IIIT (International Institute of Information Technology), Bhubaneswar has invited applications for admissions to various B. Tech courses in the Institute for the 2017 academic session. The last date for the submission of an online application for regular B.Tech program is June 10. The last date for receiving a hard copy of the application is June 17. The admission will be offered based on one's performance in the JEE Main 2017.
IIIT Bhubaneswar offers B. Tech in following Streams:
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering (ETC)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Information Technology (IT)
- B.Tech in Computer Engineering (CE)
Minimum academic criteria for admission includes at least 60 per cent aggregate of marks or 6.32 CGPA in Class 10 board examination, at least 60 per cent aggregate percentage of marks in Class 12 science stream with at least 45 per cent or more in physics, mathematics & chemistry (PCM).
IIIT Bhubaneshwar Admission Process
Admission to regular B.Tech. programs will be purely based on the merit list generated from JEE Main ranks published by JEE 2017. The admission process consists of the following stages:
(a) online application,
(b) document verification,
(c) round-wise online provisional seat allotment,
(d) seat acceptance and
(e) reporting at the institute for final admission.
IIIT Bhubaneshwar Seats & Reservation
The Institute reserves 50% of the seats for Odisha State Category (“S”) students. The rest seats are open to all which is termed as Open to All (“OTA”) category. A state category candidate is also eligible for OTA category by default.
The reservation applicable for different sub categories under “S” category like: Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Challenged, Green Card, Ex- serviceman etc. will be as per Govt. of Odisha norms. Apart from these reservations, 5 % extra of the sanctioned strength in each branch will be reserved for candidates belonging to tuition fee waiver scheme under “S” category.
IIIT Bhubaneshwar Application Procedure
Visit the website www.iiit-bh.ac.in to apply on line for the B.Tech. Programs. Please note that only on-line application is accepted. The payment details (both in soft copy and hard copy form) has to be kept ready at the time of filling the online application form, since the details of the payment transaction has to be entered in the application form.
- Valid email ID is mandatory for online application.
- Click on the link given in the website for admission.
- Enter your name and e-mail id, so that a message containing a passcode will be generated and displayed to you.
- You can login using the email id and the passcode.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of INR 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) through online transaction.
- Carefully fill in all the relevant fields of the blank application form which include the payment details.
- Save the form by clicking the button "Submit".
- You can edit the data in the application form.
- When you are certain that all the data has been accurately provided, Commit the application form. Please note that, the application form cannot be modified once the “Commit” button is pressed.
- Print your application by clicking on the print button.
- Important information shall be communicated through the Website, Admission Notice board, and email. Visit our Website, log into the admission app and check your email regularly to view important announcements regarding the admission process.
- Odisha State Category (“S”) and “OL” category candidates need not send any document by post as they shall be called for document verification before the provisional round-wise allotments would take place.
- Odisha non-domicile candidates are required to send the following by speed post so as to reach IIIT Bhubaneswar latest by 4th June 2017.
- Printed application form (submitted on line) duly signed by the candidate
- A recent color passport size photograph (same as that of used during JEE Main 2017 application), pasted on the application form.
- Print out of the transaction slip of the application fee.
- Photocopy of the JEE Main 2017 Admit card.
- Print out of the JEE Main 2017 Rank card.
IIIT Bhubaneshwar Document Verification and Seat allotment
- Allotment of seats will be done based upon the preferences of choices of branches exercised by candidates.
- Provisional admissions will be offered in order of merit list generated in different categories to candidates.
- For Odisha state category and OL category candidates, physical presence by the candidate will be necessary during the document verification stage.
- For Open to all (OTA) category candidates, the document verification will be done on the date of reporting at the institute for the final admission.
- A state category candidate may belong to different sub-categories and also eligible for OTA category. Thus, a state category candidate will be allotted a seat considering the best possible availability among different categories.
IIIT Bhubaneshwar Seat Acceptance
After each round of provisional seat allotment, the candidates, who are provisionally allotted a seat for the first time, are required to deposit a refundable admission confirmation fee of INR 50,000/- (within a specified date) which will be adjusted along with the 1st semester dues.
- The soft copy of the payment proof need to be sent to the following email id along with candidate’s full name, application id, JEE Main 2017 roll number and seat acceptance status (as freeze or upgrade): email@example.com
- Non-payment of admission confirmation fee shall result in cancelation of candidature from the admission process.
- Depending on the vacancy created due to nonconformance of admission, branch upgrading shall be applied for all the confirmed candidates with upgrade status.
- A candidate can opt for not to upgrade their present seat allotted to them by stating “freeze” in the seat acceptance status while sending the soft copy of the payment proof to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once a candidate opts for “freeze” option they will not be considered for further branch upgrading in the coming provisional seat allotment rounds.
Document Required at the time of Verification for IIIT Bhubaneshwar
- Printed application form duly signed by the candidate.
- Original as well as copy of 10th mark sheet and pass certificate.
- Original as well as copy of 12th mark sheet and pass certificate subject to publication of result.
- Original as well as copy of JEE Main 2017 Score card.
- Original as well as copy of JEE Main 2017 Admit Card.
- Nativity certificate
- Appendix-VI (Original)
- Income certificate for TFW candidates as per Appendix-III (Original)
- SC/ST certificate for SC/ST candidates as per Appendix-II (Original)
- Appendix-IV (Original) for OL category candidates
- Original as well as Copy of Green card of their parents issued by Family Welfare Department, Government of Odisha/any other appropriate authority for GC category candidates
- Appendix-V (Original) for ES category candidate.
- Certificate of Disability issued by Competent Authority of Govt. of Odisha not below the Rank of CDMO for PC category candidate.
- College leaving certificate (Original)
- Appendix-VII (Original)
IIIT Bhubaneshwar Branch-Wise Cut Off
The offer was made to the candidates in various rounds as per the details given below:
|Branch||OTA||S (UR)||S (URW)|
| -||Maximum Score||Minimum Score||Maximum Score||Minimum Score||Maximum Score||Minimum Score|
Check JEE Main Cut off