JEE Main 2017 exam dates are officially released by JAB (joint Admission Board). The last date to apply for JEE Main 2017 is Jan. 02, 2017 while the fee can be deposited till Jan. 03, 2017. JEE Main 2017 online and offline examination will be conducted on April 02 and April 08-09, 2017 respectively. However, all the aspirants must possess a valid aadhaar number to apply for the exam. CBSE has also released an official clarification on requirement of aadhaar on November 22, 2017.
CBSE has also set up facilitation centers for engineering aspirants who do not possess aadhaar number. All the candidates must enter data such as AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender which must match with the database of UIDAI. Applicants from the state of J&K, Meghalaya and Assam are however exempted from the requirement of aadhaar.
There are 3 main scenarios now for JEE Main Applicants:
- Candidates possessing aadhaar card should fill the aadhaar number and other corresponding details.
- Candidates enrolled for aadhaar but without aadhaar card, can register with the help of 28 digit enrollment number.
- Candidates not enrolled for aadhaar can put a request for enrollment at CBSE facilitation centres and fill JEE Main Application Form with help of registration number provided by the same.
Important guidelines for Aadhaar Requirement
Candidates who are planning to apply for JEE Main should go through the detailed guidelines issued by CBSE for aadhaar requirement. Some of the important guidelines are mentioned below.
- Aadhaar Numbers will facilitate in verification of candidates’ details and also remove any requirement of producing multiple documents at the exam centre.
- All the applicants possessing a valid aadhaar number must enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth and gender at the time of filling online application.
- Candidates without aadhaar number need to enroll for one at any aadhaar enrollment centre.
- CBSE has also set up various facilitation centres for aadhaar enrollment. Candidates can get themselves enrolled for Aadhaar at these centres.
- Candidates who have enrolled for aadhaar and have not received the number yet, can apply for JEE Main 2017 with the help of Aadhaar enrollment ID.
- If the facility for aadhaar enrollment is not available at the facilitation centre, then the candidates are required to put a request for aadhaar enrollment. Such candidates would be issued a registration number to apply for JEE Main 2017.
- The provision of aadhaar is not applicable for candidates from the states of J&K, Assam and Meghalaya. These candidates would instead register with the passport number, ration number, bank account number, or any other valid Govt. identity number. They should select the exam centres in these states only.
Check JEE Main 2017 Aadhaar Facilitation Centers
JEE Main 2017 Official Notice for Aadhaar Requirement
Candidates applying for JEE Main 2017 can check out the official notice for aadhaar requirement below. The notice was published on all leading newspapers on Nov. 22, 2017. The registration process will start from Dec. 01, 2017 in online mode. Information bulletin will be released on the same date.