Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jammu offers 4 years Bachelor in Technology programs in three disciplines namely Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
The admission to these courses is through the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). Your JEE Advanced rank will get you admission into the institute.
- The process of admission is followed by JoSAA Counselling which begins on June 15, 2017.
- The first round of counselling is scheduled for June 28, 2017.
- IIT Jammu offers a total of 120 seats with the intake of 30 seats in each discipline.
- The institute code for IIT Jammu is 122.
IIT Jammu Seat Matrix
- A total of 120 seats are offered in 3 branches of Engineering by IIT Jammu
- The seats for IIT Jammu have been allotted as follows:
- Open category- 59 seats
- SC – 18 seats
- ST – 8 seats
- OBC NCL – 31 seats
- PwD – 4 seats
Seat Matrix of IIT Jammu of general category has been tabulated below:
|Institute Code||Institute||Program Code||Program||Open||SC||ST||OBC-NCL|
|122||Indian Institute of Technology Jammu||4109||Civil Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||14||5||2||8|
|122||Indian Institute of Technology Jammu||4110||Computer Science and Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||15||4||2||8|
|122||Indian Institute of Technology Jammu||4111||Electrical Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||15||5||2||7|
|122||Indian Institute of Technology Jammu||4125||Mechanical Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||15||4||2||8|
IIT Jammu Seat Matrix for PwD Candidates
- IIT Indore reserves 4 seats out of its total of 120 seats for PwD category candidates.
- Both program code and institute code are essential for the candidates during counselling.
Given below is the seat matrix for PwD candidates:
|Institute Code||Institute||Program Code||Program||Open PwD||SC PwD||ST PwD||OBC-NCL PwD|
|122||Indian Institute of Technology Jammu||4109||Civil Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||1||0||0||0|
|122||Indian Institute of Technology Jammu||4110||Computer Science and Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||1||0||0||0|
|122||Indian Institute of Technology Jammu||4111||Electrical Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||0||0||0||1|
|122||Indian Institute of Technology Jammu||4125||Mechanical Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)||0||0||1||0|
JEE Advanced Counselling (JoSAA)
- JoSAA Counselling is conducted for candidates who have qualified JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
- Candidates need to reach their nearest Reporting Centers for documents verification.
- Seat Allocation is conducted by JoSAA for academic programs offered by the 23 IITs for the year 2017-2018.
- JEE Advanced Counselling shall begin from June 15, 2017 and only those who have qualified the JEE Advanced Result are eligible to participate.
- The counselling will end on June 26, 2017 and number of rounds conducted would be dependent on the available seats.
- Candidates are expected to report in person at their allotted centers and get the documents verified.
- Those who failed to report shall get a refund against their seat acceptance fee, if paid.
- The counselling procedure for JEE Advanced 2017 includes:
- Filling and locking of choices
- Allotment of seats
- Reporting to the allotted college
- Getting provisional admission in these colleges.
- The first round of counselling will include seat allocation announcement and will commence on June 28, 2017.
- This will be followed by seat acceptance at reporting centers.
- Withdrawal of seat is permitted to candidates in case they are allotted a better institute in the following rounds of counselling.
Documents Required for Provisional Admission
Following original documents are to be submitted by students along with one attested photocopy during verification for taking provisional admission.
- JEE Advanced 2017 Original Admit Card
- JEE Advanced 2017 Seat Allotment Letter from JOCSAP website
- JEE Advanced Application Form (duly filled)
- Duly filled medical examination report
- Birth Proof — Class Xth /HSC/Birth Certificate/Any other certificate as proof of data of birth
- Class 12th or Equivalent Examination Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate (OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PwD/DS) issued by competent authority as per the format in the JEE Advanced 2017 Brochure
- Criterion for Foreign National students — Attested photocopy of the page in the passport comprising the name, photo and nationality.
- DD towards the registration fee. It would be later adjusted towards the tuition fee, to be paid at the time of admission.