NCHMCT JEE 2017
NCHMCT JEE (NCHMCT Joint Entrance Examination) is held for admission to B. Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Administration programme. NCHMCT JEE 2017 Application Process concluded on April 14, 2017. The candidates can apply online in 2 ways- with or without uploading the photograph and signature. NCHMCT JEE 2017 is scheduled to be held on April 19, 2017 (10 A.M. to 1 P.M.). Read About NCHMCT JEE Application Form
The result for NCHMCT exam will be declared in 3rd week of May, 2017. The admission of the candidate will be strictly based in the order of merit and rank. No GD (Group Discussions) or personal interviews will be held for the admission process.
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Exam Dates
Candidates will be required to fill the Application form online from December 12, 2016 to April 14, 2017. Results for JEE 2017 will be released on the official website in third week of May, 2017. Important Dates regarding NCHMCT JEE 2017 have been given below for the convenience of the candidates:
|Commencement of Online application process||December 12, 2016|
|Last date to fill the online application form||April 14, 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 19, 2017 onwards|
|Date of examination||April 29, 2017 (10 A.M. to 1 P.M.)|
|Declaration of Results||Third week of May, 2017|
|Conduct of counselling||Last week of May and First week of June, 2017|
|Commencement of Academic Session||July 17, 2017|
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
For candidates seeking admission to institutes affiliated by NCHMCT, there are certain eligibility standards that have to be met. Candidates must have passed 10+2 system of Senior Secondary exam or its equivalent with English as one if the compulsory subjects. Students appearing for the qualifying exam can also apply for NCHM JEE.
Admission of candidate will be subjected to verification of original documents. Candidate’s admission shall stand cancelled if he/she is found to be ineligible.
Qualifying Examinations for Indian Students
- 10+2 level examination of Senior Secondary education from any recognized Central/State Board
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
- Any Public School Examination in India or in a foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education.
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination approved by NCVT and SCVT of concerned state.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects including English as one of the Subjects, result of which should be available upto 30.09.2016
For candidates belonging to General or OBC Category upper age limit is set at 22 years as on July 1, 2017. Candidates of these categories must be born on or after July 1, 1995 to be eligible to sit for NCHMCT JEE 2017. Upper age limit for SC/ST categories is 25 years and candidate must be born on or after July 1, 1992.
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Application Form
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Application Form can be filled both online and offline. NCHM JEE 2017 application from is available in offline mode along with information brochure from designated centres. The candidates can apply online for NCHM in 2 ways- Apply online by uploading photograph and signature or Apply online without uploading photograph and signature.
In case candidate opts for Online Application procedure, he/she must follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT).
- Click on the link given for NCHM JEE 2017 Application Form.
- Fill in the necessary details such as name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, category, sub-category and gender.
- Enter educational details i.e. details regarding qualifying examination
- Provide the mailing address and other contact information.
- Now upload a scanned copy of photograph and signatures in prescribed dimensions.
- Click on ‘submit’ button and proceed to payment gateway.
- Select the mode of payment and enter details such as name, ATM pin etc. and pay NCHMCT JEE 2017 Application Fee.
- Take a print out of the Application print slip for further use.
Mailing filled NCHMCT JEE 2017 Application Form
Candidates who opt to fill the Application form through offline mode shall send their duly filled application form to ‘JEE cell’. Application must be sent through government registered post/speed post. Those applications will be rejected which are sent through private courier services. Application can also be submitted by hand at NCHMCT, NOIDA. Mailing Address is "JEE CELL" National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, A-34, Sector 62, Noida-201309".
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Application Fee
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Application Fee for candidates belonging to General Category is INR 800, while those belonging to Reserved Category (SC/ST/OBC) will be required to fill INR 400. The application fee can be filled using Debit Card/Credit Card or a Demand Draft can be drawn in the name of ‘NCHM’ which shall be payable at the Delhi/Noida centre.
How to Download NCHMCT JEE 2017 Admit Card?
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website from April 19, 2017 onwards. Candidates must check all the information entered in the Admit Card and report at the JEE Cell in case of any discrepancies. It is important to note that the admit card will not be sent via post, it will be available on the official website of NCHMCT.
If a candidate finds any discrepancies in his/her admit card, he/she must write to NCHMCT JEE Cell through FAX at 0120-2402891 or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. One copy of Admit Card duly attested by Gazetted Officer/Head of Institution last attended/Bank Manager of scheduled Bank/Area Post Master be deposited with invigilator for his/her signature and same be must preserved & produced for appearing during Counselling while second copy of NCHM JEE 2017 Admit Card will be required to be retained at the examination centre.
To download NCHMCT JEE 2017 Admit Card, candidate will have to perform the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of NCHM.
- Look for the link for downloading admit card.
- Enter details such as Registration ID, Password, etc.
- Click on ‘submit’ button and the admit card will appear on the screen.
- Check all the particulars such as name, test centre, date, timings, category, etc.
- Click on ‘download’ and save it for further procedure.
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Exam Centers
There are 33 centres of examination, out of which candidate will have to choose any one Test Centre and mention it in the NCHMCT JEE 2017 Application Form. Following is the list of NCHMCT JEE 2017 Exam Centers:
|Ahmedabad (51)||Gwalior (62)||Nagpur (73)|
|Bengaluru (52)||Hyderabad (63)||Patna (74)|
|Bhopal (53)||Jammu (64)||Pondicherry (75)|
|Bhubaneswar (54)||Jabalpur (65)||Pune (76)|
|Chandigarh (55)||Jaipur (66)||Raipur (77)|
|Chennai (56)||Jamshedpur (67)||Shillong (78)|
|Delhi (57)||Kochi (68)||Shimla (79)|
|Dehradun (58)||Kolkata (69)||Siliguri (80)|
|Goa (59)||Lucknow (70)||Srinagar (81)|
|Gurdaspur (60)||Madurai (71)||Thiruvananthapuram (82)|
|Guwahati (61)||Mumbai (72)||Varanasi (83)|
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Exam Pattern
NCHMCT JEE will be conducted in both English and Hindi language. NCHMCT JEE will be conducted for 3 hours from 10 AM to 1 PM. Candidates have to answer 200 questions. 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. In Aptitude for Service Sector, candidate will be awarded 1 mark, 0.75 mark or 0.50 mark according to the answer given by him or her.
Given below is the table that elaborates on NCHMCT JEE 2017 Exam Pattern:
|Duration||3 hours or 180 minutes|
|Number of sections in examination||5|
|Total number of questions||200 questions|
|Language of Question Paper||English and Hindi|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for every correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer|
|Mode of Examination||Paper-Pencil Mode|
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Result
NCHMCT Result will be announced in third week of May, 2017 on the official website. The result for the NCHMCT is based on the performance of the candidate in the exam. The steps to download NCHMCT Result is given below: -
- Go to the official website of NCHM and navigate to the link of declaration of NCHMCT JEE 2017.
- Enter necessary details such as Roll number, Date of Birth, etc.
- Click on ‘submit’ and check your result.
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Merit List
NCHMCT Merit List will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in NCHMCT JEE. Merit list is prepared by keeping in mind the performance of candidate in the qualifying examination.
Tie Breaker Criteria
At times, it is possible that two or more candidates score similar marks in NCHM, in such cases a tie breaker procedure is followed. For candidates who secure equal marks, merit is decided by going for the given below options:
- Candidate with higher score in English attains higher rank in NCHMCT JEE 2017.
- If tie still persists, candidate with higher marks in Service Aptitude Component shall be given higher rank.
- If there is still a tie breaker situation, elder candidate shall have higher rank than the other.
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Reservation
All the candidates applying for NCHMCT JEE 2017 are required to mention their respective categories in the Application Form. The candidates belonging to SC/ST, OBC, PD or KM category are provided with reservation of seats during admission procedure. The reservation policy followed by NCHMCT JEE 2017 is as follows:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category are provided with reserved seats of 15% and 7.5% respectively in various State and Central Institutions of Hotel Management. Such candidates must produce certificates issued by concerned authority to confirm the claim.
- Candidates who belong to Non-Creamy layer of OBC are given reservation of 27% seats. If seats in this category remain vacant, these will be filled by general category candidates as per the rule of Supreme Court. Those who wish to seek benefit under this category must produce certificate issued on or after April 1, 2016.
Counselling Procedure for NCHMCT JEE 2017
NCHMCT JEE 2017 Counselling process will begin once the merit list is out. But before going for counselling session, candidates will be required to register online on the official website of NCHMCT and make choices, after which 1st round of seat allotment will take place.
Given below is the procedure that will be followed at the time of counselling:
- Register online on the official website of NCHMCT.
- Make choices and lock them
- After locking the choices, candidates will be called for 1st round of seat allotment.
- Seats that will remain vacant after 1st round of allotment will be offered to Fresh allottees.
- Choices will be modified before the commencement of 2nd round of seat allotment, if needed.
- After second round of allotment of seats, candidates will freshly register themselves for spot round of counselling
- After successful online registration a nominal amount has to be paid as fee for Spot round of Counselling.
- Next step will be to make choices for spot round following which seats will be allotted under this category.
- Candidates will have to report at the reporting centre for verification of original documents based on which candidate will be sent to the institute allotted.
- At the allotted institute, candidate will be allotted hostel and the admission procedure will be completed thereafter.
Locking of Choices
After the final choices are made, candidate will have to lock the details before 5 PM of the last date. Mere locking the choices will not complete the process, candidate will have to enter his/her password and confirm locking. Once, the choices are locked, they cannot be changed.
If candidate fails to lock final choices till the given time, his/her last saved choices will be locked finally. Therefore, carefully make the final choices and lock them by yourself.