MAT Result for May session was declared on May 24, 2017. Candidates can visit the official website of AIMA i.e. aima.in to check their MAT Result. They must log in using their roll number, application form number and month of the test to access the same.
- MAT Result will be valid for one year.
- MAT scorecard will also be sent to every candidate’s respective address.
- Post declaration of MAT Result, institutes accepting MAT score will call all the shortlisted candidates for a Written Ability Test, followed by a Group Discussion/ Personal Interview round.
For Management Aptitude Test (MAT) 2017, the offline exam will be conducted on September 03, 2017, while the online exam will be held on September 09, 2017. AIMA will the release MAT Cut off, which will form the basis for admission to different colleges. MAT is a popular exam for candidates seeking admission to management courses in Finance, HR, Marketing, Operations and International Business.
Check MAT 2017 Participating Colleges
Highlights of MAT Result
|Declaration of MAT Result (September)||Last week of September 2017|
|MAT Result is declared by ||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|MAT Result will be declared on||www.aima.in|
|Details required to check MAT Result||Roll Number, Application Form Number, and Month of Test|
|Validity of MAT Result||1 year|
|MAT Result on SMS||MATS Form No. DOB (ddmmyy) to 54242|
|MAT Result is applicable to|
700+ MBA programs
How to Check MAT Result?
MAT Result for September session will be announced on the official website of AIMA in the last week of September. Keep handy your roll number, application form number and password to check the same. Steps to check MAT result are as follows:
- Visit the official website of AIMA i.e. aima.in
- Click on the “MAT 2017 RESULT” tab
- A log-in screen will open. Enter your roll number, form number and month of test
- Click Submit to view your MAT Scorecard
- Download Result for future reference
MAT Result on SMS
AIMA provides MAT Result on SMS to all the candidates who appeared. This facility has been introduced to ease the whole result checking procedure. To get MAT Result on SMS, the candidate can send the following message- “MATS Form No. DOB (ddmmyy) to 54242”.
For example- MATS 200492 031480 to 54242.
Note- The contact number is applicable to all phone operators.
MAT 2017 Score Card
MAT Score Card 2017 is a document issued by All India Management Association (AIMA) once result is declared. Candidates may also view/download the MAT Score from AIMA website i.e. www.aima.in, after 3 weeks from the date of the test. It is also dispatched through normal post during the last week of the month of the test. MAT score card will contain all the necessary information which determines the score of the candidate for future correspondence. The details mentioned in the score card are:
- Name of the candidate
- Form No.
- Test month and year
- Roll No.
- Date of birth
- Work experience in months
- Scaled scores in different subjects
- Score card will represent the marks of different subjects. These subjects are Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Composite Score, and Indian and Global Environment. MAT score is valid for one year from the month of its declaration.
- Candidates may clarify queries regarding MAT Score, if any, at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and at helpline 011-47673020.
- MAT Score is acceptable even to certain other Institutes for considering admission of candidates for Post Graduate Degree / Diploma programmes, subject to specific cut-off marks and other admission parameters.
Duplicate MAT Score Card
- Candidates who did not receive their score card can apply for a duplicate score card.
- The queries for a duplicate score card will be entertained by the authorities only after the 15th of the subsequent month. The procedure for obtaining the duplicate score card is as follows:
- The candidate has to submit an application on a plain paper requesting for a duplicate score card.
- Photocopy of the lower half of the admit card, which was signed by the invigilator or some Govt. ID proof.
- On a self-addressing envelope of 24cm by 12cm size, the address must be written in capital letters and a postal stamp must be affixed of INR 40 to send by Speed Post.
- The above-mentioned document must be then sent to:
Manager - CMS
All India Management Association
14, Institutional Area
New Delhi – 110003
- All the applications for the duplicate score card, until 45 days of the declaration of MAT result, will be entertained free of cost. Any late applications will be charged with INR 100 in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favor of All India Management Association, payable at Delhi.
Scoring in MAT 2017
We all know that MAT is held after every 3 months. All of these test papers may vary in difficulty each time. These slight differences are accounted for during the scaling process. As a result of these adjustments, equal scaled scores in MAT result represent about the same level of ability, as measured by the MAT test, regardless of the administration or when the MAT exam was taken.
MAT Result will represent scores of 6 subjects viz. Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning and Indian & Global Environment. Here are some important points about them:
- Scores for all sections except Indian & Global Environment are reported on scales ranging from 0-100. Here, the score below 20 or above 80 is rare.
- In MAT 2017 (September), composite scores will be reported on a scale ranging from 199 to 801. Here, scores below 200 and above 800 is rare.
- These uncommon scores in result i.e. all below 200 are reported as 199 and all above 800 are reported as 801.
- For the subject Indian & Global Environment, a separate score is calculated on a scale of 0-100. This section is not considered while calculating the percentile score and merit position. Here, scores below 20 or above 80 are rare.
- Composite score in MAT is calulated with these 4 subjects only since they relate to specific skills that one acquires over a long period of time. Hence, all these sectiona carry equal marks.
- Along with these scores, a percentile figure is also given below the score in the score card for Result. Each of these indicates the percentage of examinees who scored below the Candidate based on the entire MAT testing population for the test. The percentile figure in MAT result may change marginally with each MAT exam.
Read More About MAT Score Validity
MAT 2017 Cut off
MAT Cutoff is the minimum percentage which is released by AIMA. This cutoff is used for the selection of candidates. Other than MAT Cut off released by AIMA, the participating colleges of MAT also release their separate cutoff. Candidates fulfilling the minimum cutoff criteria can apply using their MAT Score card. It can be downloaded from the official website.
The general trend for MAT Cutoff marks of the top B-Schools is given below. We observe that Management Development Institute (MDI) demands the highest marks in MAT i.e. 600. Rest of the top colleges require marks between 400-500.
|Name of B-School||Marks|
|Management Development Institute (MDI)||600|
|Christ Institute of Management||400|
|IFIM Business School||500|
|SRM school and SRM University||500|
|M S Ramaiah Institute of Management||500|
Check Top B-Schools accepting MAT Score above 600
MAT 2017 Selection Process
- The selection process varies from B-School to B-School. Usually, after the candidate has taken the entrance test, a merit list is issued by the colleges and accordingly, candidates are called for the next step of the admission process. This includes group discussion and personal interview.
- If a candidate clears the group discussion and personal interview as per the rules of the college applied to, he is granted admission to his chosen course and college. Some colleges also have additional selection criteria of written ability test or essay writing rounds along with the GD and PI rounds.
- The majority of the management colleges now give higher weightage to a candidate’s performance in the written test. This is so because it is easier to judge a candidate’s view-points while he is writing, unlike in GD/PI. Also, a soft-spoken candidate often loses his chance in a GD round. So, we advise you to score well in MAT 2017.
- This year, approximately 600 B-Schools will be accepting MAT Result that offers more than 700 MBA programs.
Read More About MAT 2017 Counselling