MAH MCA CET Exam Dates and Application form
MAH MCA CET or Maharashtra MCA CET is conducted by DTE Maharashtra for admission to 1st year or 2nd-year lateral entry in MCA programme in Maharashtra. It is scheduled on March 19, 2017.
The minimum eligibility to apply is that the candidate should possess a minimum 3 year Bachelor’s degree in any stream. The application form is available on the MAH MCA CET official website, dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mca2017 fromFebruary 6-28, 2017. Application fee is INR 1000/- for open category and INR 800/- for Reserved category students.
|MAH MCA CET Application Process||MAH MCA CET Exam Dates||MAH MCA CET Exam Pattern||MAH MCA CET Admit Card|
Exam is conducted online in multiple sessions. There are 2 sections namely General Aptitude and General Awareness to be completed in 90 minutes.Total number of questions is 100. There are 25questions from each section. For every correct answer 4 marks are awarded.
MAH MCA 2017 Results is set to be announced on March 27, 2017, Based on which various institutes of Maharashtra will grant admission. Seats will be allotted through a Common Admission Process. The CAP for MAH MCA CET 2017 is expected to start in the first week of July.
MAH MCA CET 2017 Exam Schedule
Candidates can check the detailed schedule for MAH MCA CET 2017 below. The application form can be filled on the official website from February 06, 2017. MAH MCA CET 2017 is scheduled to take place on March 19, 2017.
|Availability of Application Form||February 06, 2017|
|Last date of Registration||February 28, 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||March 10, 2017 onwards|
|Exam Date||March 19, 2017|
|Declaration of Results||March 27, 2017|
MAH MCA CET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for First Year Admission
- Only Indian Citizens are eligible.
- Passed 10+2 or Graduation level with Mathematics Subject (as a compulsory subject)
- Must have passed a bachelor degree of 3years in any disciplines form any recognized university should have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate
- Must have scored minimum 45%marks in aggregate, if candidates belong to backward category and PwD category to Maharashtra State only
- If you are in the final year of qualifying examination then are also eligible to apply for MAH MCA CET 2017 exam
Eligibility for Direct 2nd Year (Lateral Entry) Admission
- You must be an Indian citizen
- Class 12th pass or Graduate with Mathematics Subject as a compulsory subject.
- Should have passed Bachelor degree in Computer Application (BCA) or B.Sc. in (CS, IT) form any recognized university with minimum 50% marks in aggregate
- Must have secured minimum 45% marks in aggregate, if candidates belong to backward category and PwD category to Maharashtra State only
- Final year students can also apply for MAH MCA CET 2017 exam
MAH MCA CET 2017 Admit Card
The registered candidates can download their hall tickets from March 10, 2017 onwards. Note that you will not be allowed to enter the exam hall without the hall ticket.
Steps to Download the Admit Card
- Go to the official website of DTE, “www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mca2017”
- Click on Candidate’s Login.
- Therein, login with your Registered Number/ Roll Number and Password/ Date of Birth
- Click on the Admit Card link
- Enter the asked details and click on the download tab.
- Affix the photograph in the space provided (as used in application form).
Read More About MAH MCA CET Admit Card
MAH MCA CET 2017 Application Process
The online application process exam will start form February 06, 2017 till February 28, 2017.. The application fee can also be paid only through online mode (Debit/ Credit Card). The following flow chart depicts the complete stepwise application process :-
Concluding the steps – You have to go to the official website of MHCET official website. There you will find a link of MAH MCA CET 2017, Click on it. Next step is of registration.Click on New Registration Button, Fill the application form, Upload your scanned photograph and signature .Last step is of fee submission which is to be done online. The application fee are as follows :-
- 1. INR 1000/- for Open Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates and NRI/Foreign Nationals/ PIO/ Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries Candidates.
- 2. INR 800/- for Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and Persons with Disability (PwD) Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.
MAH MCA CET 2017 Exam Pattern
The examination is conducted in multiple sections in the MAH MCA CET 2017 Exam Centers. The number of sections in the examination has been updated to two since 2014. The two sections in the MAH MCA CET 2017 are as follows:
General Aptitude (GA) - This section comprises of the questions to test the general aptitude of the candidate required to pursue a computer application and software based profession
Computer Concepts (CC) - This section tests the computer based basic knowledge and basics of operating systems
|Section||Number Of Questions||Marks per Question||Maximum Marks|
1. The MAH MCA CET 2017 comprises of two sections with each section of 100 marks. Thus, the total marks of the candidate are calculated out of 200.
2. For every correct answer you will get 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
3.The candidate shall not be marked for a non-attempted question.
MAH MCA CET 2017 Results
The candidates can check the results of Maharashtra Common Entrance Tests for MCA 2017 online on the website: www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mca2017 . The candidates can login using their application ID and seat number. Thereafter the documents will be verified and updated and the 2017 merit list will be announced.
The result will display two separate lists of eligible and not eligible candidates. The candidates can login using their application ID and seat number. Thereafter the documents will be verified and updated and the 2017 merit list will be announced.
One can follow these steps:
- Log on to the official website.
- Find the specific link for result and click on it.
- Give the required details like Registration ID and Password.
- Click on the submit button.
- Then your Result will be appeared on the screen.
The score card shows the marks secured by the candidate in each section. It will also mention rank of candidate across India and category (as applicable) etc. The Provisional Merit lists viz. Maharashtra State Candidates, OMS Candidates and J & K Migrant Candidates will be displayed on website. The Final merit list will be displayed on the website as per the schedule. The score card will be dispatched to the permanent address of the candidate mentioned in the application form by speed post within 15 days after declaration of the result. Validity of score card is 1 year.
MAH MCA CET 2017 Cut offs
The expected date for the MAH MCA CET 2017 merit list is to be June 5, 2017. The MAH MCA CET 2017 merit list will be available only online on the official website after 5:00 PM. You can visit it for the admissions round through MAH MCA CET 2017 CAPs. First 2 rounds .
You have to clear the minimum requirement of marks in order to take admissions in your desired colleges. You must qualify the marks requirement mentioned in the list to get shortlisted for the admissions.
Merit List Preparation
Admission will be granted to the students on the basis of merit list published by the authority. The merit list will be prepared on the following basis :-
Maharashtra State Seats:- Students who will score non zero & non negative marks will be assigned a First year State level General Merit Number, Second year State level Merit General Number for eligible for second year MCA, as well as corresponding Home University area Merit number, Category merit no. etc.
OMS(Other Maharashtra State) Seats:- Candidates from Other Maharashtra State, who has secured non-zero and non-negative marks in MAH MCA CET 2017 or else have secured equivalent score in AIMCET 2017 will be assigned OMS merit number.
J&K Migrant Seats:- Each J&K Migrant candidate who has appeared and secured non-zero & non-negative marks in the MAH MCA CET 2017 will be assigned a State level J&K Merit Number.
Note:- MAH MCA CET 2017 marks will be displayed in terms of percentile on the scorecard of MAH MCA CET 2017. The Competent Authority reserves the right to prepare the inter-se-merit list for OMS candidates based on the above criteria. The separate merit list will be prepared for admissions against the Maharashtra state seats (Home University and State level), OMS Seats and J&K migrant (State level) candidates. Relative Merit in case of equal marks: In case the MAH MCA CET 2017 candidates securing equal CET Score, then their relative merit will be determined on the basis of the following order of preference:
Higher Percentage in XII > Higher Percentage in X > Higher Percentage in Mathematics in X
|MAH MCA CET Expected Cutoff||MAH MCA CET Merit List Preparation|
MAH MCA CET 2017 Counselling Process
The counselling and Seat allotment for MAH MCA CET 2017 will be conducted through the Centralized Allotment Process. There will be total three rounds of Centralized Allotment. In the first two rounds of CAP, centralized allotment would be done for eligible candidates from both Maharashtra State and OMS categories. All the eligible candidates will be required to fill online option forms. The third round of CAP would be conducted only for Maharashtra State candidates.First 2 rounds of CAP will be online and last one will be offline.
All the candidates who wish to participate in CAP should mandatorily fill the Online Option form for each respective CAP Round. Candidates must remember the following points while filling the option form:
- Candidates can fill online application form after they login through their credentials on the website.
- No changes would be allowed in the Options after confirmation,
- The maximum number of options for CAP Round I and II is 100.
- Candidates are allowed to fill minimum 1 and maximum 100 options.
Read More About MAH MCA CET Counselling
Seat Allotment and Confirmation of Admission
The competent authority will conduct direct allotment rounds for counselling. Seats will be allotted on the basis of options confirmed by the candidates, merit of the candidates within their respective categories and number of seats available during allotment procedure. The important points of seat allotment process are :-
- Seats Allotted in every round will be displayed on official website
- All the candidates should report to the allotted institute as per the schedule. They have to carry the required documetns and submit the fee at the institute to confirm admission.
- The institutes will carry out a regular “Online Update” to confirm the admission of candidates on their respective websites. Institutes can also printout the system generated letter of confirmation.
Those seats for which candidates have not reported to respective institutes or has not confirmed admission, will be treated as vacant seats for subsequent rounds of CAP. Candidates can view the status of reporting or their eligibility for next rounds through login.
Also Check MAH MCA CET Participating Colleges
CAP Round 1
Candidate who will get a seat as per their first choice will not be allowed to participate in subsequent rounds of CAP and their names will be deleted from the lists. They have to confirm their admission at their allotted institutes respectively. Other candidates who have obtained an allotment other than their first option but are satisfied with the allotment of CAP round I and are not willing to participate in subsequent rounds can also confirm their admission at respective institutions. They will also be no longer eligible for pariticipating in next rounds. All the seats which are filled (candidates have confirmed admission) in CAP round I will no longer be available for subsequent rounds.
CAP Round 2
Candidates who will get a seat in any the first seven options chosen , will not be allowed to sit for next counselling rounds and their names will be deleted from subsequent lists. They are required to confirm their admission at their allotted institutes respectively. Other candidates who have obtained an allotment other than their first Seven options but are satisfied with the allotment of CAP round II and are not willing to participate in subsequent rounds can also confirm their admission at respective institutions. They will also be no longer eligible for subsequent rounds. All the seats which are filled (candidates have confirmed admission) in CAP round II will no longer be available for subsequent rounds.
CAP Round 3
Candidates who belong to OMS category will not be eligible to take part in CAP Round III. Seats which have remained vacant after CAP round I & II and are within the control of competent authority will be available for Round III. All the seats which fall under the category of OMS seats as well as those under Backward, PH, HU, OHU etc. will be a part of State level General seats. Candidates will have to report in person at the designated Center of Counselling Round, along with requisite documents and the non-refundable stipulated fees (not applicable for SC/ST) in form of DD drawn on “The Director, Technical Education” payable at Mumbai. Center of Counselling Round will be updated on the DTE website. All the eligible candidates will be offered admission to seats available in their respective categories. In case of delay on the part of candidates in reporting for the counselling or payment of balance fees, they will lose any claim for both the allotted seat and fees paid.