NDA Admit Card is declared by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) each year. Since the test for National Defence Academy (NDA) is held twice a year, the admit card for NDA is also released twice. For NDA 2017, its admit card will release on March 28 and July 7, for Paper 1 and 2 respectively.
To download NDA Admit Card, candidates can visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in. They must then enter their login credentials and download it for further use. Once you have NDA Admit Card in hand, make sure all the details it carries (name, exam center, course, time, etc.) are true and correct.
Paper 1 for NDA 2017 was held on April 23, while Paper 2 will be held on September 10, 2017. All candidates who successfully filled NDA Application Form must present the admit card at the designated exam center. NDA is conducted for admissions to Naval Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA).
Highlights of NDA Admit Card
|NDA Admit Card will be available on||Paper 1- March 28; Paper 2- July 7|
|Issuing body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Admit Card can be downloaded from||www.upsc.gov.in|
|NDA Admit Card can be accessed using||Registration ID, Roll number and Date of birth|
|Details on NDA Admit Card||Candidates name, Application number, Test centre, Test date & time, Course, Category|
|Documents to carry along with admit card||Copy of application form and a photo ID|
|Number of NDA Test Centers||41|
|UPSC Helpline Number||011-23381125, 011-23385271|
How to download NDA Admit Card?
NDA Admit Card is an extremely important document without which the candidate will not be granted permission to enter the examination hall. Therefore, the candidate must remember to carry NDA Admit Card on the day of the exam along with other necessary documents.
The steps to download NDA Admit Card are as follows:
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link “NDA 2017 Admit Card”
- Read the instructions given before beginning the download process
- Enter your Registration ID, Roll number and date of birth to log into your account
- View and save your NDA Admit Card.
- Download for further use
- If the photograph on the candidate’s Admit Card is not clear, he will be required to carry a valid photo identity proof.
- Any of these can serve as a photo ID - Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Voter ID Card.
- The candidate must also carry two passport size photographs - one for each session - for appearing in NDA exam.
- NDA Admit Card may be required at later stages of the admission process. Hence, keep it safe until the completion of the entire procedure.
- It must be noted that the NDA Admit card will not be sent to individual candidates by post or email. It can only be accessed online
Details on NDA Admit Card
NDA Admit card contains some very important details regarding the candidate and the exam. One must remember to verify all the particulars and ensure that everything mentioned is accurate. The Admit Card for NDA will consist the following information
- Candidate’s name and date of birth
- Candidate’s photograph
- Candidate’s father’s name
- Roll number
- Date and timing of examination
- Venue of test centre
- Complete address of test centre
- Email ID
Discrepancies in NDA Admit Card
- Post downloading NDA Admit Card, candidates are advised to check all the mentioned details and verify them properly.
- In case there is some discrepancy in the given information or if the admit card has not been displayed on the official website till one week prior to the exam, the candidate must immediately contact UPSC in this regard.
- In case of non-receipt of NDA Admit Card, candidate can contact the Facilitation Counter located in the UPSC Office either in person or by phone. The phone numbers are: 011– 23385271, 011– 23381125, 011– 23098543.
- In case of discrepancy or errors in NDA Admit Card, the candidate must get in touch with the appropriate authority, requesting to issue a new NDA Admit card. The request must contain the following particulars:
- Name and year of the examination
- Registration ID (RID)
- Roll Number (if received)
- Name of candidate (in full and in block letters)
- Postal Address as given in the application
- Failure to mention any of these details will result in ignorance/non-consideration of the candidate’s request. Hence, applicants must be vigilant about this issue.
- The authorities can be reached at the following address:
Directorate of Manpower & Recruitment
OI&R Section, R. No. 204, ‘C’ Wing
Phone No. 23010097 / 23011282”
How to Retrieve Registration Number and Password?
- In case a candidate forgets his application number, he can retrieve it by clicking on ‘forgot application number link’’. After that, a new window will open and the following details will be asked-
- Name of candidate
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- After entering all these, click on submit and you can get all the details.
- Take a print out of NDA Admit Card 2017 as it will be required for future processes.
- The copy of the e-Admit card will also be emailed to the candidate. Candidates must provide a valid email ID in the application form. The e-Admit card will not be despatched to candidates via post or fax.
NDA Exam Centres
- There are a total of 41 test cities where NDA will be held in April and September.
- Candidates will be provided the option to choose as many as three exam centres with preference for appearing in the defence examination.
- Candidates can choose NDA exam centre according to their suitability and discretion.
- These exam centres will be decided by UPSC.
- UPSC holds all rights to add/ remove NDA Exam Centre as per their discretion. These centres are generally allocated as the number of applicants.
- Do not forget to carry NDA Admit Card to the designated exam centre. Also, make sure that all details are correct, since these details will be cross-checked by the invigilator.
- No request for change of NDA Exam Centre will be entertained.
The full list of NDA Exam Centres is provided below:
|NDA Exam Centres|
- It must be noted that except the NDA test cities of Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur, there is a maximum limit for number of candidates for allotment of candidates at a particular centre. The assignment will be done on first come, first serve basis.
- Once a certain test centre has been filled completely, the remaining candidates will have to opt for another centre from those that are available. Hence, students are advised to apply as early as possible to get their choice of test centre.
NDA Exam Day Instructions
There are certain guidelines that are to be kept in mind on the day of NDA exam. If a candidate is found violating any of the instructions given below, it may result in cancellation of his candidature. So, we advise you to adhere to them strictly.
- NDA Admit Card must be carried in each session of the exam to obtain admission inside the Examination Hall.
- The candidate must reach the NDA exam centre at least 30 minutes before the beginning of NDA.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the test hall 10 minutes after the commencement of the exam.
- If a candidate appears at any NDA test centre other than the one mentioned in the NDA Admit Card, his answer sheet will not be evaluated.
- Any omission/mistake/discrepancy while filling in the OMR answer sheet will lead to its rejection.
- Mobile phones, calculators, watches or any electronic gadgets are strictly prohibited inside the NDA exam centre premises.
- It is advised not to carry any valuables to the NDA test centre as its safe keeping cannot be guaranteed.