MHT CET 2017 Result, Merit List
MHT CET 2017 successfully concluded on May 11, 2017. It is conducted annually by DTE Maharashtra for B.E./B.Tech, B.Pharma and Pharm.D admissions in Maharashtra. Candidates can check some latest updates about MHT CET 2017 below:
- MHT CET Results have been declared at the official website of DTE Maharashtra on June 04, 2017. Check Here MHT CET Results
- Last date to challenge MHT CET 2017 question paper or answer key through registered email id is May 28, 2017
- May 26: MHT CET 2017 Official Answer Keys and Scanned OMR Sheets uploaded by DTE, Maharashtra. Check MHT CET 2017 Answer Key, Question Paper and Analysis
- Around 3.44 lakhs candidates appeared for B.Tech while 90,545 candidates appeared for Pharmacy courses.
- Post declaration of MHT CET result, CAP (Centralized Admission Process) will begin in August on the basis of MHT CET Cut off.
Collegedunia team has prepared MHT CET 2017 Rank Predictor using last 3 years cut off data available. Some interesting insights about MHT CET Cut off are
- If you score marks between 190-200 then it is expected that you will rank in top 50.
- Usually counselling process is extended till 3 rounds. If further still seats remain vacant an open counselling round is organised.
- Candidates can predict their ranks using MHT CET Rank Predictor below:-
MHT CET Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||MHT CET 2017|
|Conducting Body||State Common Entrance Cell|
|Total Colleges Participating||153|
|Engineering Seats offered||154254|
|Medical and Dental seats offered||9000|
MHT CET 2017 Result Date
MHT CET is scheduled on May 11, 2017 as declared by DTE Maharashtra. Candidates can check other important exam dates for MHT CET exam given below:
|Availability of Application Form||February 14, 2017|
|Last Date to Apply||March 23, 2017|
|Last Date for Fee Remittance||March 28, 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 25, 2017|
|Exam Date||May 11, 2017|
|MHT CET 2017 Result Date||June 04, 2017 (Declared- Check Here)|
|Display of Merit List||June 14, 2017|
Latest B.Tech Application Forms Available
MHT CET 2017 Eligibility
The basic eligibility for MHT CET is that you should have passed Class 12. However, the eligibility criteria vary for different courses as mentioned below:
For Engineering Courses
- Applicant must be an Indian National.
- Candidate should have passed the HSC examination from Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with Physics, Mathematics, English and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- Candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for Backward class categories and PwD candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject added together.
For Pharmacy Courses
Applicant should have completed class 12 with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology /Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject. For open category, the minimum percentage criteria is 45% and for reserved category, it is 40%.There is no age limit for this course.
For Allied Health Science Courses
Candidates should have passed Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects. They should be medically fit and should be born on or after December 2000.
MHT CET 2017 Application form
MHT CET 2017 Application form can be filled in online only. The application process concluded on March 30, 2017. MHT CET 2017 Registration includes 4 main steps- Registration, Filling up of application form, Uploading of documents and Fee payment. The detailed steps for filling up of MHT CET Application Form are mentioned below:-
- Visit official website- dtemaharashtra.gov.in
- Click on “Apply online” link
- Apply under New Registration tab
- Applicants should make sure that they hold a valid email id and relevant documents before applying
- After registration, Fill in the application form which includes personal details and Educational details
- Upload photograph and signature as per the specified specifications
- Last step is of fee payment, Candidates have to pay following amount as per the categories they fall in
MHT CET 2017 Application Fee
|Category||Amount (INR)||Bank Commission (INR)|
Candidates who wish to take admission in B.Tech and B.Arch have to apply for JEE Main 2017. Application forms are available on JEE Main official website. Last date to submit form is January 17, 2017.
MHT CET 2017 Exam Centers
MHT CET exam will be conducted at 35 centers in Maharashtra. Candidates can choose their preferred exam centers while registering for the exam. List of available test centers for MHT CET 2017 is mentioned below:
MHT CET 2017 Admit Card
MHT CET admit card is available on dtemaharashtra.gov.in. from April 24 onwards. Along with admit card, a Valid Identity Proof such PAN card, Aadhaar Card should be carried to the exam centers. Candidates download it via following steps:-
- Visit official website- www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in
- In the right hand, click on download admit card link
- Enter application form number and password
- Take a print out of admit card
Along with admit card, candidates have to carry following documents to the examination hall :-
- Valid Id Proof such as school identity card, College Id card, PAN Card, Aadhar card etc
- Attach a photograph on your identity proof.
MHT CET 2017 Exam Pattern
There are 3 papers in the exam. Paper 1 consists of 50 MCQs each from Physics and Chemistry. Paper 2 consists 50 questions on Biology and Zoology. There will be 50 questions from Mathematics in Paper 3. All the three papers will be set from the Class 12 Syllabus of HSC Board of Maharashtra. Candidates are therefore advised to go through the syllabus of HSC examination recommended by HSC Board of Maharashtra for all the subjects i.e., Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
Main Highlights of Exam Pattern
- Objective type questions in Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be of 1 mark each.
- Questions in Paper 3 will carry 2 marks each. A candidate can attempt a maximum of 200 questions for Health sciences and 150 questions for Engineering degree courses while those applying for Pharmacy degree courses can attempt either 150, 200 or 250 questions depending on which paper and how many papers they are appearing for. One mark will be awarded to the examinees for each correct response.
- There is no negative marking in MHT CET 2017 so candidates have the option of making thoughtful guesses.
- All the 3 papers are of 1 hour 30 minutes duration each. Candidates appearing for Paper 1 and Paper 2 will have to answer 100 MCQs in 90 Minutes which is even less than a minute per question. Those appearing for Paper 3 will have to answer 50 questions in 90 minutes.
- Paper 1 (Physics and Chemistry) and Paper 2 (Biology) will be conducted in English, Marathi and Urdu while Paper 3 (Mathematics) will be conducted in English only.
MHT CET 2017 Syllabus and Important Books
Aspirants interested in Pharmacy and Engineering have to give all the three papers.
Paper 1:consists of Physics and Chemistry questions and is compulsory for all the aspirants. There are 100 questions in total and every question carries 1 mark. Each paper has a time allotted of 90 minutes.
Paper 2: is Biology which has two sections - Zoology and Botany. It consists of 100 questions, 50 from Zoology and 50 from Botany and each question carries 1 mark. This paper can be given by Pharmacy and Health Science aspirants.
Paper 3: It has questions from Mathematics. There are 50 questions of 2 marks each.
Check MHT CET 2017 Syllabus
|Book Name||Author Name||ISBN|
|Complete Reference Manual MHT CET for Physics||Arihant Publishers||9352038622|
|Complete Reference Manual MHT CET for Chemistry||Arihant Publishers||9352038606|
|Complete Reference Manual MHT CET for Mathematics||Dr. Sushil Verma||9350941449|
|24 Practice Papers for MHT CET Engineering 2016||Arihant Publications||9385929836|
|Complete Reference Manual MHT CET Biology 2016||Arihant Publications||9352038592|
MHT CET 2017 Results
MHT CET Results will be announced on June 04, 2017 on the official website. MHT CET 2017 Scores are valid only for the current academic session. MHT CET 2017 Provisional Answer key will be made available for candidates to download soon.
- The first merit list is published within 10 days of result declaration
- Only the candidates who have obtained 50% marks in HSC will be eligible for MBBS/BDS admissions in Maharashtra
- Last year, Out of 2,75,367 candidates who appeared for MHT CET 2017 only 46,797 candidates were eligible for MBBS/BSDS admissions
How to check MHT CET 2017 Results?
- Visit MHT CET official website- www.dmer.org
- Under News and Updates section, click on MHT CET Result link
- Enter your roll numbar and Date of Birth
- Click on submit button
MHT CET 2017 Cut off
Post declaration of results, DTE Maharashtra releases merit list on the basis of MHT CET Cutoff. Marks equal to or more than the prescribed cut-off should be scored for admission to the concerned branch. Candidates are advised to check MHT CET 2017 Cut off to estimate their ranks. They can check below last year closing ranks for different participating institutes-
MHT CET 2016 BAMS Cut Off
MHT CET 2017 Counselling
- MHT CET 2017 Counselling for Engineering and Medical Courses will commence in June 2017.
- The first two rounds will be done through centralised admission process.
- The third round will be conducted for Maharashtra state candidates in offline mode only.
- In the third level counselling, the reserved seats will be treated as general seats.
- Candidates can check their MHT CET Counselling Dates at the regional centers for different categories.
- They will be required to fill the preference form for counselling rounds to indicate the choice of colleges and courses in decreasing order of preference.
MHT CET 2017 Counselling for MBBS
- For MBBS and BDS admissions 2017, DTE Maharashtra will consider NEET score.
- The Maharashtra State seats are bifurcated in 2 quots- All India Quota and Home State Quota. Medical Council Committee and Directorate of General Health Service will conduct it for All India Quota seats.
- For rest of the 85% seats, State authority will conduct the authority.
- As per the last year trends, around 9000 Medical and Dental seats are available in Maharashtra. Out of which 7300 seats are for MBBS while 1700 are reserved for BDS programmes.