NEET 2017 NEWS
NATIONAL LEVEL OFFLINE TEST
NEET 2017 Result has been declared on June 23, 2017. The result is published on CBSE official website which the candidates can check by logging in using their user ID and password.
This year the results got delayed due to various legal issues that arose due to the filing of cases in High Courts and Supreme Courts by students against discriminatory nature of paper in regional languages as compared to the English version of the paper. Earlier the results were expected to be announced on June 12, 2017.
Apart from the MBBS and BDS seats in the colleges in states (of their domicile) candidates can also take part in the NEET Counselling for All India quota seats which amounts to 15% of the total seats to be filled through NEET 2017 exam. These seats are open for all and do not carry any criteria related to domicile. Seats under this quota are under the direct supervision of the central government.
The exact date and schedule would be announced soon by the Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER), Shimla, on its official website. DMER is the official counselling conducting authority for MBBS admission in the colleges of Himachal Pradesh based on NEET 2017 Results. As per the news through the official channel, the counselling scheduled would be announced by the end of June and the counselling is expected to begin from the 1st week of July 2017.
The tentative counselling schedule for the MBBS admission process.
|Release of HP MBBS merit list||June –July, 2017|
|First counselling of HP MBBS 2017||1st week of July|
|Second counselling of HP MBBS 2017||2nd week of July|
Candidates should note that the second counselling and the subsequent round of counselling thereafter would be conducted only if all the seats remain vacant in the previous round and there is still scope for some more in take. All MBBS seats whether in government, private, semi-government, or self-funded colleges are required to be filled through NEET 2017 as per the directives from the Supreme Court.
A total of 85% of the total MBBS seats under the state quota would be put for counselling in the Himachal Pradesh MBBS counselling through NEET 2017. The remaining 15% seats would be filled through All India quota and counselling for which would be conducted by central government authorities.
Candidates looking for admission into MMBS courses in the state of Himachal Pradesh through NEET 2017 would have to follow a certain process. The detailed step by step process of counselling is listed below for your reference.
Candidates would be required to carry all the necessary documents in original (along with photocopy) to the counselling venue. Candidates should note that prior to the counselling process they would be required to undergo the document verification process. Only those candidates would be allowed to take part in the counselling process whose documents are found to be complete and verified.
For you reference, we have mentioned the list of required documents that are to be carried by the candidates to the counselling venue.
Candidates are advised to keep ready in advance the photo copies of two to three sets of original document. This would be helpful in various stages of counselling and admission process and also in case where candidate have made application in two or more colleges.
There are a total of around 300 odd MBBS seats that are to be filled through NEET 2017 in the state of Himachal Pradesh. The seat allotment process would be conducted under the supervision of Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission Committee. Candidates whose names are there in the merit list would be eligible for counselling cum admission process.
Applicants would be called for seat allotment according to their ranking in the merit list. Candidates under the combined category merit list would be allotted seats first followed by the category wise merit list candidates. The allotment of seat is a dynamic matter which depends upon many variables. The allotment of seat depends upon
After completion of all the procedural requirements for counselling candidates who would be allotted seats would get an admission letter issued in online mode through the respective colleges two to three days after counselling.
Candidates who receive the admission letter would then be required to complete the procedural formalities related to the admission process by visiting the respective college campus.
Candidates looking for MBBS admission in the colleges of Himachal Pradesh should carefully read the instruction sets as issued by the counselling authority in its official notification. For your reference, we have mentioned the list of some important instructions below.
Read complete details of Chhattisgarh MBBS Counsel ...
NEET Results are published on CBSE’s official webs ...
Mizoram NEET Counselling Dates 2017, Download NEET ...