JEE MAIN is a national level entrance for admission to B. Tech/ B.E and B. Arch program at NITs/IIITs/CFTIs and State level institutions. JEE Main 2017 is a pen and paper based exam to be held on April 2, 2017 while computer based exam will be held on April 8 and 9, 2017.
In last few years, cases of impersonation and malpractices have surfaced before the JAB (Joint Apex Board). Keeping this in view, the Joint Apex Board has notified to use AADHAR based biometric attendance machines at JEE Main 2017 Exam Centers to mark the attendance of candidates.
JEE main 2017 registration process started on December 1, 2016 and it is open till January 2, 2017. This year all Indian nationals should have AADHAR number issued by UIDAI to apply for JEE Main. Candidates at the time of filling application form of JEE Main 2017 are required to enter their AADHAR number, name, date of birth and gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data.
In case these, particulars do not match, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form for JEE Main 2017. In an effort to put an end to the woes of the JEE Main 2017 candidates, UIDAI would be offering exclusive assistance by AADHAR card facilitation centers across the country.
However, the candidates from Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam have been exempted from this rule of producing AADHAR number while filling application form for JEE Main 2017. But the candidates from these three states would have to undergo an alternate method of marking attendance.
JEE Main 2017 OMR Sheet Evaluation
This year CBSE is going to introduce a new technology for the evaluation of OMR sheets and this new technology is called Digi scoring. This technique is expected to digitally capture responses marked on the OMR sheets in pen and paper using image based technology. Digi scoring is a cost effective, time saving and more accurate and transparent than previously used technology. This would even help to prepare results much before usual time frame.
Exam day instructions for JEE Main 2017
The important instructions that a candidate needs to follow on the day of examination is as follows: -
- Please check the Admit Card carefully for your Name, Paper, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Centre Name, City, State Code of Eligibility and Category. In case of any discrepancy, communicate to JEE Main Secretariat immediately for necessary action.
- The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidate subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- Candidates are advised to reach the venue at least 2½ hours before the examination so as to complete the frisking and registration formalities well before the time.
- The candidate must show, on demand, the Admit Card for admission in the examination room/hall.
- The candidates claiming the relaxation under PwD category must carry with them the copy PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
- No candidate, under any circumstances, will be allowed to enter the Examination Centre after the commencement of the examination.
- A seat indicating roll number will be allocated to each candidate. Candidate should find out and occupy their allotted seat only. Any candidate found to have changed room or the seat on his/her own other than allotted, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and no plea would be accepted for it.
- The candidate should ensure that the question paper available on the computer is as per his/her choice of medium. In case, the question paper is in medium other than his/her choice, the same may be brought to the notice of the Invigilator concerned.
- No Candidate will be allowed to carry any baggage inside the Examination Centre. JEE Apex Board will not be responsible for any belongings stolen or lost at the premises.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, Calculators, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches, printed or written material, mobile phone, pager or any other device, etc. If any candidate is in possession of any of the above items, his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current examination will be cancelled & he/she will also be debarred for future examination(s) & the equipment will be seized.
- Smoking and eating is strictly prohibited in the examination room.
- Tea, coffee, cold drinks or snacks are not allowed to be taken into the examination rooms during examination hours.
- Approach the Centre Superintendent/Invigilator in the room for any technical assistance, first aid emergency or any other information during the course of examination.
- No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre Superintendent or the Invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Room until the full duration of the paper. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as instructed by the Centre Superintendent/Invigilators.
- For any queries or issues regarding computer based examination, the candidates may contact on toll free Call Centre No. which will be available on JEE (Main) website later on.