Syllabus for MAH MCA CET 2017 is divided into two sections i.e. General Aptitude and computer concepts. Total count of questions asked in both the sections is 50 i.e. 25 questions are asked from General Aptitude sections and 25 questions asked from Computer Concepts.
MAH MCA CET 2017 is organised for the aspirants who are interested in the post graduate degree programme in Master of Computer Application in Maharashtra state. It is a state level entrance test conducted by Directorate of Technical Education.
The detailed syllabus for both the sections is explained as below:
This section checks candidates General Aptitude which helps them to pursue their computer profession. It is further divided into 14 chapters.
- Logical Reasoning: It tests the process of using rational, systematic series etc.
- Quantitative Reasoning: Checks basic Mathematical skills, elementary mathematical concepts, quantitative methods.
- High School Mathematics: This section comprises the test of basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry and pre-calculus.
- Vocabulary: This section tests the candidates English vocabulary
- English Comprehension: This section checks the visual understanding and reading skills of the candidate.
- Verbal Ability: It checks the skills related to the candidate’s language.
- Mathematics: This section covers the high school Mathematics topics. There are various chapters which come in the examination. The following table shows the Mathematical syllabus of General Aptitude:
- Fundamental operations in algebra
- Quadratic equations
- Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions
- Binomial theorem, permutations and combinations
- Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates
- Equations of a line, mid-point, intersections etc
- Equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola
- Simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation and scaling
- Differential equations of first order and their solutions
- Linear differential equations with constant coefficients
- Homogenous linear differential equations
- Simple identities
- Trigonometric equations
- Properties of triangles
- Solution of triangles
- Height and distance, inverse function
|Probability and Statistics|
- Basic concepts of probability theory
- Averages, dependent and independent events
- Frequency distributions and measures of dispersions
- Skewness and kurtosis
- Random variable and distribution functions
- Mathematical expectations
- Normal distributions
- Curve fitting
- Principle of least squares, correlation and regression
- Ratios and properties
- Problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage etc.
|Basic set theory and functions|
- Set, Relations and mappings
- Areas, Triangles and Quadrilaterals
- Areas and circumference of circles
- Volumes and surface area of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and cones.
This section checks the candidate’s computer based basic knowledge and basics of the operating system. It is further divided into six chapters. The following table shows the syllabus of computer concepts:
- Organization of computer
- Central processing unit
- Structure of instruction in CPU, input/ output devices, computer memory, memory organisation, back-up devices.
- Representation of characters
- Integers and fractions
- Binary and hexadecimal representations
- Addition, Subtraction, Division, Multiplication
- Signed arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic
- Floating point representation of numbers
- Normalized floating point representation
- Boolean algebra, truth tables
- Venn diagram
- Block structure of computers
- Communication between processor and I/O devices and interrupts
- Assembly language and high-level language
- Multiprogramming and time sharing operating systems
- Computer programming in C
|Operating System Basics|
- Timesharing operating systems
Highlights of MAH MCA CET 2017 Exam Pattern:
|Name of Exam||MAH MCA CET|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Sections||2 (General Aptitude and Computer Concepts)|
|Correct Answer Marks||4 marks|
|Negative Marking||-1 mark|
CHECK MAH MCA CET MERIT LIST