Common Admission Test (CAT) is an All India Level Management exam conducted by one of the IIMS. CAT is one of the most popular management entrance exams amongst the candidates seeking admission in management programmes offered by IIMS and other Top Management Colleges in India. Almost, all CAT aspirants target Indian Institute of Management (IIMs).
Getting into IIMs is considered as one of the toughest job for the students. With the increasing number of CAT aspirants’ year by year, the competition is only going to get tough. However, there are other top CAT accepting colleges apart from IIMs which provide good quality education.
Hence, collegedunia is providing with the list of top 10 management colleges accepting CAT score (non-IIMs).
Faculty of Management Studies (FMS Delhi)
FMS, Delhi is listed at the top when it comes to top cat accepting other than IIMS and in terms of ROI (Return on Investment).
- Admission Process- Admission to MBA Program is based on the basis of CAT. Shortlisting criteria for students is much like of IIMs now. From now candidates need high sectional scores in order to get shortlisted for PI rounds at FMS Delhi.
- Cut Off- Candidates have to score a percentile around 99 to be eligible for the admission in the institute
- Placements- Placement records of FMS is excellent. In 2016, the average package was around 21 LPA, the highest international package was 1.02 crore per annum and the highest domestic package was 66 LPA.
- Fees- FMS Delhi is a high ROI institute with an annual fee of around 10K per year for MBA program
Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
Established in 1993, Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi also known as DMS admits candidates for MBA program on the basis of CAT.
- Admission Process- Candidates applying to IIT Delhi MBA programmes have to qualify CAT 2017 and then they will be shortlisted and then invited for a group discussion and interview, which will be held at IIT Delhi
- Cut Off- Getting a percentile above 98 will give you a high chance to get you through to the next admission process
- Placements- In 2017, the highest domestic salary offered to the candidates was 27.07 LPA and the average salary was 16.21 LPA
- Fees- The tuition fees for Indian Citizen is INR 8 Lacs for the entire MBA full time program
Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, SOM, IIT Bombay
The institute is popularly known as SJMSOM, IIT Bombay or SOM was established in 1995. SJMSOM conducts education and research in leadership, economics, marketing, entrepreneurship, organizational behavior, technology management, operations, strategy and other areas. Below are the key stats about the institute
- Admission Process- Admission to the management program in the institute is carried out in two phases. Firstly, they have to clear CAT 2017 securing minimum section-wise and aggregate percentile in CAT. After that they will be shortlisted for Personal Interview and GD process.
- Cut Off- If a candidate can score a percentile above 98.5 than there is a high chance for getting a call form IIT Bombay for management program.
- Placements- In previous placement session the maximum domestic package was 29.9 LPA and the average package offered was 17.63 LPA.
Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras
DMS, IIT Madras, also known as DoMS, IIT Madras is a business school under the Indian Institute of Technology Madras in Chennai, India.
- Admission Process- Candidate should have a valid score in Common Admission Test (CAT) and should fulfil the eligibility criteria for IIT Madras MBA Program.
- Cut Off- According to the officials CAT cut off for DMS IIT Madras is 98.2 Percentile and if a candidate can get around this than he chances are high to get a call for PI (Personal Interview) and GD (Group Discussion)
- Placements- According to the placement report of DMS IIT Madras for academic year 2017, the highest package was 22.15 LPA and the average package was 12 LPA.
Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
MDI Gurgaon is one of the top business schools of India. MDI Gurgaon was established in 1973 and has its own campus of around 37 acres in Gurugram.
- Admission Process- Candidates who have appeared for the CAT (2016) will be short listed on the basis of the details filled in the application form and their CAT scores. Only the shortlisted candidates will then be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interviews
- Cut Off- Candidates with a percentile above 96 will have high chance to get admission in the institute
- Placements- As per the placement reports of MDI Gurgaon, the highest CTC offered to a candidate was 28.74 LPA in PGPM program and average CTC for the same program was 19.25 LPA
SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
SPJIMR, Mumbai is a constituent business school of Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan. The institute has an intake of over 700 students under various programs.
- Admission Process- Candidates will be admitted on the basis of CAT 2017. Candidates who will clear the cut off will be eligible for PI and GD.
- Cut off- Percentile of 85+ in CAT is required to be eligible for the admissions.
- Placements- As per the placement reports of SPJIMR, the average CTC offered to the candidates 20.9 LPA in the latest placement session.
Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswer (XIMB)
XIMB is a business school located in the Odhisha was established in 1987. The institute offers MBA in different streams
- Admission Process- The selection is made based on the scores in exams XAT/CAT/GMAT and it includes Written Ability Test and Personal Interview (which factors in the past academic record and relevant work experience).
- Cut Off- For CAT aspirants it is good to score a percentile around 94 and for XAT candidates the cut off for the same course is around 95%.
- Placements- The highest domestic salary offered to the candidates was 20 LPA and the average CTC offered was 12.44 LPA.
Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
It is also known as IMT Ghaziabad and was established in 1980. IMT is fully autonomous university which offers several post graduate, doctorate and executive program in management
- Admission Process- Admission to India’s one of the best Management schools is made on the basis of CAT/XAT scores. Candidates clearing the cut off will be called for the further interview and Group Discussion
- Cut Off- IMT cut off for XAT is around 90 Percentile and for CAT is around 93 Percentile.
- Placements- In 2017 placement session the highest domestic offer to candidate was 25 LPA and the average CTC was 11.26 LPA
National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), formerly National Institute for Training in Industrial Engineering, is an institute located in Powai near Vihar Lake in Mumbai, India. Below are the some key points to know about the institute.
- Admission Process- The institute announces admission on the basis of CAT. Candidates should have cleared the cut off for CAT conducted by one of the IIMs.
- Cut Off- According the reports collected by collegedunia the CAT cut off for the institute is around 97 percentile
- Placements- According to the placement reports of 2016, the highest CTC offered was INR 37 LPA and the average CTC was 15.82 LPA
T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal
T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) is a private autonomous business school in India. It was established in 1980 and is located in the university town of Manipal in Karnataka. It is the second B-School in India to get global accreditation to the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) after Indian School of Business.
- Admission Process- TAPMI adopts a two-stage process for admitting candidates to its PGDM Program. Valid CAT/XAT/GMAT scores are mandatory prerequisites to qualify for the admission process consisting of WAT / Personal Interviews
- Cut Off- For CAT- above 87 percentile and for XAT- above 86 percentile would do for candidates
- Placements- As per the placement reports of 2017, the highest CTC offered was 19.4 LPA and the average CTC was 10.22 LPA
Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai
Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, was founded by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) in 1979. It is situated on the Loyola College, Chennai, campus and run by the Loyola College Society.
- Admission Process- Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of their CAT/XAT scores. The short-listed candidates will be called for group discussion and interview for final selection at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai.
- Cut Off- For CAT the cut off is above 85 percentile and for XAT its 90 percentile
- Placements- Highest Salary Package- 21 LPA, Average Package- 9LPA.