after completing the first part. Enter the Registration ID and Date of Birth.
- Applicants will first have to pay the application fees. They can choose any 1 out of the 3 options- Pay by Cash, Card or Pay by Net banking to pay the fees.
- The next step is to upload scanned images of Photograph and Signature. Candidates must upload their recent, passport-sized, color photograph and signature as per the desired specifications.
- Aspirants can view the uploaded images by clicking on ‘Preview’ and can confirm it once they are satisfied with quality of images.
- They will then have to select the exam centers from the drop-down menu for appearing in the CDS I 2018 Examination. All the exam centers will be allotted on first come first serve basis.
- After all the above steps are completed, a confirmation page will be generated. Candidates should take a print out of this page for future correspondence.
Payment of Application Fee
Aspirants can pay the application fees for CDS 2018 exam by cash, card or net banking. The process for rendering fees via each method is given below:
- Pay by Cash- On selecting this option, a system generated bank challan of State Bank of India will appear on the screen. Applicants must print out this challan and submit the requisite fees by cash at any branch of the bank. They must save the student copy of the challan as proof of payment.
- Pay by Debit/ Credit Card or Net banking- Aspirants can pay the fees through Debit/Credit card or through the Net Banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore. They must enter the required payment details on the bank page and save the receipt of transaction.
CDS 2018 Application Fees for various Categories are:
|General (Male Candidates)||200|
Details in Application Form
Candidates must enter information about the following details asked in CDS 2018 Application Form:
|Candidate’s Name||As on class 10 Marksheet|
|Gender||Choose whether Male/ Female|
|Date of Birth||In DD/MM/YYYY format|
|Father’s and Mother’s Name||As on class 10 Marksheet|
|Nationality||Choose nationality from drop down list|
|Marital Status||Whether married/ unmarried/ widow(er)/ divorcee|
|Physically Challenged||Whether a PwD candidate or not|
|Community||Choose community from drop down list|
|Address||Mailing and permanent address of applicants|
|E-mail ID||Valid email ID for future correspondence|
|Age relaxation claimed||Yes/ No|
|Educational qualification||Whether appearing or passed qualifying examination|
Q. After the submission of the requisite application fee, can the application be cancelled and a request for a refund be generated?
A. NO, the application fees will not be refunded under any circumstance whatsoever.
Q. I am an applicant belonging to the general category. However, I selected the reserved category by mistake while applying for CDS 2018. I wish to make changes to my category. Please help.
A. The information in the form once submitted cannot be modified or edited and any request to do the same will not be entertained.
Q. Can multiple forms be submitted and the fees for one form be adjusted to the other?
A. Multiple forms can be submitted only under an unavoidable situation. However, candidates will have to pay the fees again as the fees of another form will not be adjusted for the accurate form.
Q. Are candidates who have just appeared for the qualifying examination eligible for CDS 2018?
A. YES. Aspirants who have just appeared for the qualifying exam are also eligible provided they have no backlog upto the last semester and are able to produce the required documents at the time of admission.