NATA 2017 Form Correction, Admit Card and Syllabus
NATA 2017 registration has now concluded. Candidates can download their NATA online Application Form till February 28, 2017. The confirmation form is available for download from the official website of NATA i.e. nata.in. NATA Admit Card will be issued on March 26, 2017.
NATA exam is divided into 2 papers: Paper 1: Drawing Test and Paper 2: General Aptitude & Mathematics. From 2017, NATA will be conducted once a year. Both the papers will now be conducted in an offline mode.
NATA is a national level aptitude test conducted by CoA (Council of Architecture) for admission to B.Arch courses offered by the top universities across India. Through this exam, a candidate’s aptitude in the field of Architecture is evaluated. NATA 2017 is on April 16, 2017.
|NATA 2017 Cut off||NATA 2017 Practice Papers||NATA Exam Patten||NATA 2017 Changes Introduced|
NATA 2017 Exam Date
The official notification for NATA 2017 was released on December 15, 2016. NATA Online Form was available from January 02, 2017. Given below are the official dates for NATA 2017.
|Starting date for NATA 2017 Registration||January 02, 2017|
|Last date for NATA 2017 Registration||February 11, 2017 (11:59 PM)|
|Last date to upload image||February 12, 2017 (11:59 PM)|
|Last date for NATA Fee payment||February 13, 2017 (11:59 PM)|
|Last date to print Confirmation Page||February 28, 2017 (11:59 PM)|
|Dates of NATA Correction window||February 20 (10:30 AM) to February 24, 2017 (11:59 PM)|
|Availability of NATA Admit Card||March 26, 2017 (10:30 AM)|
|Date and Time of NATA Exam||April 16, 2017 (11 AM to 2 PM)|
|Expected date for NATA Results||June 10, 2017|
Know more:NATA Exam Dates 2017 Revised
What is NATA Exam?
- National Aptitude Test in Architecture or NATA is a National level Architecture entrance exam.
- It is conducted by CoA (Council of Architecture).
- Through NATA, a candiate’s aptitude and drawing skills in the field of Architecture is tested.
- Candiates who clear the exam are then eligible to get admission in B.Arch. Degree Course offered in the institutes accepting NATA score.
NATA Eligibility 2017
Before applying for NATA 2017, a candidate must ascertain that they fulfil NATA Eligibility 2017. A brief overview of the eligibility criteria for NATA 2017 is given below:
- The lower age limit is 17 years on July 31, 2017.
- Candidate should have passed SSC (class 10th) or equivalent examination to apply for NATA 2017.
- At least 50% marks in aggregate in SSC/ 10+2 or equivalent examination should have been secured.
- Candidates who have passed 10+3 diploma with 50% marks in aggregate in any stream from Central/ State Government are also eligible to apply for NATA 2017.
- Mathematics should have been studied as a main subject in their qualifying examination.
Note:There is no change in NATA 2017 eligibility for SC/ST/OBC or any other special category candidates as well. However, candidates can ask for reservation schemes while applying for admissions under various admission authorities.
NATA 2017 Application Form
NATA 2017 Registration commenced on January 02, 2017. Eligible candidates can fill the NATA Application 2017 by visiting the official website www.nata.in. Candidates can apply for NATA exam for a maximum of five times. Candidates can go through the following article to know the steps that they have to follow:
Step 1: Registration for NATA 2017
Before filling NATA Application Form 2017, the candidate has to register themselves online. For Registration process, candidates have to enter their email ID and create a password. They will receive confirmation mail for registration.
Step 2: Filling NATA Application Form 2017
Candidates should login with their registered login credentials created earlier. NATA 2017 application form is to be filled through online mode only. Candidates have to first enter qualifying examination details and move to the next page. On the next page, candidates have to fill all the personal particulars in the online application form.
Step 3: Uploading of Scanned Images
At this step, candidates have to upload their scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression. The images should be in .jpeg/.jpg format.
- The size of the scanned photograph must be between 4 to 100kb (3.5 cm X 4.5 cm).
- The signature and thumb impression should be between 1 to 30kb (3.5 cm X 1.5 cm)
Candidates should then click on save and proceed to make payment.
Step 4: Fee Payment
Candidates should click on “purchase form button”. NATA Application Fee is INR 1250/- for all candidates except for the candidates opting for Dubai as their exam city.
Candidates can choose to pay the application fees either via online or offline mode.
Online mode: ICICI Integrated Payment Gateway with the help of Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
Offline mode: By paying through e-challan at any branch of ICICI bank across India.
Candidates are informed that the Examination Fee for NATA is non-refundable. Therefore, one should first go through the NATA Application Fee 2017structure before paying.
Step 5: Confirmation Page Download
The candidates can download the pre-filled registration form after the payment of application fee for NATA exam and take it to the nearest centers prescribed by NATA. This center will then provide an appointment voucher for the examination based upon the availability and the schedule at the NATA test center.
Note:Candidates should note that appointment once scheduled cannot be rescheduled or canceled.
Read More: NATA Application Form 2017
NATA Form Correction
In case, incorrect information or mistake is made by a candidate, a 6-day window is provided to rectify the same. The information can be corrected at the time of NATA Registration Process only. The window for correction will become functional from February 15 until February 21, 2017. Check: How to correct details on NATA Form?
Note: Candidates should make sure to go through all the details mentioned in the form carefully. And if they find any mistake or an error, they should correct it right away or in the window provided to them.
How to download NATA Admit Card 2017?
NATA Admit Card 2017 will be available for download from March 26, 2017. The admit card for NATA 2017 can be downloaded from the official website- www.nata.in. The admit card for NATA 2017 has 2 counterfoils. It is to be noted that counterfoils that have already been signed shall not be accepted and a candidate, as a result, can be disqualified from appearing in the test.
Steps to download NATA 2017 Admit card
- Visit the NATA official website.
- Click on NATA 2017 Admit Card link.
- Enter the required information such as the NATA 2017 registration number and submit it.
- Download the Admit Card of NATA 2017.
- Take a print out of the admit card.
Read More:NATA 2017 Admit Card
NATA Exam Pattern 2017
CoA has released NATA notification 2017 informing about the NATA exam dates. NATA exam (offline) is on April 16, 2017. Candidates should go through the NATA Exam Pattern 2017 before appearing for the exam.
NATA 2017 Exam Pattern is similar to that of NATA 2016. It is divided into two papers - Drawing test (Paper 1) and General Aptitude & Mathematics (Paper 2).
Paper 1: NATA Drawings
The candidates have to draw or sketch a diagram asked in 3D/ 2D and theme sketch where the visualization, symmetry and sketching ability will be tested.
Exam Mode: 90 minutes
Exam Type: Offline i.e. pen- paper based
No. of Questions: 2 Questions of 40 Marks each.
Total Marks: 80 Marks
Note: It is mandatory for a candidate to attempt all the NATA Drawing Questions.
Paper 2: General Aptitude Test and Mathematics
The exam is taken to check the perception, imagination & observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness of the candidate. Also, to test a candidates aptitude in the subject mathematics.
Exam Mode: 90 minutes
Exam Type: Offline i.e. pen- paper based
No. of Questions: 60 objective type questions. 30 Questions of Mathematics and 30 Questions of General Aptitude.
Total Marks: 60 + 60= 120 Marks
Note:Candidates are informed that there is no negative marking in any of the sections of NATA exam. Also, the answer once submitted cannot be changed later.
NATA 2017 Syllabus
NATA 2017 is on April 16, 2017. Before preparing for the exam, candidates should know about topics from which the questions will be asked. NATA syllabus is divided into 3 parts- Drawings, General Aptitude and Mathematics. The test of NATA drawings will test the sketching skills of a candidate whereas the other two topics will measure the aptitude in reasoning, numerial and verbal awareness of a candidate.
NATA 2017Marking Scheme
As the exam will be held on a single day from now on, the exam pattern has been changed. The Marking Scheme for the exam has not really been affected. It will still have a cumulative approach. One can go through the pointers given below to know more about the same:
For Paper 1- NATA Drawings Test
The paper will have 2 questions in total. The questions will be checked by more than one examiner. These examiners will give marks independently. The average of the marks given by them will be the final marks for each question.
For Paper 2- General Aptitude & Mathematics
In this, the marking scheme will be based on the answers marked by the candidates. A statistical approach is followed for calculation of marks.
Sample Papers for NATA
Candidates who have covered almost all the syllabus for NATA and are still nervous about the exam can click on the banner given below and go through the NATA Sample Papers to have a better idea about the exam and gain some confidence while appearing in the exam.
Candidates who want to pursue a degree course in B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture) after Class 12 through NATA 2017 must start preparing for the test. A lot of candidates appear for NATA every year. Aspiring candidates for NATA 2017 can improve their preparation by going through the sample papers for NATA and other reference books. They can refer to the following reference books and practice papers to prepare for the exam:
- NATA & B.Arch Question Bank by Ar. Shadan Usmani
- NATA & B. Arch complete self-study material: entrance examination by Ar. Shadan Usmani
- A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch by P. K. Mishra
- B.Arch Entrance Examination Guide by Surendra Kavimandan
- ‘NATA' - Satya Prakashan - Prof. S.C. Garg & Dr. Yogesh Garg
Read More: NATA Preparation Tips
NATA Result 2017
NATA 2017 Result will be declared tentatively on June 10, 2017. Candidates can check their result on the official website of NATA. The score cards published on their website are used in the admission process.
NATA 2017 Score Card
NATA 2017 Score Card is a necessary document required for admission to the 5 years B. Arch. Course. The score card will be available online within 4 days after the test taken by candidate. However, there could be a delay in processing the score card but it will be displayed within maximum 7 days of giving the exam. The validity of NATA 2017 Score Card is for a period of 2 years from the year of the exam taken by the candidate.
Note:The NATA Scorecard is valid for the academic session of 2017-18 only.
Steps to Check NATA Results:
To download the NATA 2017 score card, candidates are advised to follow the given simple steps:
- Visit the official website of NATA
- Click on “download score card for NATA 2017”
- Login with Candidate ID and Password
- Enter the captcha provided
- Download the NATA 2017 score-card
Note: If the candidate has given NATA Exam more than once, the page will show the last generated score card, in case, the new score-card is not generated yet.
|NATA Cut Off||NATA Result||NATA Counselling Process||NATA Participating Colleges|
NATA 2017 Counselling Process
Candidates have to appear for NATA Counselling for final admission to the 5 years B. Arch. Course in different Universities/Institutions across. The candidates have to register and fill the choice of seats for participating in NATA 2017 Counselling Process. After choice filling, candidates need to appear for document verification process. Candidates have to carry Class 10th and Class 12th Mark Sheets along with their NATA Score Card respectively at the designated center for the verification process. The documents like reservation certificate and birth certificate should be also produced at the counselling centers.
Admissions to various institutions through NATA 2017
- Appearing for NATA and obtaining a valid NATA 2017 Score Card doesn’t entitle candidates to admissions in various Architecture colleges. NATA 2017 is the centralized aptitude test for admission to Architecture course. Any institute that is recognized by AICTE must obtain approval of CoA (Council of Architecture) for offering admission to B. Arch. Course.
- Candidate should appear for the qualifying examination or the equivalent exam accepted by the particular university along with the NATA 2017 for admissions. The candidate should obtain a valid score card in both. The total score of the candidate will be evaluated by taking 50% marks from the State Board/ any other equivalent examination with Mathematics as one subject and 50% marks obtained in the NATA 2017.
- The candidate must contact the institutes personally for admissions if there is no separate entrance examination apart from NATA 2017.
- The candidates are required to produce Class 10th and 12th Mark sheets along with the printout of the NATA 2017 scorecard to the institute for admission to the architecture program.
- NATA 2017 Score Card is considered valid only when the candidate has secured a minimum of 40% marks i.e. 80/200 in NATA 2017.