MAT 2017 - Management Aptitude Test
MAT May 2017: MAT is a national level MBA entrance test held for admissions to MBA/PGDM programs in top B- schools of India. It is conducted four times a year in the month of Feb, May, Sept and Dec. The exam is conducted in both online and offline mode.
- MAT May session has been successfully conducted on May 13, 2017, in online mode. Check Here MAT May 2017 Paper Analysis
- MAT Result for May session has been declared on May 24, 2017.
- Now, the next session of MAT 2017 will be conducted on September 3 (offline) and September 9 (online).
- The expected MAT Cut off for top B-schools is 95+ percentile. Check MAT Cut off
MAT 2017 is an objective type test which consists of 200 MCQs based on 5 sections- Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Mathematical Skills and Indian & Global Environment. The duration of the exam is 2 hours 30 minutes. Each question carries 1 mark and for marking wrong answer, ¼ marks would be deducted as a penalty.
MAT 2017 Exam Highlights
|Name of the Exam||MAT (Management Aptitude Test)|
|Conducting Authority||AIMA (All India Management Association)|
|Exam Category||National Level|
|Periodicity||Four times a year (Feb, May, Sept and Dec)|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Date of Exam||May 7 & May 13, 2017|
|Mode of Exam||Offline and Online|
|Medium of Exam||English Language|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||200 Objective Type Questions|
|Sections||5 (Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Mathematical Skills and Indian & Global Environment)|
MAT 2017 Important Dates
With the completion of the February phase of MAT 2017, the schedule for MAT May 2017 has been devised. The table below consists of all the events and dates which candidates need to keep in mind for the successful writing of MAT May 2017 Exam:
|MAT Application for May 2017 starts from||March 3, 2017|
|Last date to submit filled in application (for offline applicants)||April 28, 2017|
|Last date for MAT Application for online mode||May 5, 2017 (Extended)|
|MAT Admit Card will release on||May 1, 2017|
|MAT 2017 (offline test)||May 7, 2017|
|MAT 2017 (computer based test)||May 13, 2017|
|MAT Result will be declared on||Last week of May 2017|
MAT Eligibility Criteria
All candidates looking to apply for MAT 2017 May session must check their eligibility to appear for the exam. The basic eligibility criteria for appearing in MAT is you should be a graduate in any discipline from any recognized university or possess equivalent recognized degree.:
- Candidate must have passed from a recognized institute or university. An institute or a university recognized under University Grants Commission.
- Candidates are eligible to apply irrespective of the subjects studied in their under-graduation. These under-graduation streams could be Medicine, Engineering, Commerce or even Political Science.
- Candidates in final year of graduation are eligible to apply for MAT 2017 on conditional basis. Admission on conditional basis means that the candidates will be required to clear the final year exam before starting their studies in a management school. If a candidate is unable to pass the examination, the admission will be revoked.
- It is not required for candidate to have prior work-experience. However, information about work experience may be asked during the application.
- There is no limit on the age.
Latest MBA Application Forms
MAT Application Form
MAT May 2017 Application Form can be filled and submitted in any of the modes- online or offline. The last date to complete MAT Application Form for May 2017 is extended to May 05, 2017 by AIMA.
MAT registration process primarily involves 3 steps – Filling application form, Uploading photograph & signature and payment of application fee. The steps involved in filling MAT 2017 Application Form are mentioned below:
- Candidates should visit the official website of MAT to apply.
- Next, a candidate has to click on the “Apply for MAT 2017” button to navigate to the registration page of the MAT.
- Click on Apply for MAT 2017
- Candidates must also have a valid e-mail ID & a mobile number to complete the registration process as well as for future correspondences.
- One has to choose a password of 8 to 13 characters with a capital letter, a small letter, a special character and a number.
- Candidates must ensure that they have filled correct details which must match with the other relevant documents.
- The scanned images i.e., coloured passport size recent photograph and signature must match the prescribed notifications.
- Finally, candidates have to pay the stipulated application fee using either Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or Demand Draft.
- After Paying the application fee, candidates can successfully submit their form.
Candidates can later check the status of their MAT 2017 Application Form. Once the payment has been made, no changes can be done.
MAT Application Fee
There are two modes available for payment of application fee: Demand Draft and Credit/Debit/Net Banking. In case a candidate has chosen Demand Draft for the mode of payment then he has to make a DD of INR 1400 in favor of “All India Management Association” payable at Delhi. The DD should reach the following address o or before the last day of submission of MAT Application Form-
Manager - MAT
All India Management Association
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003
MAT Admit Card
Candidates who have chosencomputer based test should strictly follow the date and time allotted to them and mentioned on MAT Admit Card. They must carry their admit card to the exam center as it is a mandatory document for the exam purpose.
Candidates can download MAT Admit Card for May 2017 session from May 01, 2017 onwards. Enter MAT Application Form number, Email ID and Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY) roll number and Date of Birth to download MAT Admit Card.
You need to carry this admit card along with you to the examination hall, failing which you will not be allowed to enter the exam hall. Along with this admit card you have to carry any one of the following photo identity card to the exam center-
- PAN card
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter Card
MAT Admit Card will hold the following information:
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Registration number
- Category of the candidate
- Candidate’s photograph
- Course applied
- Test venue
- Date and time of the examination
- Reporting time
MAT Exam Pattern
If you have to prepare well for the entrance exam, you must do the preparations according to the MAT Exam Pattern. You need to practice enough MAT Practice Tests within the time duration of the actual exam in order to get an idea about how good your chances are and what all are your weak areas. Following are the details of MAT 2017:
- You can appear for any mode of the exam- online or offline.
- MAT is an objective type test which consists of 200 MCQs. 40 questions from each- Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Mathematical Skills and Indian & Global Environment.
- Exam Duration and Timing: MAT will be of 2 hours and 30 minutes in duration. Paper based test will be held from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm. Whereas online mode of exam will take place in multiple shifts.
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 1 mark. On marking wrong answer, ¼ marks would be deducted as a penalty.
- There is no section-time limit and thus, you can move back and forth between sections.
- MAT Paper Analysisis very important, so as to understand how much time should be devoted to a single section. This will help the candidates’ in scoring better and complete the exam efficiently.
MAT Syllabus is extensive and you need to start your preparations beforehand as it is not so to achieve a good percentile in it. Some of the topics covered in sections of MAT Exam are given below:
|Mathematical Skills||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||Language Comprehension||Indian & Global Environment|
|Geometry||Graphs||Critical Reasoning||Verbal Reasoning||Geography|
|Arithmetic Progression||Column Graphs||Visual Reasoning||Syllogisms||Current Affairs|
|Installment Payments||Bar Graphs||Assumption-Premise-Conclusion||Contextual usage||Business|
|Ratios and Proportions||Line Charts||Assertion and reasons||Analogies||Major corporate events|
|Arithmetic Mean||Pie Charts||Statements and assumptions||Sentence completion||Science|
|Logarithm||Graphs representing Area||Matrix arrangements||Idioms||Social issues|
|Work and Time||Venn Diagram||Coding and Decoding||Sentence Correction||International organizations|
Preparation Books for MAT 2017
There are many books available in markets these days. But, to gain a safe percentile, you need to make a safe choice. Thus, for the Best MAT Exam Preparation, go through the enlisted best books which use simple yet effective language, so that you are able to clear all your basic concepts with details.
- Mission MBA guide by B.S. Sijwali and Tarun Goyal by Arihant
- MAT entrance exam with practice CD by GKP
- The Pearson MAT super course with CD by Pearson
- Study package for MAT by Arun Sharma
- 10 challengers MAT: 10 mock tests for MAT by Dharmendra Mittal
- MAT score accelerator by Disha publications
- MAT solved papers by Disha experts
- Barron’s guide for MAT by Eugene D. Jaffe
- MAT Entrance guide by Deepak Aggarwal
Candidates can check their results by entering the 6-digit Registration Form Number. and 9-digit roll no. The original copy of the MAT score card will also be sent to candidates’ address. Candidates who do not receive the score card by normal post can download the duplicate copy from the official website. Click Here to check MAT Result
MAT Result can also be checked via SMS as: MATS FORMNO DOB(ddmmyy) to 54242.
For e.g.: MATS 200193 030992 to 54242
How to check MAT Result?
MAT Result for May session will be announced on the official website of AIMA. Keep handy your roll number, application form number and password to check the same. Steps to check MAT result are as follows:
- Visit the official website of AIMA at www.aima.in
- Under the Quick Links Tab, select MAT Result
- A log-in screen will open. Enter your roll number, form number and month of test
- Click Submit to view your MAT Scorecard
- Download Result for future reference
Validity of MAT Score Card
MAT scores are valid only for the current academic session to enrol in most of the management institutions covered by MAT.
Candidate can avail admission within this one year in different management courses such as Finance, HR, Marketing, Operations, and International Business, Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology and Management (PGDITM) in IT Marketing, E-Commerce, Information System Management etc.
Applying to MAT Participating Colleges
Candidates have to apply to MAT Participating Colleges before or after the exam for which they want to take the admission. They can apply for the 5 colleges. For applying to the colleges, follow the given below procedure:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the link for the applying in colleges
- Enter the Registration Number and DOB
- Click on submit button
- Apply for the colleges
- Save the form
If a candidate wishes to apply for additional colleges then they have to fill up the form and send it to the AIMA’s address. An additional fee of INR 75 per college has to be paid by them if they are applying before the test date else they have to pay INR 100 per college.
MAT 2017 Expected Cut Off
MAT Cut Off will be announced by AIMA after the declaration of MAT Result. It is expected that MAT cut off will go high this year. The reason behind the high cut off is the number of candidates appearing for the exam, level of difficulty of the exam and reservation norms. These are some of the factors that affect the MAT Cut Off. The given below graph indicates the Expected MAT Cut Off for May 2017 session based on previous year cut off trends:
After the declaration of MAT Result, MAT Counselling will be conducted for admission to MBA and PGDM programs in MAT participating colleges. Candidates can find the counselling notification on the official website of AIMA at www.aima.in. They will be allotted seats in the colleges they get admission to based on their scores in the exam. Registration for online counselling is important in order to participate in it on the provided date. Submission of counseling fee should also be done online. Candidates can also apply for offline counselling, in this the candidates need to report at the allocated reporting centre.
At the time of MAT counseling, it is essential to bring all your documents such as admit card, rank card, original certificates, caste certificates if any and at least 6 passport size black and white and color photographs. Seats will be allotted to according to the merit list.