UPES DAT 2018 Application Form can be obtained from www.upes.ac.in if a candidate wishes to apply in the online mode. The registration process starts from December 2018 for B.Des and M.Des courses.
- UPES Prospectus & Application form can be obtained by candidates either through online or offline mode.
- For online registration candidate needs to visit the official website of UPES and click on ‘Apply Online’ tab.
- After activating account through email and setting password, candidate will be asked to make payment through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking
- Indian Residents will have to pay INR 1850, while Foreign Residents will have to pay US$ 75 (as per prevailing Indian conversion rate) as application fees
- Application forms can also be obtained by paying through demand draft or cash.
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Design Aptitude Test (UPES DAT) is an annual exam for aspirants seeking admission in various under graduate and post-graduate design courses. Admissions are offered by School of Design Studies (SoDS) at University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES).
UPES DAT 2018 Application Form Dates
To successfully fill UPES DAT 2018 Application Form, candidate must keep a track of the important dates associated with opening and closing of online registration, last date to submit fees and the date of examination.
|UPES DAT 2018 Prospectus & Application form will be available from||December 2017||December 2017|
|Last date to fill the application form||January/February 2018||April/May 2018|
|Last Date to remit the application fee||January/February 2018||April/May 2018|
|UPES DAT exam date||January/February 2018||April/May 2018|
UPES DAT 2018 Eligibility
Eligibility criteria for each course are different. Candidate must carefully understand their academic qualifications and eligibility for desired course, before filling UPES DAT 2018 Application Form.
Following are the eligibility criteria for each course -
- Both Indian and Foreign Residents are eligible to appear for exam
Eligibility Criteria for B.Des Courses
- Candidate should be born on or after October 1, 1996
- Examination Pathway- Candidate should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in 10th and 12th (Higher & Senior Secondary level)
- Non-Examination Pathway- Candidate must have scored at least 65% in Board exams of 10th and 12th class. Candidate should have secured a minimum of 60% marks in 10th and 12th class by JEE Mains/UCEED Merit List.
Eligibility Criteria for BFA
- Candidate should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in 10th and 12th class in any stream
Eligibility Criteria for M.Des Courses
- Candidate should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in 10th and 12th (Higher & Senior Secondary level)
- Candidate should have pursued a 4-year course of B.Des, B. Tech, BE in any discipline, B. Arch or BFA
- Candidate should have secured at least 50% marks in any of the above mentioned under graduate courses
How to Fill UPES DAT 2018 Application Form?
Application form and prospectus for UPES DAT 2018 can be purchased and filled by applicants both through online and offline mode. Candidate must ensure that he/she keeps all the documents ready, before commencing online registration.
Following are the steps to be followed by candidates for online purchase and submission of application form -
Step 1 - Registration
- Candidates first need to go to official website of UPES, www.upes.ac.in and click Apply Online
- Candidate will then reach webpage ‘Online Application Form’. On this page candidate has to select whether he/she is Indian Resident or Foreign Resident.
- After selecting one of the options (Indian Resident or Foreign Resident), candidate will reach webpage for new registration by clicking on ‘Register Now With UPES’
- After this, candidate will reach Step 1 of Registration, where Applicant Details have to be filled. Details involved are Name, Course in which admission is being sought, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number, Nationality (with details on Country, State and City) and Source through which candidate got to know about exam
- All the above details have to be carefully and correctly filled since these will be used for further correspondence. Once form is filled, candidate will click ‘Submit’ tab.
- Confirmation screen for application form will appear, stating that candidate now needs to check their email ID where activation link to proceed with registration has been sent.
Step 2 – Set Password
- Candidate will login into his/her email account, where an email from UPES (firstname.lastname@example.org) would have come, with activation link. Candidate will then click on ‘Activate now’ tab in email
- Candidate will now reach Step 2 of registration process, where password has to be set.
- On setting the password, Application No. for candidate will be generated, along with a confirmation that password has been successfully set
- Candidate will then click on ‘Proceed’ tab
Step 3- Make Payment
- Now candidate will reach Step 3, which is ‘Go for Payment’. On this page candidate will also get the option to download both Prospectus and Information Bulletin
- After downloading both files, candidate needs to click on ‘Proceed to pay’ tab
- Candidate will now reach a secure webpage to make online payment for registration.
- Online payment for application fees can be done through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking of any bank
- The amount will depend upon the selection done in first step, between Indian Resident and Foreign Resident
- For Indian Residents, application fee is INR 1850, while for Foreign Residents application fee is US$75. The actual amount of application fee received from Foreign Residents will depend upon the prevailing currency conversion rate in India
- Subsequent to making payment, candidate will receive payment confirmation
Step 4 – Fill Academic Details and Upload Images
- Candidate will then reach Step 4, which is the final step, where he/s she will have to fill all the required academic details
- Candidate will also have to select preferred cities for taking exam
- Scanned images of candidate’s photograph and signature will have to be uploaded in prescribed format
- Subsequent to carefully filling all details and reviewing them, candidate will submit the form to successfully complete registration
Application form should not be submitted before all the required details have been filled in information fields of the application form. ‘Back’ tab on the tool bar of browser should not be clicked anytime during online application process. Only the links and tabs present on webpage should be used to move across pages of application process.
Candidate must not forget to take print out of completed application form, subsequent to successful completion of submission process. Print out is necessary for future reference. Application number generated on submission Application form must also be saved by candidate for future reference
Candidates can also obtain examination prospectus and application form through offline mode. There are two offline methods through which they can be purchased –
- By Demand Draft – Candidate needs to get a demand draft made in favor of ‘UPES Fee Account’, payable at New Delhi. The amount of demand draft should be Rs 1850. Demand draft should be sent to ‘University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Enrollments Office, UPES, 210, 2nd Floor, Okhla Industrial Estate, New Delhi 110020’ to obtain prospectus and application form
- By Cash – Prospectus and application for examination can also be purchased by making cash payment of Rs 1850 at various admission counters that are located in Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai
Details in Application Form
Candidate must carefully and correctly fill all details asked in UPES-DAT 2018 Application Form, before submitting it. Following are the details to be filled by candidate
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Name||Enter first name, middle name and last name|
|Father’s Name||Fill name of father|
|Mother’s Name||Fill name of mother|
|Address||Enter address with complete details including pin code|
|Date of Birth||Enter birth date with year of birth|
|Program To Be Pursued||Enter which course candidate wants to pursue (Under Graduate and Post Graduate) and further which program under the selectee course candidate wants to pursue|
|Nationality||Which country candidate belongs to|
|Enquiry Source & Sub Source||From where did candidate hear about UPES DAT and then further the specific source|
|Gender||Chose from male, female or transgender|
|Academic Details||Fill in details regarding 10th, 12th and graduation, including marks and university from which course has been pursued|
|Mobile Number||Enter correctly for further correspondence|
|Email ID||Enter correctly for further correspondence|
|Photograph||Upload latest photograph|
|Signature||Upload valid signature|
|Choice of Centers||Select three preferred centers for examination|
Retrieve Password or Application Number
In case candidate forgets his/her, it can be retrieved by clicking on ‘Forgot password’ tab on login page. Candidate will then be asked to enter his/her email ID. After entering email ID, click ‘Submit’ tab and candidate will receive confirmation that password details have been sent to registered email ID. Candidate will subsequently receive an email from email@example.com with password details, which can be used to login into account.
- Can candidate secure bank loan to pursue education at UPES? Does UPES have any nationalized or private banking partners?
Candidates can definitely secure loan to fund their education at UPES. Further, to facilitate and ease out the potential students of UPES, University has established formal partnerships with State Bank of India and Oriental Bank of Commerce, which are leading nationalized banks. Students can remain assured about expenses because they are allowed to cover all their expenditures including Course Fee, Hostel Fee etc., in their loan application.
- Do B.Des and M.Des courses have any reservation or quota of any kind?
UPES does not have any reservation or quota of any sort for admission into B.Des and M.Des courses.
- Can candidate request for change in examination center?
Candidates cannot put any requisition for change in examination center. Once examination center has been allotted by UPES, candidate will have to abide by it.