Banaras Hindu University (BHU) Law Entrance Exam 2018 is scheduled to be held in April, 2018. BHU Law entrance 2018 is an offline mode of examination undertaken for providing admissions to candidates in law programs, both for LLB and LLM courses, offered by the university.
- BHU Law Entrance Exam is organized at two separate levels: (a) BHU UET (Undergraduate entrance test) for 3 years LLB (BHU LLB) course & other graduate courses and (b) BHU PET (Postgraduate entrance test) (BHU LLM) for 2 years master degree course & other postgraduate courses.
- BHU Law entrance exam for UG comprises 1 paper, with a total of 150 multiple choice questions, total marks of which is 450.
- BHU Law entrance exam for PG has 120 questions, with total marks of 360.
- The paper needs to be completed in 2-hours duration.
- Undergraduate paper has 4 sections namely General Awareness and Current Affairs, Common Legal Knowledge, Aptitude and Mental Ability and English/Hindi Comprehension.
- Question paper will be set in 2 languages: English or Hindi.Candidates can attempt paper in any one of the two languages.
|Total number of paper||1|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Exam medium||English or Hindi|
|Entrance test portal||www.bhuonline.in|
|Entrance exam for BHU LLB||BHU UET (Undergraduate Entrance Test) & BHU PET (Postgraduate Entrance Test)|
|Total number of questions in UET||150|
|Total number of questions in PET||120|
|Marks of each question||3|
|Negative marking||- 1 mark for each wrong answer|
|Question type||Objective type multiple choice|
|Total time||2 hours|
|Sections for UET|
- General Awareness and Current Affairs
- Common Legal Knowledge Aptitude
- Mental Ability
- English/Hindi Comprehension
- Each question of BHU UET 2018 and BHU PET 2018 carries 3 marks
- In case of a wrong answer, one mark will be deducted.
- No marks will be given for unanswered questions.
- If questions are attempted with more than one option, the answer will be considered
No. of Questions
BHU UET for Law question paper has total 150 questions in 4 sections. Whereas BHU PET for Law question paper has 120 questions.
BHU Law Entrance Exam syllabus
There is no definite syllabus for BHU LLB entrance test. It is advisable for candidates to go through previous papers and prepare for the entrance according to the exam pattern. The question paper will have multiple choice objective questions on the following subjects:
- General Awareness and Current Affairs
- Common Legal Knowledge
- Aptitude & Mental Ability and
- Language Comprehension
Language comprehension includes both Hindi and English comprehension and the candidates have to attempt the question paper in one language only. BHU LLB course is of two types: LLB (Hons) (06 Semesters-3 Years) and BA LLB (Hons) (10 Semester-5 Years)
For BHU LLM entrance exam, candidates being law graduates need to be thorough with legal concepts. Candidates need to prepare themselves on concepts like as follows:
- Law of Contracts
- Law of Torts
- Law of Crimes
- Environmental Law
- Constitutional Law
- Public International Law
- Hindu Law
- Muslim Law
- Indian Evidence Act
Important Books for BHU Law entrance exam
Candidates can refer to these books for the preparation of exam:
|BHU Banaras Hindu University L.L.B Entrance Exam 2017||Arihant Experts||Arihant Publication|
|BHU Banaras Hindu Vishwavidyalaya L.L.B Bachelor of Law & Legislation Parvesh Pariksha (Hindi)||Arihant Experts||Arihant Publication|
|Universal's Guide to LL.M. Entrance Examination||Gaurav Mehta||Universal Publication|
|The Complete Success Package - CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) 2016 (Old Edition) (For LLM)||Arihant Experts||Arihant Publication|
Important Instructions for BHU Law Entrance 2018
Candidates need to follow various instructions so that they may not face any problem during exam
- Reach the exam center of BHU entrance 2018 at least an hour before the scheduled time.
- Candidates reaching test center after half an hour of scheduled time won’t be allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates need to carry admit card of BHU LLB as issued to them along with a valid identity proof.
- Candidates will be provided one question paper for the entrance test and the answers need to be marked on an OMR sheet
- Four choices will be given for 1 question and candidates have to mark one answer.
- Ten minutes time will be given to read instructions and to cross-check number of pages and misprints.
- For any discrepancies regarding BHU law entrance booklet, candidates must report to the invigilator immediately.
- Candidates need to carry Ink/Ball Point pen in Blue or Black color to answer the paper.
- Blind candidates can avail facility of writer by sending request application to the conducting authorities of BHU
- Watch, pager, calculator, mobile phones, electronic diary, alarm clock, earphones, side ruler are not allowed inside the hall
- No candidates can leave the examination hall before the exam timings are over