Mumbai University Common Management Entrance Test (MUCMET) is conducted every year for admission to Integrated BMS+MBA course offered at Mumbai’s Thane Sub Campus.
- 85% seats are reserved for students belonging to Maharashtra.
- Candidates can apply from 1st week of May 2018
- Exam will be conducted tentatively in the last week of May
- The course fee is INR 50,000 per year
- MUCMET is an offline test comprising of 100 questions
- Result will be declared in the month of June 2018
- There is no sectional cut off for MUCMET 2018
Post result declaration, University will release a merit list containing names of selected candidates.
MUCMET Exam Highlights
Given below are the important highlights of MUCMET Exam:
|Exam Name||Mumbai University Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Mumbai University|
|Offered Courses||BMS+MBA Integrated Course|
|Type of Exam||State level|
|Medium of Exam||English|
MUCMET Exam Dates
The table below contains the important dates related to MUCMET 2018. Candidates should note that dates are tentative.
|Commencement of MUCMET Application form||First week of May 2018|
|Last date of Form Submission||May 16, 2018|
|MUCMET Exam Date||May 19, 2018|
|MUCMET Result Date||June 2018|
MUCMET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility criteria for MUCMET is candidate should be class 12th pass.
- Candidate must have done Higher Secondary/Intermediate or equivalent from a recognized board with minimum 45% in any stream
- Minimum cutoff percentage for Reserved category is 40% marks
- Candidate’s maximum age should be below 20 years on or before June 2018
MUCMET 2018 Application Form
The application fee is Rs 500 for General Category and Rs 250 for reserved category. Interested candidates can obtain MUCMET Application form from the official website
- Application form has to be sent along with DD in favor of Finance and Accounts officer, University of Mumbai, Thane Campus
- Candidates can remit fee either online or through demand draft.
MUCMET 2018 Admit Card
- MUCMET Admit card can be downloaded post successful submission of application form
- Candidates can download it by entering their registration number and password
- They have to affix a passport sized photograph on the admit card
- It is mandatory to carry it to the exam center, failing to which candidate will not be allowed to enter the exam hall
MUCMET 2018 Exam Pattern
MUCMET is an offline test. Candidates have to mark their answers using black or blue ball point
- There will be 4 sections in the exam
- Candidates have to attempt 100 questions in 2 hours duration
- For every correct answer, candidate will be given 1 mark
- Negative marking is also applicable in the exam
|Section Name||Number of Questions|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||25|
|Logical and Abstract Engineering||25|
MUCMET 2018 Syllabus
In MUCMET questions are asked from four sections namely Language, Quantitative, Logical and General Awareness
- There is no as such prescribed syllabus for MUCMET 2018
- Candidates can prepare from various management preparation books available
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension: This section deals with the candidate’s skills in English Language. The candidate will be asked questions based on Grammar, Vocabulary, Sentence completion, Synonyms, Antonyms, Choice of appropriate words, Phrases, Expressions, etc. and Reading and Comprehension.
Quantitative Aptitude: This section checks the candidate’s ability of performing accurate numerical calculations, solve arithmetic problems in Averages, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Quantitative Reasoning, Interpretation of numerical tables, Graphs, Charts, etc.
Logical and Abstract Reasoning: This section deals with the candidate’s ability as to how quickly they can think logically and work on data interpretation and questions based on figures, graphs, diagrams, etc.
General Awareness: This section tests the candidate’s knowledge of Current Affairs, Business and Industry, General Knowledge etc.
MUCMET Preparation Books
Given below is the list of books
|Name of Book||Publisher Name||ISBN|
|Aptitude Test Problems in Physics||S.S. Krotov / G.K. Publisher||9351444325|
|Algebra Made easy||K.P. Basu / K. P. Basu Publishing Co.||-|
MUCMET 2018 Reservation
Mumbai University holds special reservation for reserved categories participating in the exam. MUCMET is a merit based exam and candidates are shortlisted as per their ranks and category
Candidates belonging to SBC class (Special Backward Class) are given special reservation of 2%.
MUCMET 2018 Results
MUCMET Result will be declared in the month of June
- Result will be declared in the form of pdf
- Candidate can check their roll numbers in the list
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their ranks
Shortlisted candidates have to report to the designated college carrying the admission fee and documents required