KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research has released the notification for admission to PGDM program. KJ Somaiya Admissions 2017-2019 will be obtained through XAT 2017, CAT 2016, CMAT 2017 & GMAT. KJ Somaiya 2017 Registration Process will end on February 10, 2017. Merit List will be declared on April 01, 2017.
The XAT 2017 Exam will be conducted on January 08, 2017. The duration of exam will be of 210 minutes comprising Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability & General Awareness. The Result of the exam will be announced by the end of January, 2017. All the shortlisted candidates with marks above the cutoff mentioned by KJ Somaiya Institute will be called for GD PI Rounds at the Institute.
Check XAT 2016 Cut-off
KJ Somaiya Admission 2017 Exam Dates
The last date to submit the KJ Somaiya Registration Form is February 10, 2017. Candidates wishing to take admissions in the PGDM programs of KJ Somaiya Institute must keep these dates in Mind:
|Last Date of Submission of form||February 10. 2017|
|Shortlisting of Candidates for Stage 3||February 27. 2017|
|Commencement of GD and Pi for Stage 3||March 04, 2017|
|Declaration of Merit List||April 01, 2017|
KJ Somaiya Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
A Candidate seeking admission in PGDM program of KJ Somaiya Institute is advised to check CAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT and KJ Somaiya Eligibility Criteria before applying. It is essential for the candidates to check the Eligibility criteria set by the governing body before applying for KJ Somaiya Admission Process to be eligible for the examination. In case, Candidate fails to meet the Criteria, his/her application is liable to be rejected.
Here are the eligibility conditions to know the minimum academic qualification and marks for applying and appearing for KJ Somaiya Admission Process:
- The candidate must have a Graduation Degree (min 3-year duration) in any discipline from any recognized University (AICTE/AIU approved) with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Students appearing in the Final year of Graduation may also apply, but their admission will only be based on obtaining a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. Candidate will have to produce documentary evidence on or before July 31, 2017, of having passed the graduation exam.
Read More XAT Eligibility
KJ Somaiya Admission Procedure 2017
KJ Somaiya Admission Procedure is divided into 5 stages. These 5 stages are described in detail below:-
- The Candidate has to apply for any of the following management entrance tests viz. CAT 2016, CMAT 2017, XAT 2017 & GMAT and appear in it.
- Candidates can apply for more than one PGDM courses but with a separate form. Application Fee is Rs.2450 for Indian nationals and Rs.3500 for NRI and FN/PIO/CIWGC.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their Test score in the CAT 2016/CMAT 2017/XAT 2017/GMAT.
- CAT 2016/CMAT 2017/XAT 2017/GMAT scores will be normalized for comparison.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to fill Candidate Profile Form and Statement of Purpose(SOP) of admission.
- Shortlisted candidates will also have to choose their GD/PI centres. Centres will be available on the first come first serve basis.
- Candidates have to carry printouts off Candidate Profile Form and Statement of Purpose(SOP).
- GD will CASE based and Personal in-depth interview.
- GD/PI will be conducted in the following cities: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, New Delhi, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna and Thiruvananthapuram.
- Declaration of the consolidated Merit list of the shortlisted candidates.
- Merit Lists is declared for all PGDM programmes (IB/RM/FS/Comm)
- A separate Exclusive merit list will be declared for 18 seats (quota in PGDM) for Foreign national / PIO / Children of Indian workers in Gulf Countries.
- Candidates will also have to fill Programme preference online. Detailed instructions will be communicated later.
- Counselling will be conducted where the candidate will be offered the choice of the programme based on their programme preferences, Merit position and availability of the seats.
- Candidates will be called for counselling at different time slots depending on the rank in the Merit List.
- Merit list will be declared along with the Admissions Cut-off date.
Read More XAT How to Apply
KJ Somaiya Selection Process 2017
Apart from qualifying examination, KJ Somaiya also looks into other parameters for the selection to the PGDM, PGDM-IB, PGDM-RM, PGDM-FS and PGDM-Comm. programmes of the Institute. KJ Somaiya only gives 40% weightage to the qualifying examination (CAT 2016/CMAT 2016/XAT 2017/GMAT). The other parameters for Selection and their respective weightage are:
|Qualifying Exams (CMAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT)||40|
|Statement of Purpose||5|
|Personal Interaction||-- |
|Past Academic Record||10|
The selection process for International exchange and Dual Degree Programme in KJ Somaiya is given below:
- All students of PGDM programmes can avail these exchange programmes in their Second year.
- The Students are selected based on their Merit in the course and first-year marks.
- The students will have to apply to the University/B-School they wish to avail Exchange program in.
- Each of the University/B-School has their own selection parameters and Process.
- The students will be informed about the programme from time-to-time.
- The Fees for the exchange programme is to be paid by the students and it depends upon the University/B-School wherever the students get selected.
KJ Somaiya XAT Cutoff 2017
XAT Cut Off 2017 is the minimum marks that a candidate must score in order to qualify for the admissions to KJ Somaiya. To give a brief idea to the candidates, XAT Cutoff 2016 is given below in the table: -