Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) annually organizes Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Exam(JCECE). This is a state level exam which will be conducted in the first week of June 2017 in offline mode. The exam is conducted for admission to various undergraduate courses in medical and agriculture streams. JCECE 2017 Registration will begin from April 2017.
- Candidates completing their class 12th Exam are eligible to apply for the Exam.
- JCECE Syllabus is based on the XI and XII Class CBSE Physics syllabus. It has four sections, viz Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Candidates have to appear in their subject group (PCM, PCB, PCMB).
- A total of 150 questions will be asked and 1 mark will be awarded for every correct response, whereas ¼ mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Candidates need to revise all the Physics chapters studied in class XI and XII to be well prepared for the exam. Solving previous year’s questions and taking mock tests will enhance candidate’s ability to solve questions easily and quickly.
JCECE 2017 Physics Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Candidates appearing for JCECE 2017 should look at the exam pattern given below to be able to understand it better:
- It is an offline mode exam conducted in 2 shifts: Shift I- Physics and Chemistry and Shift II- Mathematics
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours. The question paper is in English and Hindi
- There are 150 objective type questions from Class XII CBSE Syllabus.
- Every correct answer carries 1 mark while ¼ mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
- The exam will be conducted at the mentioned location on the JCECE Admit Card.
Students must go through the syllabus and make note of all the important topics. JCECE 2017 Syllabus is corresponding to the CBSE syllabus prescribed for Class XI XII. The detailed syllabus for JCECE Physics Exam is mentioned in the table below:
|General Properties of Matter||Laws of Motion||Optics|
|Measurement and Kinematics||Oscillations||Atomic Physics|
|Wave motion||Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism||Current Electricity|
JCECE 2017 Physics Preparation Tips
While preparing for Physics, the candidates are in a dilemma about how to prepare for the exam. Candidates get three months after board exam and this time should be utilized well. Some beneficial preparation tips are as follows:
- Important Topics: The candidates should focus on all the important chapters. The topics with higher weightage should be prepared well. For instance, Kinetics is more important than Rotational Physics.
- NCERT Textbooks: Revise Physics NCERT textbooks and solve all the theoretical as well as numerical questions. The sample questions, as well as objective questions, should be revised well.
- Make notes: Make note of all the important points, concepts, formulas and their basic applications. Decide the JCECE 2017 syllabus topics to be covered first and divide it according to the everyday schedule. Cover the entire syllabus set for the day first in a stipulated time. After that set the time for the revision and go for practice tests.
- Previous Year’s Question papers: Solve JCECE Previous year’s paper along with objective questions from JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
- Strengths and Weaknesses: Prepare according to your strengths and weaknesses. The nature of preparation should be such that the candidates are able to solve easy questions from every chapter and difficult from the preferred ones. For difficult chapter NCERT theory, formulas and basic numerical should be revised. Easy chapters should be done completely.
- Do not leave any chapter: Candidates often leave rotational dynamics in Physics but they should not leave any chapter. The candidates should be able to solve basic questions from all the chapters irrespective of their difficulty level.
- Study Hours: Study for at least 8-9 hours daily and revise each and every chapter. Make notes in a separate notebook for last moment revision of formulas, concepts, and standard problems.
- Regular Mock tests: Taking regular Test is the most important part of JCECE Preparation. Practice mock tests online. Solve a variety of questions and mock papers before going for the actual exam. Candidates should solve mock tests in a time bound environment. They can also attempt the topic wise test, once the topics are complete go for the test. Evaluation of the test for self-improvement.
- Negative Marking: JCECE Exam has negative marking and ¼ marks will be deducted for wrong answers. Try to avoid making any ambiguous or uncertain answers for questions. Candidates should avoid questions they are unsure of and do not attempt questions by guess work.
JCECE 2017 Physics Preparation Books
Physics is one subject that needs clarity and practice to do well in the exam. A good book will help the candidates develop a better understanding of concepts. Some essential books for good JCECE 2017 preparation are mentioned as follows.
|NCERT Physics for Class 11th and 12th||NCERT|
|Understanding Physics Series||D.C.Pandey|
|Modules by Aakash Institute||Aakash Institute|
|Concepts of Physics (Vol. I and II)||H.C. Verma|
|Problems in General Physics||I. E. Irodov|
|Advanced Level Physics||Michael Nelkon and Philip Parker|
JCECE 2017 Previous Years' Question Papers
It is important to prepare with JCECE previous years’ practice papers in order to score well. You can also download the sample papers in pdf format.