AMU BA LLB course draws students from all over the country every year. AMU BA LLB 2018 is the law entrance exam conducted for admission in the 5 years integrated law course in the session 2018-19.
- AMU BA LLB 2018 application form will be available on the official university website.
- Students can apply for AMU BA LLB 2018 in online as well as offline mode.
- Candidates have to fill some necessary details in the application form such as Name, Address, Educational qualifications etc.
- They also have to upload scanned photo and their signature while filling the form.
- Along with this, there is an application fee of INR 500 to be paid for the application.
- AMU BA LLB application form submission starts in the month of January and closes in February.
- The exam is usually held in May.
- Candidates must check AMU BA LLB eligibility criteria before registering for the entrance test.
A brief look at the exam:
|Name of the Examination||AMU Law Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Aligarh Muslim University|
|Mode of application||Online and offline|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper based|
AMU BA LLB 2018 Important dates
Candidates can check the AMU BA LLB exam dates related to Registration Process. These dates are tentative and are subjected to change.
|Name of Event||Date|
|Application form start date||January 2018|
|Last date of application submission||February 2018|
|Release of Admit Card||April 2018|
|Date of Examination||May 2018|
AMU BA LLB 2018 Eligibility
AMU sets the eligibility criteria for the AMU BA LLB entrance test. Applicants need to go through the complete eligibility pattern before filling up the application form. After going through the set criteria for AMU BA LLB 2018, one can go ahead with the application form and other formalities.
The eligibility conditions are mentioned below:
- One who has passed Senior Secondary School or 10+2 from a recognized state/national board or university can apply for the examination.
- Candidate must have secured 50% aggregate marks in the 12th standard examinations.
- Students who have completed the Bridge Course from AMU with 50% marks or more are also eligible to apply for AMU BA LLB exam.
- Along with the above-mentioned criteria, the maximum age allowed for the applicant is 22 years at the time of admission.
How to apply for AMU BA LLB 2018?
One can apply in both online and offline mode for AMU BA LLB 2018. Both the procedures are different.
The step by step instructions for online mode are given below:
- First, go to the official website of AMU and click on the ‘Admissions and Exams’.
First-time Registration steps:
- Click on the ‘Application form for AMU BA LLB’ link.
- Candidates are needed to provide a valid Email address and phone number.
- One has to fill a few other personal details like UID, Parents’ name etc to create a profile.
- The profile can be used to apply for any course of his/her choice.
- A User ID and Password for AMU BA LLB 2018 are sent on the registered Email.
Applying for AMU BA LLB:
- Log in with your ID and password.
- Choose ‘BA LLB’ from the drop down courses menu.
- Fill the application form carefully with your personal details such as academic qualification, exam centre choice, test appearing date, and other details.
- Mention your Nationality and State of Eligibility.
Uploading the essential documents:
- Upload your recent passport size photograph, thumb impression and, signature.
- Be aware that you have to upload your left hand thumb impression image in the application form.
- All the images should be only in .JPG format, other image formats like PNG, BITMAP etc are not allowed.
AMU BA LLB application fee payment:
- Candidate has to pay a sum of INR 500 as the application form fee.
- One can pay the fee using Credit card, Debit Card or Net banking.
- A receipt is generated after successful payment of the fee. Be sure to save it on your system.
- After completely filling the AMU BA LLB application form, save it and take a print out.
- Check all the details on the printed application form. Keep a copy for future reference.
- Send the application form to this address along with the necessary documents (mentioned later):
Office of the Controller of Examinations
AMU, Aligarh 202002”
The guide for filling offline application:
- If the candidate opts for offline mode, he/she have to draw a Demand Draft from any nationalised bank in the name of ‘Finance Officer, AMU, Aligarh’ payable at Aligarh.
- Download the AMU BA LLB 2018 application from the website and take a print out.
- Fill all the necessary details like Name, Father’s name, Address etc. in the form.
- Paste your recent passport size photograph on the form. Do not staple the photo.
- The photo size should be around 2.5 cm X 3 cm.
- Put your left thumb impression and signature on the form.
- Along with the required documents, send the correctly filled application form and the Demand Draft to this address:
Office of the Controller of Examinations
AMU, Aligarh 202002”
Documents needed to be enclosed with the duly filled AMU BA LLB form-
- Self-attested photocopy of Class 10th mark sheet or equivalent document as a proof of Candidate’s date of birth.
- Self-attested photocopy of Class 12th mark sheet or equivalent certificate.
- Documents in support of Professional Experience, if any.
- Self-attested copies of other applicable certificates to claim internal status/special category (PwD, Caste etc).
Some important things to keep in mind while applying for AMU BA LLB exam:
- A Single Registration is sufficient for applying to the multiple courses by a candidate.
- There is a ‘Forgot Password’ link in case if the user forgets or loses his password. The password will be sent to his/her registered Email ID.
- Fill the profile carefully as no modification or updating is allowed once you save it. Review before submitting.
- The scanned photo, thumb impression and signature should be in JPEG/JPG format only.
- The file size should less than 40 KB.
- The uploaded passport size photo should be in colour with a white background.
- Upload your front facing good quality colour photo taken not earlier than three months.
Do not mutilate or damage the hard copy of the app
What will be asked in the AMU BA LLB application form 2018?
The following details are asked while creating the profile:
| Details required for Registration|
|Name of Candidate||Email ID||Alternate Email ID|
|Phone Number||Aadhar or UID||Father’s Name|
After making the profile, Username and Password are mailed to the registered Email ID. Log in with the credentials and fill the form.
The following details should be filled:
| Details in Application form|
|Name of Candidate||Fill your full name|
|Course you are applying for||Choose the a course from the drop down menu|
|Upload Documents||Upload scanned copies of Photo, Signature and thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format. Size <40 KB|
|Category||Mention your special category (if any)|
|Date of Birth||Provide your birth date as per 10th Marksheet|
|Gender||Choose a gender|
|Nationality||Indian or other|
|State of Eligibility||State from which the candidate has passed 12th or equivalent exam|
|Academic details||Fill in your 10th and 12th qualification details|
|Internal/External Status||Only students studied in the university earlier are Internal|
|Enrollment Number||Only for those who are already enrolled in the university|
|Correspondence Address||Fill your present address for communication purpose|
|Contact Information||Fill your Email, Mobile and other basic contact info|
Application Form Correction:
For online Applicants:
- Online applicants can edit the details as long as they have not paid the fees.
- If they have paid the fees and there is any error in the filled details, a fresh form is to be filled.
- Candidate has to pay the fee again as correction in the submitted soft copy is not possible under any circumstances.
- Fee paid previously cannot be refunded.
For offline Applicants:
- Offline applicants who have not posted the form can fill another form using the same DD number and send it to the office.
- Candidates who posted the incorrect form can fill another form with correct details, provide the details of the DD sent earlier and post it. The new form will be accepted.
Retrieving ID and Password:
Candidates are provided an username and password for their profile on the university’s website. They can apply for any course with the created profile.
In case the candidate loses the Password, here are the steps to get it back:
- Click on the “Forgot Password” link on the main log in page.
- Either enter your registered Email or your username.
- The Password will be sent to your registered Email.
Frequently Asked Questions about AMU BA LLB application form:
- I have lost my password? Should I register again?
Ans. No, if you lost your password, click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link on the Log in page. You will receive your Password on your registered Email ID.
- I mistyped my phone number while registering. Help.
Ans. At the time of registration, Email ID and Mobile number should be filled carefully. They can’t be changed; you have to register again with new Email and Phone number.
- I renamed the photo to .JPG, it still shows error. What should I do?
Ans. Renaming the extension name doesn’t work. Change the picture’s format using the appropriate software (e.g. Paint).
- Can I pay the application fee by Cheque?
Ans. No, you cannot pay using a cheque. For offline mode, you have to pay using a Demand Draft or you can pay using net banking/credit card for online mode.