Chhattisgarh MBBS Counselling Through NEET 2017 will be conducted by the Directorate of Medical Education, Chhattisgarh. The primary basis for allotment of seats will be the marks obtained by a candidate in NEET.
Here are the key points about Chhattisgarh MBBS Counselling Through NEET 2017:
- NEET Application Form is expected to be released online in the month of July 2017.
- Candidates must fulfill NEET eligibility criteria before they register themselves.
- Candidates must have scanned images of their photographs and signatures in the specified format for uploading.
- Personal Information, Educational Qualification Information along with NEET 2017 Score must be provided.
- Based on NEET Result, a merit list is prepared. In the order of merit, candidates are allotted seats based on their choices at the time of choice filling.
- Candidates from general category must pay a counselling fee of INR 1,000 (INR 500 for SC/ST) before they can start their choice filling and locking.
This year, there are a total of 800 M.B.B.S seats (650 Government MBBS seats, 150 private MBBS Seats) and 600 B.D.S seats (500 private BDS seats, 100 Government BDS seats) that will be allotted.
Know more about NEET Counselling
Chhattisgarh MBBS Counselling 2017: Important Dates
Dates of all important events of Chhattisgarh MBBS Counselling through NEET 2017 are shown in the table below.
|Release of Online Application Form||June 2017|
|Deadline to submit fully filled application||June 2017|
|Declaration of NEET Merit List||July 2017|
|Chhattisgarh MBBS Counselling 2017 Date||July 2017|
Chhattisgarh MBBS Counselling 2017: Eligibility Criteria
- All candidates wishing to apply for Chattisgarh M.B.B.S 2017 must carefully check the eligibility criteria before proceeding to fill NEET application form.
- Candidates who fail to meet any condition will be disqualified and shall not be allowed to appear for the screening test.
- Given below are the detailed eligibility criteria that candidates can check before initiating the application procedure.
- Only candidates who are Indian Nationals/ OCI (Overseas Citizens of India) are eligible.
- Age of the candidates must be 17 years at the time of the entrance examination.
- Candidates must have studied Biology, Physics and Chemistry in their 10+2 HSC or equivalent Board Examination.
- General Category candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50 % in their 12th Board Examination while the minimum required percentage for candidates from reserved category is 40%.
- Only Candidates who are registered residents of Chattisgarh are eligible to apply for the State Quota.
- Only candidates who have successfully cleared NEET 2017 will be allowed to appear for the screening test.
Chhattisgarh MBBS Counselling 2017: Application Form
- Candidates, after thoroughly checking the eligibility criteria, can begin with NEET Registration 2017.
- Applications are issued online and candidates must enter personal information, educational qualification information and address details in application form.
- Candidates must also provide details of their NEET 2017 performance.
- Candidates will then be required to upload their signatures and photographs in the specified format. Candidates can follow the guidelines available in the application form page to ensure this goes about smoothly.
- Application Fee of INR 200 (for General Category Students) and INR 100 (for SC/ST/PwD Candidates) must be paid in the offline mode via SBI Challan Payment. The SBI challan can be downloaded from the website.
- After submitting the application, candidates can take a print out of the application for any further future reference.
Chhattisgarh MBBS Counselling 2017: Merit List
- On the basis of NEET Result, the merit list for Chhattisgarh MBBS Counselling is prepared.
- In the merit list released, details of candidates such as Name, Rank, Category Rank and Score obtained in NEET 2017 will be available.
- Candidates will be allocated seats based In the order of NEET merit list. 15% of total seats available in Government Medical and Dental Colleges are available for All India quotas.
Tie Break Criteria:
In the eventuality of a tie between two or more candidates, the following tie break schemes are implemented in the given order until the tie is resolved.
- Marks obtained in Biology will be considered and candidate with higher marks in Biology will be ranked higher.
- In the event of equal marks in Biology, Chemistry Subject is next given preference.
- If candidates have secured same marks in Biology and Chemistry, their date of births are considered and the older candidate is ranked higher.
Chhattisgarh MBBS Counselling Process 2017
- Chattisgarh M.B.B.S/B.D.S 2017 counselling schedule shall be announced soon at the official website.
- Candidates must first register themselves in order to proceed with NEET Counselling.
- After successful registration, candidates must make note of the Login Id which will be used for any online counselling related activity from thereon.
- Candidates must then carefully fill all the personal and education details asked.
- After filling up all the necessary information, candidates must then upload all the required documents. These include recent photograph in prescribed format, Domicile Certificate, 10th class Mark Sheet, 12th Class mark Sheet, NEET 2017 ADMIT Card and NEET 2017 Score card.
- Counselling fee of INR 1,000 (General/OBC) and INR 500 (SC/ST) must then be paid. Candidates can pay the requisite fee either in online mode or offline mode.
- Aspirants must then fill up their choices of Institutes and Courses carefully and lock the choices.
- On the basis of their rank in the merit list prepared, candidates will be allocated seats.
- Seats reserved under the All India Quota are allotted on the basis of NEET 2017 Counselling.
Documents Required for Chhattisgarh MBBS Counselling 2017
Candidates must make sure they have the following documents at the time of Counselling.
- 10th Class Mark sheet (As proof of Date of Birth)
- 12th Class Mark Sheet
- NEET 2017 Admit Card and Score Card
- Income Certificate of Last two years for OBC Category Candidates
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- State Medical Board issued Physically Handicapped Certificate (if applicable)
- Freedom Fighter Certificate issued by Collectorate (if applicable)
- Armed forces certificate (issued by company Commander)/ex-servicemen certificate (issued by Sainik kalyan board of residing district and endorsed by director state Sainik Kalyan Board) (if required)
- Employee certificate (for NDMC applicants)
Chhattisgarh MBBS Counselling 2017: Cut off
- Candidates seeking a seat in Chhattisgarh through NEET must obtain the minimum qualifying marks to stand eligible.
- These marks have been described category-wise i.e. the qualifying marks are different for reserved and unreserved categories.
- Candidates who secure the minimum NEET Cut off will be admitted to one of the dental and medical colleges in Chattisgarh.
- The following table shows the necessary cut off percentile required for each category.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile|
Chhattisgarh MBBS Counselling 2017: Participating Institutes
|Name of Institute||Total Seats (Tentative)|
|Pt Jnm Medical College, Raipur (Government)||150|
|Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences, Bilaspur (Government)||150|
|Chandulal Chandrakar Memorial Medical College, Durg (Private)||150|
|Government Medical College, Rajnandgaon||100|
|Government Medical College, Ambikapur||100|
|Late Shri Baliram Kashyap Memorial Medical College, Jagdalpur (Government)||100|
|Late Lakhiram Agrawal Memorial Medical College, Raigarh (Government)||50|
|Name of Institute||Total Seats (Tentative)|
|Government Dental College, Raipur (Government)||100|
|Rungta Dental College, Bhilai (Private)||100|
|Triveni Dental College, Bilaspur (Private)||100|
|Chattisgarh Dental College and Research Institute, Rajnandgaon(Private)||100|
|New Horizon Dental College And Research Institute, Bilaspur (Private)||100|
|Maitry Dental College, Anjora, Durg (Private)||100|