JEE ADVANCED 2017 NEWS
NATIONAL LEVEL OFFLINE TEST
IITBBS (Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar) was set up by the Government of India in 2008. Currently, the institute has 581 students in the B.Tech program in Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Metallurgical & Materials Engineering along with 140 MSc., 124 M. Tech. and 181 Ph. D. with a total of 1026 students. In the academic year 2017-18, the institute is offering following B. Tech. & Dual Degree Programs.
The Institute promotes a border-less interdisciplinary academic environment to encourage the academic staff and students to work together through the concept of schools. Currently, the Institute has school of basic sciences; school of earth, ocean and climate sciences; school of electrical sciences; school of humanities, social Sciences and Management; School of Infrastructure; School of Mechanical Sciences and School of Mineral, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering.
Candidate should be in top 20 Percentile or 75 per cent marks in the Class XII board exam. In other words, a candidate who has qualified JEE Advanced, should either outline in the top 20 percentile performers of the Class XII Board examination or marks at least 75 percentile to be eligible for admission to IITs. In case of reserved categories like SC and ST candidates, the cut off will be 70 percentile in board examination.
|Academic Program Code||Academic Program Name||OPEN||OPEN-PwD||SC||SC-PwD||ST||ST-PwD||OBC-NCL||OBC-NCL-PwD||Total|
|4109||Civil Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||25||0||7||0||3||0||14||1||50|
|4110||Computer Science and Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||25||0||7||1||3||0||14||0||50|
|4111||Electrical Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||25||1||7||0||3||0||14||0||50|
|4114||Electronics and Communication Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||20||0||5||1||3||0||11||0||40|
|4125||Mechanical Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||24||1||7||0||3||1||14||0||50|
|4127||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||9||1||3||0||2||0||5||0||20|
|5216||Computer Science and Engineering (5 Years, Bachelor and Master of Technology (Dual Degree))||5||0||2||0||1||0||2||0||10|
|5255||Electrical Engineering and M.Tech Power Electronics and Drives (5 Years, Bachelor and Master of Technology (Dual Degree))||5||0||1||1||1||0||2||0||10|
|5260||Civil Engineering and M.Tech in Transportation Engineering (5 Years, Bachelor and Master of Technology (Dual Degree))||5||0||2||0||0||0||3||0||10|
|5284||Mechanical Engineering and M. Tech. in Mechanical System Design (5 Years, Bachelor and Master of Technology (Dual Degree))||5||0||1||0||1||0||3||0||10|
|5285||Mechanical Engineering and M. Tech. in Thermal Science & Engineering (5 Years, Bachelor and Master of Technology (Dual Degree))||4||1||2||0||1||0||2||0||10|
|5286||Civil Engineering and M. Tech. in Structural Engineering (5 Years, Bachelor and Master of Technology (Dual Degree))||5||0||1||0||1||0||2||1||10|
|5287||Mechanical Engineering with M.Tech. in Manufacturing Engineering (5 Years, Bachelor and Master of Technology (Dual Degree))||5||0||1||0||1||0||3||0||10|
|5288||Civil Engineering and M.Tech. in Environmental Engineering (5 Years, Bachelor and Master of Technology (Dual Degree))||5||0||2||0||1||0||2||0||10|
|5289||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering and M.Tech. in Materials Science and Engineering (5 Years, Bachelor and Master of Technology (Dual Degree))||5||0||2||0||0||1||2||0||10|
Counselling of JEE Advanced 2017 will start from June 15 to July 19. JEE Advanced 2017 counselling will be conducted by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) in 7 rounds. In order to participate in the counselling of JEE Advanced,
Admission to regular B.Tech programs will be purely based on the merit list generated from JEE Main ranks published by JEE 2017. The admission process consists of the following stages:
(a) Online application
(b) Document verification
(c) Round-wise online provisional seat allotment
(d) Seat acceptance
(e) Reporting at the institute for final admission.
Visit the website www.iiit-bh.ac.in to apply online for the B.Tech Programs. Please note that only online application is accepted. The payment details (both in soft copy and hard copy form) have to be kept ready at the time of filling the online application form, since the details of the payment transaction have to be entered in the application form.
1. Valid email ID is mandatory for online application.
2. Click on the link given on the website for admission.
3. Enter your name and e-mail id, so that a message containing a passcode will be generated and displayed to you.
4. Login using the email id and the passcode.
5. Pay the non-refundable application fee of INR 1000 (Rupees one thousand only) through online transaction.
6. Carefully fill in all the relevant fields of the blank application form which include the payment details.
7. Save the form by clicking the "Submit" button.
8. Edit the data in the application form.
9. When you are certain that all the data has been accurately provided, submit the application form. Please note that, the application form cannot be modified once the “Commit” button is pressed.
10. Print application by clicking on the print button.
11. Important information will be communicated through the website, admission notice board, and email.
12. Odisha State Category (“S”) and “OL” category candidates need not send any document by post as they will be called for document verification before the provisional round-wise allotments take place.
13. Odisha non-domicile candidates are required to send the following by speed post so as to reach IIT Bhubaneswar latest by June 2017.
Read about JoSSA 2017 Seat Matrix for IITs from th ...
IIT BHU Varanasi offers 1090 seats for admission t ...
IIT Guwahati offers 645 seats for admission to B. ...