NEET 2017 Admit Card
NEET 2017 Admit Card will be released on April 15, 2017. NEET Admit Card can be downloaded online from the official website by providing the registration number and date of birth. The admit card will not be sent via post to any candidate. A candidate must keep their admit card safe since it will be required during the different stages of the admission process.
The NEET 2017 Admit Card contains the personal information of the candidate, roll number, information of the allotted NEET 2017 Exam Center and Medium of Question paper chosen by the candidate. The candidates have to bring a passport-sized photograph and a postcard sized photo pasted on the proforma along with the NEET 2017 Admit Card on the exam day.
NEET 2017 is scheduled in online mode on May 07, 2017. It will be conducted for admission to MBBS and BDS courses offered in both central and state-level medical and dental colleges. The exam is conducted by CBSE and has replaced a number of medical entrance exams held nationally or on state-level.
How to Download NEET 2017 Admit Card
NEET 2017 admit card can be downloaded from NEET official website. After downloading the admit card, the candidate will receive an e-mail on the registered email ID providing the NEET Admit Card in pdf format. The step-wise instruction to download NEET 2017 hall ticket is given below:
- Open the NEET Official website.
- Once there, navigate to the admit card link.
- Enter the registration number and date of birth
- After successful login, the NEET 2017 admit card will appear on the screen.
- Download NEET Admit Card and print multiple copies of the same to avoid any discrepancy at the NEET 2017 Exam Center
Note: If you are unable to download the admit card, visit the nearest Common Service Center (CSC). Pay INR 10 for each prinout of the NEET Admit card.
After downloading the NEET Admit Card or obtaining it from the CSC, candidates have to paste a postcard sized photograph in the performa attached with the admit card for NEET. The photograph must have a white background with size equal to 4cmx 6cm. Also, carry a passport sized photograph which will be pasted on the attendance sheet during the exam.
The photograph pasted will be checked by the invigilator to confirm the identity of the candidate. The sample of performa attached is given below:
Details on NEET Admit Card
NEET 2017 Admit Card contains the details of the applicant in order to verify their identity and thus avoid any malpractice during the examination. NEET admit card will contain the following details:
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Father’s name
- Subcategory (if applicable)
- Date of birth
- Candidate’s signature
- Candidate’s photograph
- Name and address of examination center allotted to the candidate.
- Medium of Question Paper.
A candidate must double-check the information given on the admit card and in the case of any discrepancy they must contact the concerned authorities before the exam.
Instructions related to NEET 2017 Admit Card
The importance of NEET 2017 Admit card is not limited to just the exam day. It may be required during subsequent admission stages such as counselling. So a candidate must keep their NEET admit card safe and follow the instructions given below:
- Candidate must not spoil their admit card or mutilate it as it is a very useful document.
- Candidates must also not change any entry made therein. For any changes in the information given on the admit card, contact the exam authority to the earliest.
- Candidates are required to preserve their NEET admit cards in good condition till the entire admission process in Medical/ Dental Colleges is over.
- Do not carry any unfair item or any other document except admit card at the exam center for NEET.
- Any mutilated, altered or invalid admit card will lead to cancellation of your candidature.
- Also, produce the admit card whenever asked at the examination center. Thus, carry multiple copies of the same
NEET 2017 Exam Centres
NEET 2017 will be conducted at more than 80 centers spread across Indian states nad union territories. The list of the approved exam cities for NEET 2017 is given below:
|City||City Code||City||City Code||City||City Code|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||812||Indore||839||Madurai||866|
|Ranchi||827||Behrampur||854|| || |
Candidates must select their NEET exam center very carefully during application process, since under no condition will the exam center be changed after allocation. Candidates should select their exam city on the basis of proximity from their home-town or city of residence.
NEET 2017 Exam Day Instructions
On the day of NEET exam, candidates have to follow a certain set of instructions on the day of exam. Any candidate who fails to abide by the rules will be disqualified from the exam. The instructions to be followed are given below:
- The examination centre will open 2 hours and 30 minutes before the commencement of the NEET 2017 exam.
- No candidate shall be allowed to enter the NEET 2017 examination centre after 09.30 a.m.
- Candidates who do not carry their admit card will not be allowed to enter the exam center.
- The candidate must affix a passport size photograph on the space provided in the admit card.
- Seats with roll numbers will be allotted to each candidate. Candidates must find out and occupy their allotted seats. If a candidate is found appearing in the NEET 2017 from a seat or room other than the allotted one to him/her, his/her candidature, as a result, shall stand cancelled.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any material except the admit card and photographs inside the exam hall.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring any barred item or any item which could be used in unfair means. Possession of any such article with the candidates inside the centre premises will attract the penalties of unfair practices.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave his/her seat or the examination hall until the conclusion of the test as per schedule.
- Candidate must not leave the NEET 2017 examination hall without submitting their answer sheet to the invigilator on duty.
- Water bottles, tea, coffee, cold drinks or snacks etc. are not allowed to be taken by the candidates inside the NEET 2017 examination centre.
- The NEET 2017 examination will start exactly at the time mentioned in the admit card and an announcement to this effect will be made by the invigilator.
- Before the start of test, some important instructions will be communicated to the candidates by the invigilator, which require strict compliance by the candidates.
- A signal will be given at the beginning of the examination and at half-time. A signal will also be given before the closing time when the candidates must stop marking the responses.
- The candidates must sign twice on the attendance sheet at the appropriate place, first immediately after the commencement of examination and second while handing over the answer sheet to the invigilator.
- The candidates are required to put their finger impressions in the space provided on the Attendance Sheet.
- Candidates are required to check and ensure that the test-booklet for NEET 2017 contains as many number of pages as written on the top of the cover page.
- Those candidates who are unable to appear on the scheduled date of test for any reason, re-test shall not be held by the Board under any circumstances.
Instructions for parents for NEET 2017 exam day
It is evident that most of the candidates will be accompanied by their parent or guardian on the day of exam to the exam center. It is expected from parents/guardians to guide their wards appropriately on the following issues before leaving home for appearing in the NEET 2017 Examination:
- Candidate will not be allowed to enter in the examination centre after 09.30 a.m.
- Candidate should follow all the instructions and maintain discipline during the examination.
- Candidate must not breach any examination rule.
- Candidate will not use and promote any unfair means/activity during the examination.
- In case, the candidate finds that a candidate is using unfair means in the examination, the same may immediately be informed to the invigilator on duty.
- Candidate must carry NEET Admit card along with passport size photograph affixed on it and one postcard size photograph affixed on the proforma and
- Candidate will not bring any barred item(s) at the centre.
- Candidate will cooperate with the staff at the examination centre in frisking.
- Candidate will report at the allotted examination centre well in advance to be available for compulsory physical frisking.
- The candidate will follow the dress code for appearing in NEET 2017.
- Candidate found to be indulging in any unwanted activities, will be debarred from taking the NEET examination permanently in future and will also be liable for criminal action and/or any other action deemed fit by the Board.
- Candidates are also advised to set their clock as per the time displayed in the clock available on the NEET website.
- The parents and the candidates are advised to visit the allotted examination centre a day before the examination to see the location, distance etc. to avoid any problem on the day of NEET 2017.
The candidates will be subjected to extensive and compulsory frisking before entering the examination centre with the help of highly sensitive metal detectors. The candidates are not allowed to carry the following items inside the examination centre under any circumstances.
- Any stationery item like textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, geometry/pencil box, calculator, pen, scale, pen drives, eraser, calculator, log table, etc.
- Any communication device like cell phone, bluetooth, earphones, microphone, etc.
- Other items like wallet, handbags, belt, cap etc.
- Ornaments like ring, bracelet, earrings, nose-pin, chain/necklace, pendants, etc.
- Watch, camera, etc.
- Any metallic item
- Any edible item opened/packed, water bottle etc.
- Any other item, which could be, used for unfair means, for hiding communication devices like camera, bluetooth etc.
No arrangement will be made at the NEET 2017 examination centres for safe keeping of any articles/items belonging to the candidates.
In case any candidate is found in possession of any of the barred items as listed above inside the centre, it will be considered as use of unfair means and appropriate action will be taken against the candidate in accordance with the relevant provisions.
The candidates appearing for NEET 2017 are required to follow the dress code mentioned below:
- Light clothes with half-sleeves not having big/huge buttons, brooch/badge, flower etc. with salwar/trouser.
- Slippers, sandals with low heels and not shoes.