NDA Result is declared by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) each year. The result for NDA I and II is announced in May and October respectively. Candidates willing to check NDA Result can visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in. NDA Result will be out in a pdf file. It will contain names, roll numbers, rank and marks of all qualifying candidates.
This year, NDA Paper I was conducted successfully on April 23, 2017. All qualifying candidates will now sit for Paper II of NDA 2017 on September 10. Candidates who clear the second stage of NDA, will proceed towards the interview round that will be conducted by the Service Selection Board. Candidates here will be tested on their intelligence and personality. This round will most probably be held in October 2017. Check NDA Selection Process
NDA (National Defense Academy) 2017 examination is conducted for the candidates who wish to join Indian Defense Forces. All candidates qualifying the exams and meeting NDA Cut off 2017 will be selected for recruitment.
Highlights of NDA Result
|NDA Result (Paper 1) will be declared in||May 2017|
|NDA Result (Paper 2) will be declared in||October 2017|
|NDA Result will be declared by||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|NDA Result will be declared at||www.upsc.gov.in|
|Details on Rank Card||Roll number, Rank and Marks obtained|
|Recruitment will be based on||NDA Cut off|
How to check NDA Result?
As mentioned earlier, NDA Result for written exams will declared in May 2017 and October 2017 respectively. Candidate appearing for NDA 2017 will be eligible for the interview round only after they qualify NDA cut off set by the commission. All candidates qualifying the selection stages will be considered for recruitment.
Here are the steps to check NDA Result:
- Visit the official website of UPSC (Union Public Services Commission) i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link ‘Written Result for NDA Exam 2017’ to check results for NDA .
- There will be a result file which indicates the roll numbers and name of all the qualified candidates.
- Check NDA Result and download for further use
NDA Final Result
- UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) will declare NDA Result in the month of May and October, 2017.
- They will be declared after the SSC interviews are conducted.
- On the basis of the result of written exams, SSC interviews will be conducted and thereafter, final results will be declared to fill a total vacancies of 375 seats. There distribution is given below:
|Course||NDA & NA 1 2017||NDA & NA 2 2016|
|National Defence Academy||355||355|
|Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet entry scheme)||55||55|
How to check Final NDA Result?
- To get final results for NDA 2017, candidate must go to the official website of Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link ‘Check NDA Result (Final)’
- There will be a result file which will highlight the list of qualified candidates with their roll numbers and names specified.
- The names in the final list will be selected to fill 375 vacant seats in Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force wings of National Defense Academy and Naval Academy.
- Candidate must download the result for further procedure.
NDA 2017 Cut off
Every year, UPSC sets NDA cutoff as a qualifying criteria for candidates who appear in the exam. The final NDA Result will be determined on the basis of candidate’s performance in the written exam i.e. NDA (Paper I and II). Candidates must certainly acquire the qualifying marks to get selected for interview session and final selection in Indian Defense Services.
Steps to check NDA Cut off
Following is the guideline for candidates to check NDA Cut off 2017:
- Candidate can obtain NDA 2017 Cutoff list by visiting the official website of UPSC.
- Once the candidate visits the official website of UPSC, he should click on the cutoff link and click it.
- Candidate will then come across the cutoff / qualifying marks for NDA 2017.
Expected NDA Cut off 2017
|Year||Minimum qualifying marks at written stage (Out of 900 marks)||Marks secured by last recommended candidate (out of 1800 marks)|
306 (With minimum 30% marks in each subject)
What after NDA Result?
- Candidates who qualify NDA 2017, would be examined on two other tests too. This are Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test.
- All the candidates shall be put through stage 1 test on the first day of reporting at Selection Centers. Those who will qualify in stage 1 test of NDA Selection Process shall be eligible for stage 2 selection and will report with the original required documents after stage two selection.
- The Selection Process would be conducted by SSB (Services Selection Board) and the successful candidates have to complete the document verification to be eligible for final selection. Candidates putting preference for Air Force are additionally required to appear for PABT (Pilot Aptitude Test) and CPSS (Computerised Pilot Selection System)
Here is the procedure of SSB Interview for NDA 2017 for your reference:
SSB Interview (Stage 1) will be based on Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests which includes - Picture Perception * Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates who will score qualifying marks in both tests will be shortlisted for next round.
SSB Interview (Stage 2) includes Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference to be conducted in as many as four days.
The personality test of selected candidates will be conducted by three different examiners i.e. The Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist. Candidates may note that there are no separate weightage for each test.
The marks for personality test will be allotted by examiners after evaluating overall performance of candidates in all tests only.
Also, the marks for Conference Test of stage II will be allotted on basis of candidates performance in GTO tests, Interview and Psychology test and final decision of the examination board. All the tests of stage II have equal weightage as decided by the conducting body.
The various tests of stage II i.e. IO, GTO and Psychology test are designed in order to analyse qualities like Officer Like Qualities and also training ability in a candidate.
Candidates who are recommended by SSB after conducting these test are finally selected for recruitment.