NMAT Registration are only complete when all the details provided are authentic and meet the standards set by the conducting authority. Often, candidates tend to make errors when it comes to uploading of their photograph in NMAT Application Form because they do not adhere to the specified size, dimensions or format. With influx of a number of queries emailed to us, we thought of apprising you with all the important details of the same.
- NMAT Registration can be done between July 4- October 3, 2017.
- The Application Form for NMAT will only be available online at nmat.org.in.
- Candidates registering for NMAT should note that they would be requiring to upload a scanned copy of signature and photograph.
- Your online application will not be registered unless you upload your photo and signature as specified.
- On uploading your photo and signature, as specified, your online application will be registered.
- It must be kept in mind that file size of the photograph cannot exceed 1 Mb.
- Also ensure that the photograph is in one of the three prescribed formats, namely, JPG or PNG.
All candidates who register successfully will appear for NMAT between October- December 2017. It will be conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
NMAT 2017 Photo Specifications
Before uploading the photograph at the time of NMAT Registrations, candidates must make sure that the scanned image of their photograph meets all the necessary requirements. Applications that do not contain the photograph as per the standards may be liable for rejection.
Candidates must make note of the following specifications.
- NMAT 2017 Photo Dimensions: 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
- NMAT 2017 Photo Size: cannot exceed 1 Mb.
- NMAT 2017 Photo Format: JPG/ PNG
Do's and Don’ts for NMAT 2017 Photograph
Applicants must be aware of the entire Do’s and Don’ts related to NMAT photograph. This will enable a smooth completion of NMAT application process.
- The photograph must be recent. It must be made sure that the photograph that is being prepared for upload isn’t more than 6 months old.
- The background of the photograph must only be a light color, preferably white.
- Eyes of candidates must be facing forward and must be open. Eyes must be clearly visible with no hindrance.
- Shoulders of candidate must also be visible in the photograph.
- Face must be facing straight and must not be in any other direction. Candidates must be looking straight into the camera. All distinct features such as eyes, nose and hair must be clearly visible.
Check NMAT Eligibility
- It must be noted that pictures with a landscape background and pictures that have been rotated are not to be uploaded as they will be rejected.
- Eyes of candidates cannot be closed. Also, candidates must avoid looking elsewhere other than straight towards the camera.
- Self taken photographs or/and other such photographs taken with a low quality gadget must be avoided.
- Candidates must steer clear of using Facebook pictures or pictures from any such social media as they do not meet the requirements set.
- Dark background must be avoided at all costs.
- There must no shadow falling on the face of candidates.
- Photographs in which any one of the distinctive features are unclear will be rejected.
- It is upon the candidates to ensure that the photograph that is uploaded will aid the staff of NMAT conducting authority to sufficiently recognize and verify that particular individual’s identity.
NMAT 2017 Signature Specifications
Similar to the photograph upload, there are certain technical details and information which are required to kept in mind while uploading signatures. These details are mentioned below for your reference.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- If the Applicant's signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination, does not match the signature on the Attendance Sheet, the applicant will be disqualified.
- NMAT 2017 Signature Dimension: 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- NMAT 2017 Signature Size: 10kb – 20kb
- NMAT 2017 Signature Format: JPG
How to Upload Photograph and Signature for NMAT 2017?
Candidates can upload their scanned photograph and signature with the help of below steps:
- Visit the official website of NMAT 2017 i.e. nmat.org.in.
- Login through your Registration Number and password.
- The candidate’s portal will appear with a detailed application form.
- Fill in the detailed form and then move for photo and signature upload.
- There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature.
- Click on the respective link "Upload Photograph / Signature".
- Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo / Signature file has been saved.
- Select the file by clicking on it.
- Click the 'Upload' button.
Instructions for Scanning Photograph & Signature
Candidates should note down certain technical directions mentioned below for scanning their photographs and signature properly.
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using 'Save As' option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 20KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option [Please see points mentioned above for the pixel size] in the 'Image' menu. Similar options are available in other photo editors also.
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed. While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature.