MHT CET is a state level examination held every year for the candidates willing to get admission in various Undergraduate Engineering, Health Science, and Pharmacy programs into colleges across Maharashtra state. However, it is not that easy to get into these colleges. Aspirants for MHT CET must go through rigid preparation to score better and optimize the opportunity of getting into a good institute. Candidates planning to prepare for MHT CET 2017 must prepare themselves and be strategic with their preparation. Following are some preparation tips to the aspirants on how to crack MHT CET 2017:
- Master the basics- If you have your concepts clear then you don’t have to worry much on the concepts. It is very important to be thorough with the syllabus and practice accordingly. It helps in solving the predicted questions in the minimum time possible during the examination.
- Work on tricks and shortcuts- The candidates must try to lessen the time per question. Solving questions with the long methods, waste lots of time. For this there is a better option to go with the short tricks. This saves a lot of time. To have a good command over short tricks, practice is a must. But make sure they work in the type of questions you attempt otherwise candidates will instead lose their marks.
- Regular revision- Gradual and regular revision makes the candidates familiar with the types of questions and exam pattern. Do revision on the proper timings and give more time to the weak areas.
- Better time management- Management of time cannot be made in a day practice, it can be improved by die-hard practice. Candidates who have cleared MHT CET had a very good time management.
- Plan your study- This is the very important step for the preparation. Every candidate must plan and allocate his time to studies and stick to the plan. Allot the time according to the difficulty level of the sections and time taken by it. The candidates must make sure that every section is covered. All the hours and days before the exam must be organized.
- Solve mock tests- Yes it is true ‘more practice, more marks.’ This strategy turns out to be fruitful for every candidate. Candidates should solve other management exams also. These tests will make them familiarize with their weak as well as strong points.
- Take regular breaks- The candidates should go for shorter studying sessions rather than long ones. During the preparation for MHT CET 2017, candidates must keep in mind that studying for long intervals will make their brain laborious. Candidates must take short but regular breaks so that the mind stays fresh and rejuvenated so that the mind grasps everything in one go.
- Study at your best time- There is always a time when one is too drowsy or hungry or distracted. There is also a time when one is completely concentrated and fresh. One must identify his time when the mind is fresh and grasps everything easily and in no time. One must realize if he is a day-time learner or a night-time. A candidate must study at the time when his concentration is at the peak to make the most out of it.
- Smart preparation- Hard work always pays, but efforts in the right direction with the right approach at right time never turns into a waste. So start your preparation in a smarter way as soon as possible.
- Study material- A good study material plays vital role in preparation for exams. Referring many books create confusion in the mind but you can refer any good book which has good concepts in it.
Reference Books for MHT CET 2017
There is a major role of reference books during preparation of any entrance exam. More than the other reference books, textbooks are the books that should be referred first. You can say, CET is totally based on textbooks. So, before referring to reference book, mug up the textbooks and then jump over other books. Once the concepts are clear, candidates can solve any type of question. Given below is a list of reference books for MHT CET 2016-
READ MORE ABOUT MHT CET Practice Papers
MHT CET Engineering Entrance Exam Author: Editorial Compilation
MHT CET (CD Rom) Author: Upaveda Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
MHT CET Chemistry (Marvel) For XII Science Author: Mayur Mehta, Chitra Joshi, Rekha Diwekar
MHT CET Physics (Marvel) for XII Science Author: Bapat
Physics (Volume I and II) Author: H.C. Verma
MHT CET Mathematics (Marvel) For XII Science Author: Hemant G Ainapure
Complete Reference Manual MH-CET Biology Author: Arihant
Given below are some of the preparation tips by the candidates who cleared MHT CET before-
Santosh Das Says, “Make Your Friendship With Good Books”
He appeared for MHT CET 2006. He thanked his coaching classes and the way of teaching that made him to clear the entrance. He says, any student can clear the exam by just focusing on the regular lectures. He says, it is good if any candidate follows best books as their reference and make them as your best friends.
“Practice till you become perfect”, Says Pranesh Naik
He says, google is the best to search all the exam related updates, mock tests and other details. At the time when he appeared for the MHT CET, there was no craze of internet but it is a boon nowadays for the aspiring candidates for MHT CET. He shares his experience of how he prepared for MHT CET in 2006.
“Focus on basics and be quick while solving the answers” Says Erika Fernandes
In everyone’s life, there is someone who plays a crucial role. Erika thanks her coaching classes for this achievement. She says, the main target should be on the basics, if they are clear then the battle is have done. She says, studying from websites provides a fair playing ground to everyone. She shares her preparation tips to ace MHT CET 2017.