The IPU CET B. Voc. exam is a gateway for those aspirants looking for admission in an undergraduate program of Vocational Studies courses offered by Indraprastha University and its affiliated institutions. The online application forms for IPU CET 2017 are now available on the official website of IP university and the last date to apply is April 18, 2017. IPU CET 2017 B. Voc. test will be conducted on May 13, 2017. This article will aid all the IPU CET 2017 aspirants in the preparations.
IPU CET 2017 B. Voc. exam is a Computer Based Test for the duration of 150 minutes. It is divided into four sections viz. English Language and Comprehension, Numerical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and General Awareness including Computer Awareness. The question paper contains 150 objective multiple choice questions (4 options) of total 600 marks. For each right answer, four marks are awarded. One marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. The syllabus of the examination would be based on class 12th under 10+2 scheme.
Preparation Tips for IPU CET B. Voc. Exam
The exam preparation for aspirants must be at its peak now, as only a few days are left for the IPU CET exam. Students must utilize these days in an effective manner. Focusing on the topics and preparing well keeping the syllabus as the base would help the candidate save time as well as has his/her attention on the important topics.
Exams Preparation Strategies
- Candidate should not take the stress and take a proper break in between studies to keep their mind fresh and active. Develop a Recreational activity to do.
- Revise and Re-revise, have a deep understanding of every topic.
- Take the test of topics individually to test yourself.
- Attempt sample questions before appearing for IPU CET Exam to have an idea what IPU CET Exams look like.
- Attempt as many question papers as possible.
- Read newspapers and watch news every day for an hour to have the best idea of the latest happening in order to get along with the GK (General knowledge)
Know About IPU CET 2017 B.Voc Exam
IPU CET B.Voc. Preparation: English Language and Reading Comprehension
This section tests student’s ability in English written language and reading comprehension. Spending qualitative time in reading will help to overcome candidates’ weakness in their language skills. The English Language and Reading comprehension section of IPU CET exam is classified into following parts: Vocabulary Usage, Para Jumble and English Grammar, Replace the missing words, English Usage and Comprehension.
Here are few basic preparation tips which may be helpful for candidates in English Language and Reading comprehension section of IPU CET 2017:-
- Candidate should regularly read newspapers and magazine. This will help the candidate in building a good vocabulary.
- Aspirants must listen to speeches or watch movies and/or documentaries with English subtitles. This increases knowledge of spoken English and helps while attempting questions on sentence completion.
- Candidate should identify the words they are not familiar with and try to understand their meaning and usage.
- Candidate should read comprehensions as many as possible for improving their reading speed and answer the questions based on that.
While answering comprehension passage, the candidate should keep these four things in mind:
- Candidate should always try to understand the gist of the passage.
- Candidate should organize their ideas while going through the passage
- Candidate should manage their time in an effective manner.
Check IPUCET Sample Papers
IPU CET B.Voc. Preparation: Logical Reasoning
This section test candidate ability to identify patterns, understanding of logical links. Here are few basic preparation tips which may be helpful for candidates in Logical Reasoning section of IPU CET 2017:-
- Candidate can solve most of the questions from this section by following certain tricks and shortcut methods. Therefore, the practice of previous year papers and chapter wise questions is important.
- Candidate should solve questions regularly to get a good grip of all kind of questions.
- Candidate can also prepare for this section is by regularly solving crossword puzzles, Sudoku, riddles etc.
- Candidate should spend some seconds over a question and study each question carefully. A brief explanation of why each choice is correct or incorrect should go into candidate’s mind.
- Candidates should never assume or use any information that is not given in the question.
- Candidate must read all the response choices carefully before eliminating or choosing one of them.
PU CET B.Voc. Preparation: Numerical Reasoning
In this section, the problem-solving skills, decision-making ability, identify patterns, understanding of logical links of a student are tested. This section is termed as a calculation-intensive section. Students often panic while attempting this section. Here are few preparation tips which may be helpful for candidates in Numerical Reasoning section of IPU CET:
- Candidate should brush up the basics of mathematics to get a grip on the fundamental topics.
- Practice is the key to Mathematics, so candidates must practice as many mock tests as possible.
- Candidate should spend at least 2-3 hours in solving problems.
- While appearing for any mock/online tests, candidates must not use calculators.
- Candidate should learn to manage time properly. Don’t waste too much of time on one particular question.
- Candidates are advised to solve easy and medium level questions first as these questions can save some extra time for difficult level questions.
- Candidate can solve most of the questions by following certain tricks and shortcut methods. Therefore, it is very important to practice previous year papers and chapter wise questions.
- To score well in this section, Candidates are advised to build their speed in various types of mathematical techniques, use of Vedic mathematics etc.
- While practicing quant questions, Candidates can set up a timer and try to solve the questions in the given time. This helps them in building their speed and saving time.
- Spend some seconds over a question and study each question carefully.
- Candidate must never assume or use any information that is not given in the question.
- Candidate must be sure to read all the response choices carefully before eliminating or choosing any one of them.
Check IPU CET 2017 Official Notification Released at ipu.ac.in
IPU CET B.Voc. Preparation: General Awareness
- Candidate should read Newspaper daily and watch the news for at least 30 minutes to have a better idea of what is happening around the world.
- Lucent’s General Knowledge book is sufficient for candidates to prepare well for this section.
- As IPU CET paper also contains questions from basic Computer awareness, the candidate must be aware of the general usage of computer and recent development.