TRIPURA JEE (Tripura Joint Entrance Examination is a state level entrance exam) conducted by Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination (TBJEE) for admissions to various undergraduate engineering, agriculture, veterinary, fisheries and other professional degree courses.
- The exam is scheduled to be held on April 26 and 27.
- Candidates can apply for the exam in both online and offline mode.
- The submission of online application has to be done by post.
- The admit card for entrance test will be sent by post only.
- The exam is conducted in offline mode.
TRIPURA JEE 2018 will continue with the OMR sheet filling-in of the answers. The questions are objective – Multiple Choice Questions.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- TRIPURA JEE 2018 will conducted over two hours with main subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology, depending on the course applied for.
- There will be 50 compulsory questions from each subject. Each answer will carry 2 marks so the maximum marks a candidate can score is 50x2 = 100.
- TRIPURA JEE is typically held in four parts, dividing the subjects and days.
- Candidates had to attempt subjects according to the course they applied for. Each subject is of 100 marks.
The number of seat intake for TRIPURA JEE 2018 is 220. According to previous data, the number of general category students who apply is about 2,163, 575 for SC category and 497 for the ST category.
Dates for Tripura JEE 2018
|Tripura JEE 2018 Application Form Distribution & Submission||From January 2, 2018 to January 31, 2018|
|Tripura JEE 2018 Admit Card||March 27, 2018|
|Tripura JEE 2018 (Offline)||May 3, 2018 [(11 am - 1 pm) & (2 pm to 4 pm)]|
|May 4, 2018 [(11 am - 1 pm) & (2 pm to 4 pm)]|
|Release of Answer key||May 5, 2018|
|Last date of receiving Tripura JEE 2018 feedback||May 5 to May 10, 2018|
|Tripura JEE 2018 Result||June 2018|
|Tripura JEE 2018Counsellingg ||June- July 2018|
Tripura JEE 2018 Eligibility
Candidates must fulfill all the necessary requirements to appear for the exam set by the conducting body. Candidate’s application will be valid only if they fulfill the minimum pre-requisite criteria for appearing in the exam. Following is the eligibility criteria for TRIPURA JEE 2018 entrance exam.
- Nationality - Applicant must be an Indian Citizen and a Permanent Resident of Tripura.
- If they are not a resident of Tripura, his/her parents must have been residing in the state of Tripura for not less than 10 years.
- Candidates who have passed or are due to appear in the higher secondary examination conducted by Tripura Board of Secondary Education/Central Board of Secondary Education or equivalent board can appear for the exam.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 from Tripura Board of Secondary Education/CBSE/ or any equivalent board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology as main subjects are eligible to appear for the exam.
- Students who are born to All India Services Officers in Manipur- Tripura Cadre can appear for the exam without having been a resident too.
- The same relaxation applies for the children of the employees of the State Government posted outside Tripura. They too can write the exam irrespective of their prior stay in Tripura.
- Candidates whose parent are deputed as the Central Government Officer and have served in Tripura continuously for a period of 3 years or more are also eligible to appear for the exam provided that he/she has appeared or will be appearing for Higher Secondary Examination from an Institution of Tripura.
- For candidates whose parents have been Ex-Servicemen can also appear for TRIPURA JEE 2018 provided that either candidate or his/her parents must have been staying in Tripura continuously for not less than 5 years. The time should be immediately prior to the date of application for TRIPURA JEE 2018.
- For wards of serving Defence personnel (Army / Navy / Air Force) hailing from Tripura, the children must have resided in Tripura for not less than 5 years, to be eligible for the exam.
Tripura JEE 2018 Application Form
Interested candidates can fill the application form in both online and offline mode. However, the filled-in application form in online mode must be submitted to the admissions office within the last date of the application process.
TRIPURA JEE 2018 Application form can be obtained in three ways -
Over the counter - Aspirants can obtain the Application Form & Prospectus of TRIPURA JEE 2018 from the office of Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination (TBJEE), Agartala, PIN-799001 by Rs.100 in cash. The same can be collected from different colleges in Tripura on all working days by making payment of Rs.100/- in cash.
List of colleges providing the exam form.
1. Govt. Degree College, Dharmanagar
2. R.K. Mahavidyalaya, Kailashahar
3. D.D. Memorial College, Khowai
4. Iswar Chandra V id y a sagar College, Belonia
5. N.S. Mahavidyalaya, Udaipur
6. Dhalai District Polytechnic, Ambassa
By post – Aspirants can also obtain the Application Form & Prospectus by postal request from the office of TRIPURA BOARD OF JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION by sending Postal Order of Rs.100/- per form in favour of Tripura Board Of Joint Entrance Examination, payable at Agartala Head Post Office.
Candidates should note that all postal requests must be sent along a self-addressed envelope of 30 cm x 13 cm size and a postage stamp of Rs.5/- affixed on it.
Online - Interested candidates can also download the application form from the official website- www.tbjee.nic.in as soon as it is updated on the official website.
How to fill Tripura JEE 2018 Application Form?
- Candidates are required to fill-in all relevant personal and educational details on the form – Name, Correspondence Address, Number, Age, Guardian’s Name etc and Class Xth marks along with Class XIIth marks or appearing details like roll number, board appeared for etc.
- After filling-in their details candidates should submit the choice of course.
- To successfully apply for TRIPURA JEE 2018, candidates must submit the filled-in the Application Form along with all enclosures and Challan form, marked by the State Bank of India to the official address of Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination.
- Aspirants need to deposit their examination fees through challan, supplied along with form, from any Branch of State Bank of India.
- The examination fees for different categories are mentioned is as follows
|SC & ST||300|
|BPL SC & ST||200|
- Applicants can select their choice of Examination Centre in his/her application form by ranking their preferences. Please note however, the same will be allotted to them subject to availability.
- List of documents to be submitted along with the application form of TRIPURA JEE 2018
- Proof of Age - Admit card of class X or equivalent/School Leaving Certificate/Birth Certificate
- Admit card/Enrollment Certificate of class XII or equivalent examination/Certificate from concerned institution as a proof of appearing in 12th or equivalent examination
- Mark sheets of class X and XII or equivalent examination (if already passed)
- PRTC from the appropriate authority of applicant or his/her parents
- Certificate of caste (SC/ST) from the competent authority
- Physically Handicapped (PH) certificate issued by the competent authority (2 photocopies)
- Certificate regarding the period of stay of Candidate/Father/Mother for not less than five years in case of wards of Ex-Serviceman/Serving Defence Personnel, issued by the competent authority. (2 photocopies.)
- Certificate showing the proof of Ex-Serviceman/Serving Defence Personnel, issued by the appropriate authority (2 photocopies)
- Copy of seat surrendered certificate (if applicable)
- Three Passport size photographs of applicant to be affixed and signed on these in appropriate spaces of the application form
- Self-addressed envelope (30cm by 13cm) with postal stamp of Rs. 5 affixed on it
- Copy of e-Challan (Board's part) with Banker's stamp
- Copy of BPL card/Ad hoc BPL certificate from the appropriate authority (if applicable)
Tripura JEE 2018 Admit Card
TRIPURA JEE 2018 Admit Card will be dispatched by the authorities through India Post (Agartala Head P.O.), Tripura from March 27, 2018. The admit card for Tripura JEE 2018 entrance exam will enlist details like
- Applicants’ name
- Roll number
- Test date & time
- Venue of entrance exam etc
Candidates will need to carry the admit cards to the test centre to appear in the entrance exam. The admit card should be kept safe by candidates even after the exam has been concluded as they will be required to produce the admit card for counselling for admissions to various undergraduate engineering programs.
Tripura JEE 2018 Exam Centers
Tripura JEE Exam Centers 2018 is a list of exam venues in the cities where Tripura JEE 2018 will be conducted. For the academic year of 2016-17, there were 4 test centers, while, for the academic year of 2018-18, the number of test centers increased from 4 to 5.
Ambassa has been added as a new test centre of Tripura JEE 2018. Candidates need to carefully select the exam centers of Tripura JEE 2018 while filling Tripura JEE 2018 application form as per their comfort.
Once allotted, the exam centre cannot be changed and the conducting body holds the judgment to allot the exam centre subject to their availability and no of candidates a centre can accommodate.
Tripura JEE 2018 Exam Centers are
Tripura JEE 2018 Exam Pattern
TRIPURA JEE 2018 will have Optical Marks Recognition / Reading (OMR) system and the exam pattern will continue to b objective type with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Applicants will have to attempt questions from four different subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- Each subject is of 100 marks.
- Candidates seeking admission to Engineering / Technological Degree Courses belong to Group – A and they will write the exam for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates seeking admission to Medical / Agricultural / Veterinary / Fishery and other such courses belong to Group-B and they will write the exam for Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Candidates seeking admission to Group C course will write exam for all four subjects.
- All the four subjects will have four different question papers.
- Each subject (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology) will carry 100 marks.
- The entrance examination will be of two hours.
- There will be 50 compulsory MCQs.
- Each question will carry 2 marks, so the total number of marks for each section is 100 (50x2).
- Each question will have four options, out of which only the correct option is to be selected.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
|Mode of Examination|| Offline|
|Number of Questions|| 50 compulsory questions per subject|
|Maximum Marks|| 100|
|Duration of Exam|| 2 hours|
|Sections in Paper|| 4 subjects|
Tripura JEE 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for Tripura JEE 2018 includes topics from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and Biology. Below is a list of important topics that candidates must study
- Sets, Relations & Functions,
- Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equations,
- Matrices & Determinants,
- Permutations & Combinations,
- Binomial Theorem,
- Mathematical Induction,
- Continuity & Differentiability,
- Sequences & Series
- Differential Equations
- , Integral Calculus,
- Three Dimensional Geometry,
- Co-ordinate Geometry,
- Statistics & Probability,
- Vector Algebra,
- Mathematical Reasoning and Trigonometry.
- Physics & Measurement,
- Laws of Motion,
- Work, Energy & Power,
- Gravitation, Rotational Motion,
- Properties of Solids & Liquids, Kinetic Theory of Gases,
- Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Oscillations & Waves,
- Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism,
- Current Electricity,
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Currents,
- Electromagnetic Waves,
- Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation,
- Electronic Devices,
- Atoms & Nuclei,
- Communication Systems, etc.
- Atomic Structure
- States of Matter
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure,
- Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, etc
- Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties
- f – Block Elements, Environmental Chemistry, etc.
- General Principles & Process of Isolation of Metals,
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry,
- Purification & Characterisation of Organic Compounds,
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens,
- Hydrocarbons, Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen,
- Polymers, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Bio Molecules,
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry, Chemistry in Everyday Life, etc.
Tripura JEE 2018 Result
TBJEE will release TRIPURA JEE 2018 Result tentatively in June 2018, for admissions to various B.Tech/ B.E. programs in the university.
- Candidates can check their results online on the official site for TRIPURA JEE 2018
- Open the website and click on the link that reads TRIPURA JEE 2018 Results
- Enter registered enrollment number in the window that appears
- Press submit, the result will be displayed
- Result window will show the marks obtained in the entrance exam along with merit position in the qualifying entrance exam.
Tripura JEE 2018 Seat Intake
|Name of Institution/College||Course & Branch||Available Seats|
|Tripura Institute of Technology (TIT), Narsingarh, Agartala||Civil Engineering||43|
|Tripura Institute of Technology (TIT), Narsingarh, Agartala||Mechanical Engineering||43|
|Tripura Institute of Technology (TIT), Narsingarh, Agartala||Electrical Engineering||44|
|TIT, Narsingarh, Agartala||Computer Science & Engineering||43|
|Nagaland University||Computer Science & Engineering||01|
|TIT, Narsingarh, Agartala||Electronics & Telecom Engineering||43|
|Nagaland University||Electronics & Telecom Engineering||01|
In case of any queries, candidates can contact the admission office at this address:
Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination,
Old Secretariat Complex, Finance Building, 2nd floor,
TRIPURA JEE 2018 Cut off
Tripura JEE 2018 cutoff is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be eligible for admission to B.Tech seats. TRIPURA JEE 2018 cutoff will vary from institute to institute. The cut-off will also depend on the stream of B.Tech course and the category of the students who have been shortlisted on the basis TRIPURA JEE ranks.
Please note that simply meeting the cutoff is no guarantee of admission as candidate has to meet any other eligibility criteria that may be prescribed by the institute.
The cutoff of TRIPURA JEE 2018 isn’t fixed and may vary from previous years. It depends on the following factors
- Seats available in the course for which admission is sought
- The difficulty level if the entrance exam
- The cutoff trends of previous years
- Perform in the entrance exam (if more number of candidates do well in the exam, it will push the cutoff rank higher and vice versa)
Tripura JEE 2018 Counselling
Aspirants who will cross the cutoff marks of Tripura JEE 2018 will be listed in Tripura JEE 2018 Merit List. The Merit List will be prepared based on the marks scored in accordance of their ranks. Highest scorer will get rank 1 in the merit list and candidate with marks equal to the cutoff will be placed at the bottom of the list. Candidates will be called for counselling and seat allotment on the basis of Tripura JEE 2018 Merit List.
The counseling is tentatively scheduled to be conducted in the last week of June/first week of July 2018.
TRIPURA JEE 2018 Counselling will be conducted by Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination (TBJEE) for admissions to undergraduate engineering program across the state engineering colleges. The qualified candidates need to appear in person for counselling and will be required to produce the below-mentioned documents for verification.
Documents for Tripura JEE 2018 Counselling:
- Permanent Residence of Tripura Certificate (PRTC)
- Admit Card Tripura JEE 2018
- Mark Sheet of Class XII
- Attested copies of mark sheet of Class XII has to be submitted
- Category certificate (if applicable)