MAT 2017 NEWS
NATIONAL LEVEL ONLINE/OFFLINE TEST
MAT (Management Aptitude Test) 2017 will begin in few hours, all the candidates should start studying smartly instead of reading any new topic. It’s high time to buck up with the preparation.
AIMA (All India Management Association) will be conducting the Exam tomorrow, February 5, 2017 at various centres across the nation.
The competition will be very high as around 10 lakhs candidates are going to appear for the exam. Hence, we are providing you the MAT Exam Last Minute Preparation Tips 2017, for the help & ease of aspiring candidates.
This is a standardized Exam and is being administered since 1988 to facilitate Business Schools (B-Schools) to screen candidates for admissions into MBA and allied programmes.
Know About MAT 2017
The exam will consist of 200 objective type questions based on Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning and Indian and Global Environment.
As, competition is tough, so it is very important to keep your preparation well enough or up to the required level. Though, Cracking MAT is not a tough task, if the preparation is done right. Here we have complied a list of last minute preparation tips, carefully crafted, to help you get the perfect rank and score in MAT 2017.
1. Nothing new for now: This is not really the time to start anything new and the candidates must start concentrating on the topics covered. Revising the covered topics will help the candidates to strengthen these topics while new topics will consume much time.
2. Know what you know: Just focus on stronger sections. Be confident but not over-confident.
3. Try Smart work: For the late bloomers who think all is lost, maybe it isn’t. Just go for the important topics and solve as many questions as you can. On analyzing the mock tests, the candidates will realize where they went wrong.
4. Systematic Approach in the exam: While solving the mock tests and sample papers, the candidates will be familiar with their strong and weak areas. Now during the test, the candidates would know what to avoid and what to attempt first in the in the test. With this method, the candidate will be able to give more time on their weak areas and avoid making mistakes.
5. Accuracy & Attempt: We all know that there is negative marking, for every wrong answer the candidates will lose 1/4th of the marks. So, you need to focus more on accuracy rather than attempting.
6. Make use of Techniques: Quant section may include lengthy calculations. So, to accentuate your speed and save time, practice a lot of shortcut techniques and use them while solving questions. Try to memorize formulas, tables, squares & cubes to escalate your promptness to solve. At the last moment, this is the best technique to follow for preparation.
7. Be Healthy: Make out some time for physical activities too to fresh your mind and stress-free. Drink plenty of water and eat healthily and stay healthy.
There will be 5 sections viz. language comprehension, mathematical skills, data analysis and sufficiency, intelligence and critical reasoning and Indian and Global Environment.
Total number of questions in this section will be 40. This section of reading comprehension is aimed at judging the comprehending and reading skills of the candidates.
To understand the passage, a regular reading practice is required to crack the same. The time suggested to be taken to solve this part is 30 minutes.
This section will consist of 40 questions of 1 mark each. It will test the logical and critical reasoning of all the candidates. It includes topics like Data Arrangement, Blood Relations, Series and Sequences and Critical Reasoning, Direction Sense, Input/output analysis, Coding and Decoding.
This section forces the candidate to exert their mental capabilities to the maximum and that is the challenging part. The time suggested to be taken to complete this section is 30 minute.
This section targets to test the data interpretation skills of the candidates in regards to diagrams, reports and other such factual data. This section contains 40 questions of 1 mark each. Questions in this section are based on Direction Sense, input/output analysis, Coding and Decoding, Data Arrangement, Blood Relations.
The questions here would again be calculation intensive. The time suggested to be taken to complete this section is 35 minutes.
Candidates will be required to quickly answer the questions which would be based on business Mathematics, Arithmetic, and Geometry. There will be 40 questions to be solved within 40 minutes each carrying 1 mark.
It is important that the candidates thoroughly know their basic formulae and other concepts.
This section will basically focus upon the current affairs of India and the world. The most effective way to get through this section is to be aware of the happenings of India and the World.
Like the other sections, this section will consist of 40 questions, but need to be solved within 15 minutes. This section requires speed in attempting the questions with accuracy.
This will definitely boost scores in MAT 2017 Exam.
Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do. Just be confident & stand strong with focus and calmness
All the Best!!!
MAT May 2017 online mode exam was held on May 13, ...
MAT 2017 was held on May 7, 2017 for the second ti ...
MAT 2017 May session admit card is available now o ...