NATA Application Form 2017
NATA Application Form 2017 is available in online mode from January 02, 2017. Candidates have to visit NATA Portal i.e. www.nata.nic.in in order to access the form. Before registered, it is important to go through NATA 2017 Eligibility Criteria defined by CoA (Council of Architecture). Candidates satisfying the criteria can then move on to fill the form.
- NATA Application Form can be filled via online mode only
- Candidates must make sure to get registered for National Aptitude Test in Architecture before the registration window closes.
- The last date to fill NATA Online Form is February 11, 2017
- Application Fee can be paid in online or offline modes.
- Candidates who have duly submitted the application form of NATA can also avail the facility of making corrections in NATA Application Form by CoA.
- The Form Correction window becomes functional from February 20 to February 24, 2017.
Candidates are informed, that the form filling and form correction process has now concluded. Now, CoA will issue NATA Admit Card on March 26, 2017. The conducting body has scheduled the architecture exam for April 16, 2017. It will be conducted in offline mode, in 2 parts. Paper 1 will be of General Aptitude and Mathematics and Paper 2 will be drawing test. Know more aboutNATA Exam Pattern
NATA Exam Dates 2017
As per the revised schedule by CoA, candidates can fill application form for NATA 2017 till February 11, 2017. Candidates have to appear for the exam as per the pre-decided schedule at the designated test centers. Important dates regarding NATA Application Form are tabulated below:
|Availability of NATA Application Form||January 02, 2017|
|NATA Application Form filling ends on||February 11, 2017|
|Image Uploading||February 12, 2017|
|NATA Fee Payment||February 13, 2017|
|Confirmation Page Printing||February 28, 2017|
|NATA Correction window available from||February 20 till February 24, 2017|
|NATA Admit Card available from||March 26, 2017|
|NATA Exam||April 16, 2017|
Note:It must be noted, appointments for the same are scheduled on a first come, first-serve basis. Candidates should avoid last minute rush by applying for NATA 2017 as early as possible.
How to fill NATA Application Form 2017?
The application form will be available for filling online only at NATA Portal. It will be interactive in nature. Candidates must fill in all the fields that have a super scribed mark (*) on it. These fields are mandatory, if they are left unfilled then the form will not be submitted. The Application form is broadly categorized in 3 major steps namely
- Filling Personal Details,
- Documents Uploading and
- Fee Payment
Given below is a flow chart of the process that will be followed in the registration:
Step 1: Registration for NATA 2017
The first step for any candidate wishing to give NATA 2017 is required to get themselves registered. In this step, aspirant must provide the information like personal details, education background etc. The registration process is different for the new candidates and old candidates. Mentioned below is the process for both candidates.
For New Candidates
Candidates who are applying for the first time have to follow the steps given-
- Filling the Application Form,
- Uploading of Image and
- Fee Payment
For Already Registered Candidates
But, for candidates who have already registered, have to fill in the Application No., Password, mention the security pin and then finally sign in.
Candidates can fill the application form for NATA 2017 in online mode by visiting NATA website i.e.www.nata.nic.in. Candidates have to register themselves by entering their email id, mobile number and creating a password for the exam in order to continue.
Step 2: Filling Personal Details
In this step, a candidate is required to login using their registered email, password and provide the basic details in the marked fields of the application form. These details are primarily related to:
- Candidate’s personal details
- Course & Exam city options
- Qualifying examination information and
- Communication details.
The following screenshot indicated all the fields that a candidate needs to fill in order to complete the form.
In this step, a candidate will also be asked to choose a password, confirm it, choose a security question and answer the same. Also, candidate will also have to enter a security pin which will be case sensitive.
After filling all the details, one must review the entire form before submitting it. Once the application is submitted, an application number of 7 digits will be generated. Candidate must note it down along with the password and security question and answer. Candidates will require these for subsequent logins.
Step 3: Documents Uploading
In this step, candidates are required to scan and upload their photograph as per specified format and sizes.
Candidates are required to upload the following document images:
- Recent colored Passport size Photograph
- LTI (Left Thumb Impression)
- Candidate’s own signature
In the following table, the details of the size and dimensions of the documents are mentioned:
|Document||Minimum Storage Size||Maximum Storage Size||Image Height||Image Width|
|Photograph||4 KB||100 KB||4.00 cm||3.0 cm|
|LTI||1 KB||30 KB||1.5 cm||3.5 cm|
|Signature||1 KB||30 KB||1.5 cm||3.5 cm|
Candidate should fill rest of the information as per the requirement in NATA 2017 Application Form.
Candidates will first have to click on ‘Upload Image’ tab and then follow the procedure.
Once the details have been filled, applicants must save their details and proceed towards the fee payment option by clicking the purchase form button.
- Candidate should make sure that all documents are in jpg/jpeg format.
- Also, the LTI should be very clear neither fade nor submerged with ink.
- The page size of the documents should be in A4 format.
Step 4: Fee Payment for NATA Form
The fee payment for NATA Registration is the final step in the whole process. The application fee for NATA 2017 is INR 1250. The payment can be madeeither through online mode or offline mode. The modes details are given below:
Online Mode: It can be done through Net banking/credit card/debit card.
Offline mode: It can be done by generating a challan and depositing the payment in cash at any of the designated branches of the ICICI bank across the country.
The candidates must note that they are required to pay processing charges as indicated below:
- Domestic Debit Card - 0.75% of the NATA fee plus service tax as applicable.
- Domestic Credit Card- 1.25% of the NATA fee plus service tax as applicable.
- For international Debit/Credit card, the charges may apply as per the policy of the bank.
- Domestic Multiple Bank Net Banking Payment Gateway- 15 INR per transaction.
- Collection at any of the PAN India ICICI branches in cash (through challan)- INR 30 per transaction
The application fees once paid by the candidates for NATA 2017 is not refundable under any circumstances.
Note: For the candidates opting Dubai as their exam city are liable to pay an additional examination fee of INR 7000 prior to issuance of admit card. Mode of payment of the additional examination fee would be notified in due course.
After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the “Confirmation Page”.
Step 5: Downloading of Confirmation Page
This is the final step of the whole NATA Registration Process. Here, candidates can download the prefilled registration form after the payment of application fee and take it to the nearest activated centers as prescribed by NATA. This center will then provide an appointment voucher for the examination based upon the availability and the schedule at the center.
Note:Candidates should note that appointment once scheduled cannot be rescheduled or cancelled.
NATA 2017 Application Form Correction
In case, incorrect information or mistake has been made by candidate, a 6-day window is provided to rectify the same. The information can be corrected at the time of registration only. The window for correction will become functional from February 15 to February 21, 2017.
Candidates have to follow the steps mentioned below to rectify those mistakes:
- Candidates should create a new ticket on the Helpdesk with subject/ title: "ERROR CORRECTION: <>"
- It is important to describe the nature of error and the correction required.
- Scan copies of original documents supporting the change requested must also be attached by candidates.
- The minimum time duration for correction will be 15 days
Note: Candidates should make sure to go through all the details mentioned in the form carefully. And if they find any mistake or an error, they should correct it right away or in the window provided to them.
How to Retrieve NATA 2017 Candidate ID?
All the applicants will have the option to retrieve their NATA 2017 Candidate ID. They can simply follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Candidates should visit the official site of NATA 2017.
Step 2: Under the Important Links section, click on “Find NATA Candidate ID”
Step 3: Candidate must enter his/her Standard 10th Seat Number, 10th passing year and 10th Board in respective textbox.
Step 4: Enter the verification code and then click on “Find NATA Candidate Id”. The Id will be displayed on the screen.
Instructions for NATA 2017 Application
Some of the key instructions for aspirants filling NATA 2017 Application Form are indicated below. The candidates are advised to adhere to these guidelines for completing the NATA 2017 Registration Process successfully.
- Candidates must register themselves well in advance as during the peak admission season test centers fill up quickly.
- When registering online, candidates should ensure that the spelling of his/her name matches the spelling of the name as printed on the identification document(s) which the candidate will present at the test center.
- If the same does not match, the candidate will be debarred from appearing in the test and their test fee will be forfeited.
- Appointment once scheduled cannot be rescheduled or canceled.
Documents required at the time of NATA Application
Given below is a list of acceptable primary identification documents to apply for NATA 2017
- Class XII admit card with photo and signature in original (in original) for applicants awaiting their XII results or equivalent exam results.
- Student ID card from the institute where he/she is currently enrolled, in original.
- Confirmation of identity letter from the candidate’s educational institution, in original.
- Any of the government issued valid identification documents such as passport, UID card, permanent driver’s license, state ID cards etc.) in original.
Note: Candidates must remember that a letter of identity is valid only for one year from the date of issue.
Unacceptable Documents for NATA 2017:
- Credit card of any kind
- Any expired ID
- Notary prepared letter or document.
- Learner’s driving license
- Any temporary identification document
- Employee identification card
- Any photocopy attested or unattested of the acceptable identification documents
In case an applicant’s primary identification does not have a signature or a photograph of the applicant, he/she must then present any one of the following supplement IDs in addition to the primary identification documents.
- A government-issued identification document that has not expired including but not limited to passport, driver's license, state ID cards, national identification.
- Confirmation of identity letter from the applicant's educational institution.
- The applicant's date of birth; a recent recognizable photo; applicant's signature; and the date issued should be indicated on the confirmation of identity letter.
Note:The confirmation of the identity letter should be typed on the original letterhead of the education institution attended by the applicant. Also, the candidates should ensure that the signature of the school official and the seal of the educational institution is overlapping the applicant’s photograph.