Candidates must successfully complete the registrations for IIT JAM 2017 and also qualify the IIT JAM Exam, to be able to considered eligible for IIT JAM Admission Procedure 2017. Candidates can apply for admission to any corresponding course being offered at IITs. Only the selected candidates whose name appears in the IIT JAM merit list are qualified to get admission through IIT JAM 2017. Applicants must get acquainted with the requirements and profiles of the Institutes and Departments they are planning to apply for admission.
Depending upon the candidate’s qualification in a particular paper, he will be eligible to apply for the courses offered under that paper. Every candidate has to fulfill the basic Educational Qualifications and the Eligibility Requirements of the Admission granting Institutes. Important events and dates for IIT JAM 2017 have been tabulated here.
Check IIT JAM
|IIT JAM Admission Procedure|
|Online registration||12th April 2017 to 25th April 2017|
|First Admission List||2nd June, 2017|
|Second Admission List||20th June, 2017|
|Third Admission List||3rdJuly, 2017|
IIT JAM Admission Procedure 2017 to be followed for academic session 2017-18 for all the Programs at IIT’s is provided as follows:
- After the announcement of IIT JAM Result 2017, only the qualified candidates have to register themselves online using the prescribed Admission Form available at IIT JAM website i.e. http://jam.iitd.ac.in.
- All the candidates, regardless of IITs where they seek admission, have to apply online through Admission Form within the duration of April 12, 2017 to April 25, 2017.
- Candidates have to fill only one application form regardless of number of qualified test papers. They must state the order of preference for all the programs at IITs where the candidate is seeking admission.
- After logging in to the IIT JAM 2017 official website, a candidate is required to complete the required fields, like choice of the programs (in order of preference), educational qualification, percentage of marks/CGPA, Category, PwD status etc. Applicants must choose carefully the order of program preferences based on the basic educational qualification and eligibility requirements set by the admitting Institutes.
- Candidates have to make a payment of INR 600/- as non-refundable processing fee. The payment can be made online through the website by April 27, 2017.
- The admission form should be complete in every way because it will be rejected if it is found incomplete in any respect or if the candidate fails to make payment on time and the candidate will not be considered for admission. Moreover, candidates will be considered for admission only to the selected programs in their admission form.
- The first admission list for each program under IIT JAM will be prepared on the basis of preferences indicated by the candidates and their corresponding rank. The first merit list is going to be released on IIT JAM website by the Organizing Institute on June 2, 2017.
- If a selected candidate is allotted a seat through the first admission list and if the admission is made successfully, the lower preferences indicated by the candidate will get cancelled by default. However, the candidate can still remain on the waiting list for all the higher preferences. Selected candidates, who are not allotted any seat in the first round, will remain on the waiting list in the next round of admission.
- Any selected candidate, who fails to accept the admission notification, will not be considered for the subsequent IIT JAM admission process 2017.
- The declaration of the first admission list will be followed by the sending of admission notification from the respective admitting institutes to the concerned candidates. The interested candidates have to submit the acceptance form along with advance seat booking fee (INR 10000/- for General/OBC-NCL category and INR 5000/- for SC/ST/PwD category) online through official web portal in the prescribed time period in the admission offer letter. This amount is transferred to the admitting institute and it will be adjusted against the institute fees payable at the time of registration.
- If seats are left vacant after the completion of first admission process, the Organizing Institute will release a second admission list. This second list will be declared by the Organizing Institute on June 20, 2017. The admission notifications on the basis of second admission list, will be sent by the Admitting institutes to the candidates. The need to submit the acceptance letter along with the advance seat booking fee within stipulated time.
- If the seats remain vacant after second admission process a third and final admission list will be released. The third list will be announced by the Organizing Institute on July 3, 2017 on IIT JAM website. After the declaring of final list IIT JAM Admission Procedure 2017 will come to a closure.
Check IIT JAM Participating Colleges
Note: OBC-NCL candidates are required to upload a valid OBC-NCL certificate in the prescribed format along with the submission of their application form for admission after the release of IIT JAM results. The final seat allotment for these candidates will be made on the basis of the OBC-NCL certificate submitted along with the application form for admission. The admission will be made through General category in case the OBC-NCL Certificate is found invalid or not in the required prescribed format or sent/ uploaded later than April 25, 2017.
Candidates are advised to stay updated with the latest information uploaded on IIT JAM website.