MICAT 2017 Result, Score Card and Cut off
MICAT 2017 conducted by Mudra Institute of Communication (MICA) is a computer based qualifying test for the PGDM-C (Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Communications) admissions offered by MICA, Ahmedabad. The last date to apply for MICAT is November 25, 2017.
- PGDM-C offered by MICA is equivalent to an MBA.
- Admission is done on the basis of the composite scores of the MICAT Test, Group Exercise and Personal interview.
- It is also mandatory for the candidate to appear in CAT, XAT or GMAT.
- PGDM-C is a 2 year full-time course which is approved by AICTE and the Association of Indian University.
- PGDM-C course will be focused on the 3 aspects that are creativity in the thinking, consumer centricity and outreached communications.
Following given specializations are offered to the candidates in the 2nd year of PGDM-C program.
- Brand Management
- Advertising Management
- Marketing Research and Analytics
- Media Management
- Digital Communication Management
- Social Change Leadership
MICAT 2017 Highlights
|Exam name||MICA Admission Test|
|Type||National Level Screening Test|
|Courses||PGDM-C (Graduate Diploma in Management – Communication)|
|Managed by||Mudra Institute of Communication Ahmedabad|
|Qualifying exam||Minimum 50% in bachelor’s degree|
MICAT 2017 Exam Dates
MICAT will be conducted twice for selection of PGDM-C 2017-18 batch. Better of the two MICAT Scores will be considered for the admissions. It is essential for the applicants to know all the important dates of MICAT 2017 so the candidate do not miss any deadlines. Following is the schedule of both MICAT exams.
|MICAT 2017||MICAT 2017 Exam Dates|
|MICAT – 1 Registration opens||September 30, 2017|
|MICAT – 1 Registration closes||November 25, 2017|
|Issue of MICAT 1 Admit Card||December 02, 2017|
|Date of MICAT – 1||December 11, 2017|
|MICAT – 1 Score||December 19, 2017|
|MICAT – 2 Registration opens||January 03, 2018|
|MICAT – 2 Registartion closes||January 31, 2018|
|Issue of MICAT – 2 Admit Card||February 06, 2018|
|Date of MICAT – 2||February 12, 2018|
|MICAT - 2 Score||February 20, 2018|
|GE - PI - Shortlist||Febraury 23, 2018|
|GE - PI Ahmedabad (MICA)||March 9, 10 & 11, 2018|
|GE - PI all cities||March 17, 18, 19 & 20, 2018|
|Final results||March 31, 2018|
MICAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
It is mandatory that before the beginning of the online registration, the candidate can check his status of eligibility by checking the clauses in eligibility conditions. It is required to satisfy each and every norm otherwise the applicant will be considered as ineligible.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree, with the 10+2+3 system, or an equivalent qualification from a recognized university or by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- They must also have valid scores of any one of the national level management test, namely, CAT, XAT or GMAT to be eligible.
- Students in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for the test.
Foreign Nationals/ NRI: Applicants need to have a valid GMAT Score taken after 2012 and a passport.
Read More MICAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
MICAT 2017 Application Form
The candidates must make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before they register themselves for MICAT. If the candidates fail to satisfy the eligibility criteria, then their candidature will be cancelled irrespective of the stage of admission. On successful submission of MICAT application form, candidates must print the form submission receipt and also a copy of the submitted form for future reference. MICAT 2017 application form process will have four important steps to be completed before final submission. It is only after the completion of these steps that the candidates would be successfully registered for MICAT 2017. The four steps for the MICAT application form 2017 are:
- Online Registration
- Fill the MICAT application form
- Make Payment
- Preview filled application form
To fill in the application form for MICAT, the candidates can follow the steps provided below –
- Click on the link or access the registration window given here on this page to begin with the registration.
- Click on the “New Registration” and fill the details such as Applicant name, mobile number, email address, security code and agree to the terms & conditions. After filling these details in the registration form, click on “Submit”.
- On submission of the registration form, the MICAT 2017 User Id and Password will be generated. The candidates must then login as “existing user” using their respective login credentials. After logging in, they will be able to access the MICAT 2017 Application Form.
- In the form, the candidates will have to fill their Personal details, postal address, education details, experience details, test city, upload a photograph in the requisite format & size.
- Submit all the required details to reach the payment page.
- Lastly, pay the application fee.
- Take a print out of the submitted form and keep it safe for future reference.
MICAT Application Fee 2017
To complete the application process, the candidates are required to pay a non-refundable application fee. To pay this fee, the candidates can either opt for the online method or offline method. The mode of payment and the amount of the registration fee has been given in the table below –
Amount of MICAT Application Fee
INR 1965 (for all category applicants)
Mode of payment
Using Credit/Debit Card
Deposit the fee in cash against the SBI challan at any nearest SBI branch
Through DD, drawn in favor of “MICA” payable at Ahmedabad
MICAT 2017 Admit Card
Admit Card of MICAT 2017 will be released only in the online mode; therefore, downloading is the only way to obtain the same. The students can download the admit card by using the link which will be hosted here soon after its official release. The admit card is important from the examination point of view and needed to be preserved. The steps to download MICAT 2017 admit card is quite simple and mentioned here for the students.
- Visit the official website of MICAT.
- Log-in using registered id and password which was auto generated during the registration process.
- Click on the admit card link.
- Then candidates are needed to enter their application number and Date of Birth in the given column to generate the admit card.
- After filling the details hit the “Submit” button.
- MICAT 2017 Admit Card will be displayed on the desktop.
- Download the Admit Card and take its printouts for further use.
Check Here MICAT 2017 Admit Card
MICAT 2017 Exam Pattern
Entrance test will be held in Computer-Based mode. There will be two test booklets in the exam. The Paper 1 will contain Descriptive questions while the Paper 2 will contain Objective questions. The paper will be divided into six sections, namely –
- Psychometric Test
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Ability
- General Awareness
- Divergent – Convergent Reasoning
- Descriptive test
Section 1 consists of four descriptive questions. The Paper 2 Section 1 is the Psychometric Test, which includes 30 statements. General Knowledge section has 25 questions and Reasoning and Verbal Ability has 35 questions. Hence, the total number of questions is 94.
|Paper 1||No. of Questions||Paper 2||No. of Multiple Choice Questions|
|Argument Writing||4 Descriptive type of Questions||Part I||Psychometric Test||30|
|Story Writing||Part II||Reasoning and Verbal Ability||35|
|Essay Writing||Part III||General Knowledge||25|
MICAT Marking Scheme 2017
The total marks of the MICAT paper are not declared by MICA. There is no negative marking for the Section 1 and the Paper 1 of Section 2. The Paper 2 and Paper 3 have 25 per cent negative marking in case of wrong answers.
Read More MICAT Exam Pattern 2017
MICAT 2017 Result
Result of MICAT 2017 will be published in the online mode and, therefore, the students should know the procedure to check the same. The requests for altering or modifying the result will not be entertained by the official exam authority. The steps to check the result are mentioned here.
- Candidates need to Log on to the official website of MICAT.
- Enter your MICA ID on the provided space.
- Click on Result tab.
- After that, the students will have to enter the essential details such as:
- Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- Application number
- After verifying the details, the aspirant will have to submit the same.
- On submitting the details, the MICAT Score Card will be displayed on the computer screen which can be downloaded for the future reference.
MICAT 2017 Syllabus
MICAT Syllabus 2017 comprises topics and sub-topics of all the sections of the main entrance exam from which the final exam paper will be designed. All the candidates are advised to prepare for the final exam keeping the Syllabus of MICAT in mind. The test will be held in a computer-based mode and it will contain two papers i.e. Paper I and Paper II. To prepare for Paper I, the candidates can go through the following topics –
- General Awareness
- Written Ability
- Psychometric Test
Read More MICAT Syllabus
MICAT 2017 Selection Process
The selection process of PGDM-C involves three steps:
- CAT (2016), XAT (2017) and GMAT (2015 onwards) Scores Each candidate has to take at least one of the three exams: CAT (2016), XAT (2017) and GMAT (2015 onwards).
- MICAT twice in an academic year MICAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT). Each candidate who applies to MICA with CAT (2016), XAT (2017) and GMAT (2015 onwards) will be called for MICAT, subject to their application form being complete and accepted by MICA.
- Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI) Based on their performance in the MICA Admission Test (MICAT), candidates are shortlisted for Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI). Shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Exercise and Personal Interview at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
Read More MICA Admissions