CUCET 2018 Exam Pattern will comprise 2 parts- Part A and Part B. Part A will consists of 25 questions, while Part B will comprise 75 questions.
- CUCET 2018 will be an offline based mode test.
- The question papers for all the programs will contain MCQs (multiple-choice questions) only, consisting of a total of 100 questions.
- Part A will contain a total of 25 MCQs on the following subjects: English Language, General Awareness, Mathematical Aptitude, Analytical Skills
- Part B will consist of questions relating to candidate’s Domain Knowledge/Subject specific questions.
- Part B will contain 75 MCQs that will be divided into two/three, or more sections.
- Each of these sections will have 25 or more questions.
- For programs such as, Integrated Courses/B.Voc./MBA/MCA/LLB or any other general course(s), there will be only one paper comprising of 100 MCQs. It will consist of questions on subjects- English Language, Reasoning, Data Interpretations/ Numerical Ability, General Awareness and Analytical Skills.
CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test) will be conducted in June 2018 for admission into the Under Graduate/Integrated Programme, PG Programme and Research Programme in several educational and professional streams in the above mentioned 8 Central Universities. The CUCET examination is direct one time annually.
CUCET 2018 Exam Pattern
The table below shows an overview of important details about CUCET 2018 Exam Pattern.
|Exam Mode||Offline/Pen and Paper Mode (OMR Sheet)|
|Number of parts||2- Part A and Part B|
|Number of Questions||100 (25 from Part A and 75 from Part B)|
|Question Paper Type|| Objective Type (MCQs) |
|Exam duration|| 2 hours|
|Exam language|| English|
CUCET 2018 Exam Pattern in Detail
CUCET 2018 question paper will consist of two parts- Part A and Part B. The paper will consist of a total of 100 MCQs (multiple-choice questions).
- PART A will contain 25 MCQs.
- PART B will contain 75 MCQs, with 2/3/5 sections. Each section will have twenty-five or more questions.
- Candidates will be required to answer X Sections (75 questions) as specified on the front cover of the test question booklet. For example, if Part B consists of 4 subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology, the instruction will say that a candidate has to attempt any three subjects such as PCB or PCM according to the subjects studied by the candidate in class 12.
- If a candidate attempts all the questions from all the sections then the best of the 3 sections will be considered while preparing the merit list.
- For combined Courses/MCA/MBA/LLM/LLB or any other normal course(s), only 1 paper will be given, containing 100 MCQs.
The question paper will be in English language only. The total duration for the paper will be 2 hours. The paper will have Negative marking. Each correct answer will carry 1 mark and for each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Some points to note:
- The exam pattern described above is relevant to UG and Integrated Programs in Science stream, and PG/B.Ed./Integrated M.Sc B.Ed/PG Diploma Programs.
- CUCET 2018 exam pattern for Arts stream includes only 1 test paper. The question paper comprises 100 MCQs from the following discipline: English, Numerical Aptitude/Data Interpretation, Analytical Skills, Reasoning, General Aptitude and General Knowledge.
- CUCET exam pattern for Research Programs is similar to UGC CSIR and other NET JRF exam. All question papers of PhD programme will consist of two parts. Part A consists of 50 questions based on research methodology including English and General Knowledge and Numerical ability. Part B consists of 50 questions from the respective subject domain.
- CUCET exam pattern for B.Ed. is different from other courses. However, the number of questions and marking scheme is same. It consists of 3 parts-
- Part A (25 MCQs): General Awareness
- Part B (35 MCQs): Teaching Aptitude
- Part C (40 MCQs): It is further divided into 4 sub-sections. Candidates have to attempt any one section from them as per the eligibility.
- Section 1: Social Sciences
- Section 2: Language
- Section 3: Physical Science and Mathematics
Section 4: Life Sciences
CUCET 2018 Marking Scheme
There will be negative marking in the paper. Each correct answer will carry 1 mark and for each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted. Questions not attempted will not be assessed and considered.
The article will further discuss the CUCET 2018 exam pattern, marking scheme, syllabus, etc. in detail.
- There will be negative marking in CUCET 2018 entrance exam. Each correct answer will carry 01 mark and for each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- Note that questions not attempted by candidates will not be assessed and considered for preparing final merit list.
- The candidate will have to choose one correct answer and mark on OMR Sheet. If a candidate marks multiple entries in the OMR Sheet for particular question(s), it will be treated as wrong answer with negative marking.
Know About CUCET 2018 Results
CUCET 2018 Syllabus
For admission into UG/ Integrated Courses, candidates can follow the syllabus of Class 12, while for admission into PG Courses and NET/ JRF research programmes, respective UG syllabus should be followed.
CUCET Syllabus for UG/Integrated Programs (3/4/5 years):
For Part A of CUCET for UG courses, there is no definite official syllabus. However, the questions will be asked from the following areas:
- English Language
- General Awareness
- Mathematical Aptitude
- Analytical Skills
For Part B, candidates have to refer any 3 of the following subjects. The syllabus is based on the general Class 12 level syllabus for the respective courses:
CUCET 2018 syllabus for UG/ integrated programmes is as mentioned below:
|Integrated MTech||Power & Energy Engineering, Information & Communication Technology|
|BTech||Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Printing and Packaging Technology|
|Integrated BSc BEd||BSc Bed|
|Integrated BSc BEd (Mathematics)||BSc BEd (Mathematics)|
|Integrated Science BSc MSc||BSc MSc|
|Integrated MSc||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Zoology, Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Botany, Environmental Science|
|Integrated MA||English, Economics, Psychology, Geography, Geology|
|Integrated BA BEd||BA Bed|
|Integrated BA LLB (Hons)||BA LLB (Hons)|
|BVoc ||Retail and Logistic Management, Retail Management, Tourism Management, Biomedical Sciences, Industrial Waste Management |
|Diploma ||Beauty & Wellness |
|BVoc ||Interior Design |
CUCET Syllabus for PG/B.Ed./Integrated M.Sc B.Ed/PG Diploma Programs varies as per the course. CUCET Syllabus for MPhil/PhD programs will be same as that prescribed for UGC- CSIR or NET-JRF.