TS LAWCET Eligibility Criteria 2017 for Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test or TSLAWCET is different for its 3 year and 5 year programmes. Candidate must hold a graduation degree to appear for the TSLAWCET. Candidates who have cleared class 12 examination are also eligible for the TS LAWCET exam. The 5 year integrated law program is designed for the candidates who have cleared class 12 examination.
One of the important rules, as defined in the TSLAWCET Eligibility Criteria 2017 requires the applicant to be an Indian national. Thus, any possibility of foreign origin candidates is ruled out. Also, a candidate must have secured 45% marks in class 12 or graduation. There is a relaxation of the 5% for the reserved category candidates. The upper age limit as per the TSLAWCET eligibility is 20 years for the 5 year program and 30 years for the 3 year program.
TS LAWCET Application Form 2017 will be released by TSCHE in the third week of March 2017. Candidates can fill the TS LAWCET Application Form 2017 till May 2017. It can be filled and submitted through the official website. TS LAWCET 2017 will be held on May 27, 2017. TS LAWCET Counselling will begin in the month of September 2017.
TSLAWCET Eligibility Criteria 2017 Guidelines
The general guidelines of TSLAWCET Eligibility Criteria 2017 are defined by the authorities on nationality and address proof of the applicant. TSCHE has determined the eligibility criteria of TS LAWCET 2017. The general guidelines are as follows:
- The candidate must be an Indian national
- The candidate must have a valid address proof, which must state that the candidate is a local resident or non- local resident of Telangana state
- A candidate must have secured 45% marks in class 12 or graduation.
- Candidates who clear class XII can apply for the 5 year integrated course.
TSLAWCET Eligibility Criteria 2017 for 3 Year Program
Candidate applying for 3 year degree programme must fulfill the TSLAWCET Eligibility Criteria 2017 to be able to apply for TS LAWCET admission. The important TSLAWCET Eligibility Criteria 2017 for the LAWCET 2017 admission to the 3 year program are as follows:
- The candidate must have completed a graduation degree from a recognized institute.
- The candidate must have Indian citizenship and this requires a citizenship proof. The certificate of residential proof must be obtained from the recognized body in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- The candidate must have cleared the graduation examination with a minimum of 45% marks.
- The candidate must have an additional graduation or post graduation degree given by a recognized board. The candidate must have 45% marks in the same if he/she does not have 45% marks in the primary graduation degree obtained by him/her.
- In case the candidate has cleared the class 12 examination from the open board, he/she must have obtained a certificate stating he/she has basic knowledge of the law course.
- The upper age limit for the candidates applying for TSLAWCET exam is 30 years.
- The SC/ST candidates are given a relaxation in upper age limit for 5 years.
- The age limit will be counted up to December 31, 2016.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 35% marks in the qualifying TSLAWCET 2017 examination. The minimum marks are 45 out of 120.
TSLAWCET Eligibility Criteria 2017 for 5 Year Program
Candidate’s who wish to enrol for the 5-year integrated law program, must fulfil all the TSLAWCET Eligibility Criteria 2017 defined below:
- The candidate must have cleared class 12 examinations or Intermediate examination.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in the passing examination. The board must be recognized by the Board of Intermediate education board, and Bar Council of India.
- The candidates of SC/ST category are getting a relaxation of 5% in the marks defined and so must have cleared the examination with 40% marks.
- The candidate must be essentially an Indian national and thus must have valid address proof issued by the authorities.
- The candidates of both reserved and non reserved categories must fulfill the status requirement as defined by the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions.
- The candidates must have a basic understanding of the law if they have completed a post graduation degree through an open university.
- The maximum age limit for all the students who apply for the 5 year program is 20 years.
- Candidates must have secured the minimum of 35% marks in the qualifying TSLAWCET examination.