WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) is conducted every year to provide admission to UG engineering and technology courses in institutes under West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). Candidates aspiring to pursue and qualify WBJEE must start their WBJEE Preparation with a proper strategy. Candidates should have clarity of concepts of all that they studied in 10+2.
Candidates should cover the entire syllabus and consult the best WBJEE preparation books. Candidate can download the reference books or buy them offline, to start the WBJEE 2017 preparation. The questions asked in the WBJEE are strictly as per the syllabus of WBJEE, which in turn is based on the subjects studied at 10+2 level.
Aspirants who have studied mathematics in the 12th class are only eligible for the WBJEE 2017. In order to crack the WBJEE exam and rank amongst the toppers, a candidate must give his/ her best. Apart from the normal preparation, an aspirant is also required to go through the previous year’s WBJEE Question Papers and solve them. Solving of previous years Question paper only to helps the candidate in knowing his/ her weak areas, but also gives a fair idea about the pattern and the level of the examination.
WBJEE 2017 Preparation Strategies
A number of aspirants apply for WBJEE every year but only the lucky ones qualify the same. There are three subjects and two papers included in the WBJEE 2017. The two papers and their corresponding subjects are given below:
- Paper 1-Mathematics
- Paper 2-Physics and Chemistry
WBJEE Question Paper is based on the syllabus studied at 10+2 level. For an effective WBJEE preparation, candidates are advised to consider the following expert preparation tips:
- Time management and proper scheduling: The most important thing in the preparation of WBJEE is setting up of a proper schedule. This gives a fair idea of what to study and the time required for the same. Candidates should devote a study of 6 to 8 hours per day. Experts suggest one must take a break of minimum 15 to maximum 20 minutes in every 2 or 3 hours. This helps work in proper concentration.
- Solve the previous years’ WBJEE Question papers: Candidates are suggested to go through the previous years’ WBJEE question exams. Solving such papers help the candidate know his/ her weak areas, give a clear idea about the pattern of the examination and all important topics and concepts that are asked in the WBJEE 2017.
- Seek Expert Guidance/ Join a good Coaching Institute: Most of the candidates take some coaching for the preparation of WBJEE. Candidates should approach a good and reliable coaching centre for engineering entrance examination. The institute must be equipped with qualified and experienced faculty members.
- Make notes: Making notes is suggested by most of the exam experts and WBJEE toppers. These notes not only help in sorting out the important concepts and formulae, but also increase the concentration and clarity while studying. Besides all this, notes are quite beneficial for quick and crisp revision before the test. At the 11th hour, it’s cumbersome and inconvenient to revise the vast syllabus from WBJEE books.
- Clear the basic concepts: Clarity of concepts are the key to crack WBJEE. Candidates should never rely on any shortcuts. In case any concept is not clear, candidate should consult different sources till it is clear.
- Consult the recommended WBJEE study material: Candidates can consult NCERT text books to build up their basic concepts. NCERT books can be chosen as the primary book for studying. For the topics which are not understood from this book, should be looked for in other WBJEE reference books.
- Self-study: Self-study is the key for a good result. Even if a candidate joins a coaching centre to speed up WBJEE preparation, he/ she should only take guidance and not follow them blindly.
- Appear in the mock tests: Several online /offline mock drills/ test series are available in which the candidate can appear. These mock drills help the candidate know about his/her preparation status. Solving these mock test series ensure time-management in the exam and help boost confidence.
WBJEE Preparation Tips
Following are some of the basic preparation strategies that must be kept in mind while preparing for WBJEE:
- Do not overburden yourself and take undue stress un-necessarily during preparation time
- Do not study any extra subjects
- Follow the study schedule in a proper manner
- Revise the important formulae needed for WBJEE questions frequently
- Do not take your health for granted. Eat properly and relax everyday for some time.