GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance exam. It is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education or DTE every year in Goa. GCET exam is held for the admission to the professional Degree courses such as Architecture, Technology, Medical (MBBS), Engineering, and Homeopathy within Goa. This entrance examination takes place via online mode and in the English language only. Candidates who want to appear in this state level entrance exam must fill and submit their online applications on or before due date.
GCET will be held tentatively in the month of May, 2018 for which application form will be invited in the month of March, 2018. Various colleges & institutions of Goa state consider the GCET score for seeking admissions into different courses. Candidates who qualify this exam can get the chance of getting admission in the government and private engineering and medical colleges of Goa.
Interested candidates should first check the eligibility criteria and then apply. All information regarding application form, eligibility, admit card, exam dates etc., are given below.
GCET 2018 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET)|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education, Goa|
|Exam Type||State Level Examination|
|Exam Date||May 9-10, 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must be of Indian National, NRI and OCI can apply under NRI category|
|Must be 17 years to apply for Medical courses. No age limit for other courses.|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
|Duration||2 hours for each paper|
|Number of Seats||1300|
GCET 2018 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below the tentative exam dates of GCET 2018:
|Official notification will release on||November 2017|
|Availability of Application form||March 2018|
|Deadline for the submission of application form||April 2018|
|Deadline for the submission of application form (with late fee of INR 1000)||April 2018|
|Admit Card will release on||April 2018|
|Date of entrance exam||May 2018|
|Announcement of Result||Perhaps in June 2018|
|Counselling will commence from||Probably in June 2018|
All the dates mentioned above for each event are tentative not the final one. Actual dates will be officially updated soon. Candidates can start their preparation accordingly.
GCET 2018 Eligibility
Before filling the application form all candidates are recommended to must ensure their basic eligibility criteria prescribed for GCET 2018. The minimum basic eligibility criteria are as mentioned below:
- Only Indian nationals can apply.
- Non-resident Indians or NRI with valid passport can also apply under seat reserved for NRI category.
- The Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) card holders are also eligible for admissions to seats under NRI category.
- The age of candidates seeking admission in the area of
- Homeopathy, Ayurveda, allied Health Sciences, Dentistry and Nursing courses must have completed the age of 17 years as on 31 December of the admission year.
- There will be no restriction on the lower and upper age limit for admission in Architecture, Pharmacy and Engineering courses.
- Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination from recognized board.
- He/she should have Physics, Mathematics and English as mandatory subject and any one of following additional subject in Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/ Computer Science.
- Candidates must have scored at least 45% marks aggregate for general group and 40% for SC/ST/PH candidates.
- Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics subject.
- He/she should have scored minimum 50% marks aggregate for general group and 45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Candidates should also qualify the NATA exam.
|BHMS and AHS|
- Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry & Biology subject.
- They must have secured at least 50% marks aggregate for general group and 40% for SC/ST/PH candidates.
|B. Sc. Nursing|
- Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subject.
- He/she should have scored at least 45% marks aggregate for general group and 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and English as compulsory subject.
- Apart from above subject, candidates should have an additional subject in Mathematics, Bio-technology, Biology and Computer Science.
GCET 2018 Application Form
To attend the GCET 2018, candidates will need to fill up the application form. There will be two forms for this exam, form and B. They can get the forms online. The detailed application process is as below:
- The application form for GCET 2018 will be available probably in the month of March, 2018
- Go to the main site http://www.dtegoa.gov.in
- Candidates can also obtain application form from the various authorized centre in the State of Goa
- Download the application form and take printout of it
- Fill the application form correctly and carefully with all the required details
- Candidates must fill the application form in their own handwriting
- Paste your recent passport size photograph in the space given
- The application fee of GCET 2018 will be INR 1500
- Candidates have to submit the application fee by making Demand Draft
- Demand draft should be made in favor of Directorate of technical Education payable at Panaji.
- Attach all the required documents like DD, photograph, self attested educational exam certificates, etc. with the application form.
- Candidates have to submit the application form at the notified locations (as per centre opted), on specified dates
- Application submitted after cut-off date will not entertained under any circumstances
Candidates must make sure that all the given information provided in the application is true. Do not provide the wrong information.
GCET 2018 Admit Card
Admit Card for GCET 2018 will be released 2-3 weeks before the scheduled exam date. The application form submitted should contain correct information and no fields should be left incomplete.
- Once the correct application form and fees are submitted by the candidate, an admit card will be issued thereafter to the respective candidates. It will not be emailed or posted, nor can it be downloaded from the official website of the exam.
- The admit card will not be issued to those who have submitted incomplete application form and/or documents.
- Admit card will not be reissued if it is lost.
- Admit card will consist of all the important details about the exam like dates & timing, candidate's name & roll number, venue of the exam.
- Candidates must bring their original admit card on the day of the exam to the venue.
- It will be recommended to carry one Photo ID proof along with all the required documents.
GCET 2018 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
GCET Exam Pattern 2018
Candidates should be conversant with the exam pattern of GCET 2018. Check the following information in respect of GCET 2018:
|Mode of Exam||Question paper will be an offline exam i.e. pen & paper based.|
|Type of Questions||Objective type questions|
|Number of Questions||Question paper will consist of 75 MCQ type questions.|
|Exam Duration||Duration of the exam will be 2.00 hours|
|Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded. There will no negative marking in the paper.|
- Syllabus of the paper will be prepared on the basis of 10+2 level.
The syllabus of the paper will include Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology. The whole question paper will only be asked from these subjects only.
GCET 2018 Cutoff
Cutoff of GCET exam will depend on many factors such as previous years cut-off, number of applicants, overall performance. Some of the factors are mentioned below:
- Number of Candidate appeared in the exam
- No of candidates qualify the exam
- Level of difficulty of question paper
- No. Of vacancy in the exam
- Cutoff may also be sectional wise
Candidates who applied for this exam are advised to check the expected cut off marks of GCET on the official website.
GCET 2018 Result & Counseling
GCET Result 2018
- The result of the GCET 2018 exam will be declared by the DTE or Directorate of Technical Education in Goa.
- The DTE’s official website will host the result of the exam.
- The result will be declared probably in the month of June, 2018.
- Candidates can check their result via online mode on the official website of the DTE, Goa.
- On the basis of marks scored by the students, merit list will be prepared for providing admission.
- Candidates must note down the authority will not issue the individual score card.
- There is no provision of revaluation/ marks verification.
- Candidates can download the merit list from the website.
- Candidates will be called for the counseling procedure on the basis of their position in these lists.
GCET Counseling 2018
Counseling process will start most probably in the month of June/July, 2018. The counseling schedule and the selected candidates’ list of GCET 2018 must be checked by the candidates for appearing in the counseling procedure. Qualified candidates have to fill application form B for admission at notified location.
- As per the marks obtained by the candidates, separate merit list will be prepared for all the courses.
- Successful candidates will be invited for counseling on the basis of merit list.
- The counseling must be personally attended by the respective candidates.
- All the candidates should carry their admit card, educational documents at the time of counseling.
- Candidates will get the seat or select the seat on the basis of their rank in the merit list.
- The reserved categories’ vacant seats will be merged with the general category at the end of each round on the admission process.
- At the time of admission, candidates have to bring their original required documents including 10th and 12th class mark sheets, rank card of GCET 2018, passport size photo, certificate of 10th and 12th class, caste certificate, domicile certificate and character certificate etc.
- If candidates fail to appear for the admission rounds, their seats will be offered to other candidates in the merit list.