NEET PG 2017 Result, Cutoff and Counselling
NEET PG is the national level entrance exam for admission to MS/MD and PG diploma courses. The exam is organized by NBE (National Board of Examination). The results for NEET PG All India 15% quota seats is announced. All the succesful candidates will now participate in NEET PG Counselling.
The computer based test for NEET PG 2017 was successfully concluded on December 13, 2016. The duration of the exam was 3 hours 30 minutes. All sessions of the exam were of moderate difficuly although the questions from Opthamology and Pharmacology were tough.
NEET PG Counseling will be conducted online. Most of the states/UTs are planning to combined counselling session at state level for PG/UG Dental medical and dental courses at state level including Private/Medical Dental colleges and Private/Deemed Universities.
NEET PG 2017 Important Dates
National Board of Examinations has already announced the schedule of NEET PG 2017 examination. Candidates can apply for NEET PG 2017 from September 26, 2016 till October 31, 2016. Here are the details regarding important dates of NEET PG exam:
|Exam Dates||December 5, 2016 to December 13, 2016|
|Declaration of Results||January 13, 2017|
|NEET PG 2017 Counseling Dates||March 14, 2017 to March 19, 2017|
NEET PG 2017Result
NEET PG 2017 Results will be considered valid for current session only i.e. 2017-2018. Candidates who wish to seek admission in MD/MS/PG Diploma courses cannot carry forward this session’s result in session other than 2017-2018.
Kindly note that the registration of admissions for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses is governed by Post Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Central Government and the Judgments of Honorable Supreme Court of India.
A candidate must secure minimum 50% aggregate in NEET PG 2017 examination. However, in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, minimum marks must be at least 40%. Candidates belonging to PwD category must secure 45% aggregate. The aggregate will be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in the All-India common merit list in NEET PG 2017.
The Qualifying Criteria for NEET PG 2017 Examination is:
Types of Result for NEET PG 2017
National Board of Examinations declared NEET PG 2017 results for:
- All India 50% Quota Seats, except in the states of Jammu and Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses of all States/Union Territories of India including the states of Jammu and Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- Admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses in all Private Medical Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
- Admission to PG Medical Courses in AFMS Institutions
- Admission to DNB CET Board specialty courses (January 2017 session)
NEET PG 2017 Merit List
The merit list of NEET PG 2017 Examination will be prepared and released on the basis of:
- All India NEET PG 2017 Rank: This list will consist of percentile based rank secured by the candidate on All India level. The qualifying criteria will be decided by NBE (National Board of Examination).
- All India 50% Quota Rank: A rank list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by candidates of All India 50% Quota. The rank list that will be prepared would not comprise of the candidates from Jammu and Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- All India 50% Quota Rank Category: The merit list for this chunk of candidates will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by the candidate of reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) in NEET PG 2017 examination. The merit list will be valid for All India 50% Quota MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma Courses 2017 admission session.
- State quota/Private medical colleges/Deemed University/AFMS rank: State quota rank, state category rank, benefit for In-service candidates, rural posting (if applicable) etc. will be determined by States or university’s concerned authority as per their regulations or their eligibility criteria, guidelines and applicable reservation policies.
Tie Breaker Criteria
For candidates who secure equal marks in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, a tie breaker criteria has been determined by NBE. Their inter se merit will be considered according to age, older will get preference over younger.
NEET PG 2017 Reservation
There are several reservation policies that have been made in favor of All India 50% Quota Seats, for States/Union Territories and for Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
For All India 50% Quota Seats
Government of India has laid down certain reservation policies for various quotas. Candidates can refer to the official website of Medical Counselling Committee www.mcc.nic.in. All the information regarding reserved seats and documentary requirements regarding admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses can be found there.
For States/Union Territories
- Reservation policy and guidelines applicable in different States/Union Territories of India will be followed for their respective State /Union territory quota seats.
- State quota/private universities/institutions will continue to prepare their merit list based on applicable Regulation of their eligibility criteria for each owner of the seat without disturbing state quota criteria.
- The merit list will not be prepared by NBE, the results and ranks will be given to the State/ Union Territories’ Universities to ascertain reservation policy accordingly.
For Armed Forces, Medical Services Institutions
- Those who wish to avail the benefit of reservation in this category must tick the option while completing registration process of NEET PG 2017.
- There is no provision of reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/PwD in the Armed Forces Institutions conducting Post Graduate Courses.
NEET PG 2017 Counselling
After the declaration of the merit list, qualified candiadtes wil be called for NEET PG Counselling. Candidates will be participating in the Online Counselling Procedure after fulfillment of the eligibility criteria set by the concerned University.
Counselling for PG Seats
- All India 50% Quota Seats: Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) of Directorate General of Health Services will be the counseling session for All India 50% quota seats as per the result obtained by candidate in NEET PG 2017 examination.
- State Quota Seats: Counseling for candidates who wish to get admission to state quota seats will be conducted by their State University /designated authority/institute as per the eligibility criteria, applicable Regulations, guidelines and reservation policies.
- Admission to Private Medical Colleges, Institutes, Universities, and Deemed Universities: Counseling for admission to private Medical Colleges, Institutions, Universities and Deemed Universities will be conducted by the designated counseling authority of these Private Institutions as per score obtained in NEET-PG 2017 examination and the applicable eligibility criteria, reservation policy, etc.
- Admission to Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions: Counseling for admission to Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions will be conducted by the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS), Ministry of Defence according to the marks scored in NEET PG 2017 Examination. Also, counselling will be held as per their eligibility criteria, applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Admission to DNB Broad Specialty Courses: Centralized merit based Counseling for admission to DNB Courses will be conducted by NBE using NEET-PG scores.
NEET PG 2017 Registration Process
Candidates interested in applying for NEET PG 2017 must fill the NEET PG Application form before the last date (October 31, 2016). The candidates need to create a profile on the official website of NBI. While filling the application form, the candidates’ need to upload scanned image of their photograph and signature. The candidates also need to download MIC/SMS Certificate. For registration follow the steps given below:
Application Summary Email
Candidate will receive an Application Summary Email after successful submission of NEET PG Application Form. It is important to secure a print out of the NEET PG 2017 Application Form. Application Summary Email will consist of the Personal Information and Educational Information entered by the candidate. Application Summary Email will declare that “You have successfully registered for NEET PG 2017.”
Application Fee for NEET PG 2017
Candidates applying for NEET PG 2017 Application Process must note that the application fee for NEET PG 2017 is INR 3750 for General Category and OBC Category candidates. Those who belong to SC/ST/PwD category will be asked to pay INR 2750 as NEET PG Application Fee. The application fee will be inclusive of examination fee as well as fee for Information Bulletin. Application fee for NEET PG 2017 can be paid via online mode i.e. by using Credit Card/ Debit Card or through Net Banking. NEET PG 2017 Application Fee has been tabulated below:
NEET PG 2017 Eligibility
To fill the NEET PG application form, candidate must first go through the following NEET PG Eligibility rules which have been laid down by National Board of Examinations (NBE):
- Candidate must have MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate issued by an institute recognized by Medical Council of India or State Medical Council. Also, candidate must have completed at least 1 year internship on or before March 31, 2017.
- Unfortunately, candidates in possession of MBBS degree from states such as Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu and Kashmir will not be eligible to have access to All India 50% Quota Seats. However, candidates who were nominated by Indian Government to study in these states can apply for admission.
- If the candidate is found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET PG 2017, he/she will not be permitted to appear for examination/counselling. Also, if candidate of such case has already been admitted, his/her admission will be cancelled immediately.
- Candidate who will not be able to complete the internship before March 31, 2017, cannot apply for NEET PG.
- The dates indicated by candidate with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship i.e. starting date, completion date, will be treated as final and candidate will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of admission in allotted Medical College or Institute.
- The cut off for eligible candidates will be determined by the MCI. Also, candidate must furnish document of recognition of the institute from where he/she has passed MBBS from the MCI or State Medical Board.
- If a candidate is already pursuing PG course in a University, he/she will not be eligible for NEET PG 2017.
- Candidate can register and appear for NEET PG 2017 once in the academic session 2017-2018.
NEET PG 2017 Exam Pattern
NEET PG 2017 examination will be conducted in time duration of 3 hours and 30 minutes. This test will comprise of Multiple Choice Questions and the answers will be given online in computer based test form. It is important for a candidate to know about NEET PG Exam Patternso that he/she can prepare well for the exam. Marking scheme will be decided by the National Board of Education for total number of 300 questions. Here is a table which provides the insight into exam pattern followed by NEET PG 2017:
|Duration of the examination||3.5 hours or 210 minutes|
|Number of questions||300 questions|
|Maximum marks||As per decision of NBE|
|Mode of Examination||Online, Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
|Subjects/Topics in Mains Examination||As per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India|
NEET PG 2017 Exam Centers
There are total 41 number of cities where NEET PG 2017 examination is conducted. The examination centres of NEET PG 2017 can be found in the following cities:
Documents to be carried to the NEET PG Exam Centers
There are some very important documents that a candidate must carry with himself/herself to the examination centre. If candidate fails to do so he/she can be barred from entering the examination hall. Here is the list of documents that are necessary to carry to the examination centre:
- NEET PG 2017 Admit Card
- Colored passport size photograph
- Photo ID which was uploaded while filling the NEET PG 2017 Application Form.