LSAT (Law School Admission Test) is a worldwide level examination and is conducted by Law School Admission Council (LSAC). LSAT India will be conducted by Pearson VUE. Those students who have successfully cleared the examination can get admission in various undergraduate and postgraduate law courses like BA LLB, LLB and LLM.
- LSAT examination is held 4 times in a year throughout the world.
- The examination is conducted in the first week of June.
- Students who want to register for LSAT INDIA need to fill LSAT INDIA Application Form through the official website of LSAC, www.pearsonvueindia.org.
- Registrations will begin in the 2nd week of September 2017 and will be available up to May 2018.
- The admit card will be available before one week of the exam. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without admit card.
- LSAT test is conducted through offline mode only. The paper is divided into 5 sections i.e. Reading Comprehension, Analytical Reasoning, First Logical Reasoning, Second Logical Reasoning and Variable Section.
- Students are advised to attempt all the questions because there is no negative marking.
Every year more than 1, 00, 000 candidates appear for LSAT exam. Out of 1, 00, 000 candidates only 60,000 are eligible for admission to the various law programs. 222 Law schools consider LSAT for admission to various law programs.
LSAT INDIA Highlights Table
The following table shows important information regarding LSAT INDIA exam:
|LSAT INDIA Date of exam||First week of June 2018|
|Conducting Body||Law School Admission Council (LSAC)|
|Conducting Body India||Pearson VUE|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English and Spanish|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours 20 Minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions and Number of Questions vary from 92-100|
|Courses Offered||BA LLB, LLB and LLM|
|Number of Seats||Vary with number of Schools Participating|
LSAT INDIA Dates
LSAT is conducted in approximately 750 test centres across the world. The international LSAT INDIA test dates are allotted to five regions. Students are advised to check LSAT test dates before appearing in the exam. LSAT India Test dates are different from LSAT International Test dates. The exam dates are based on the following factors:
- Month selected for LSAT exam
- Shabbatha Observation
- Test center availability
- LSAT exam date
The following table shows LSAT India Dates:
|Online Registration Starts from||Second week of September 2017|
|Last date to Submit Application Form||First Week of May 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||Second and Third week of May 2018|
|Date of LSAT Examination||First week of June 2018|
|Result Declaration||Third week of June 2018|
LSAT INDIA Eligibility
The eligibility criteria vary from institution to institution. Students are advised to check their eligibility criteria where they want to get admission. There are no fixed eligibility criteria prescribed by ISAC. The following is the explanation of eligibility criteria of different courses:
For BA LLB Course: Students must pass 10+2 or equivalent examination from recognized board with minimum 45% marks
For LLB Course: Students must possess Bachelor’s degree in any subject with minimum 45% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam
For LLM Course: Candidates should have passed 3 years of LLB or 5 years or BA LLB with 45% aggregate marks
LSAT INDIA Application Form
Students seeking admission in the undergraduate and postgraduate law programs can fill LSAT INDIA Application Form. Pearson VUE will release LSAT INDIA Application Forms for India.
Before start filling the application form students need to register themselves on the official website. The application forms can be filled through online mode only. It cannot be filled through any other mode. The last date to submit the online application form is first week of May 2018.
The following is the explanation of step by step process of filling application form:
- Step 1: Students need to register online for LSAT INDIA applications, where candidates need to enter his/ her e-mail ID, name and password.
- Step 2: Once the registration is done successfully a verification link will be sent by the Pearson VUE to the registered candidates e-mail ID.
- Step 3: Now candidates have to enter their personal details like his/ her name, Gender, Birth details, Category and Nationality, Phone and Mobile Number, E-mail Id, Communication and Permanent address, choose particular law program, fill the educational details etc.
- Step 4: Now students need to submit the application fee. Students can submit the application fee through both the Online and Offline modes.
The online application fee can be paid using various payment options like Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking, while the offline application payment can be made using Demand Draft/ Banks Cheque/ Pay order options etc.
The following table shows LSAT INDIA application fee amount and details:
|Modes||Category||Application fee amount||Options|
|Online||General/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD Female||INR 3800 (Without LSAT India Handbook)||Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking|
|Offline||General/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD Female||INR 3800 (Without LSAT India Handbook)||Demand Draft/ Bank Cheque/ Pay Order|
|Online||General/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD Female||INR 4250 (With LSAT India Handbook)||Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking|
|Offline||General/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD Female||INR 4250 (With LSAT India Handbook)||Demand Draft/ Bank Cheque/ Pay Order|
The DD should be drawn in favour of ‘Pearson India Education Services Private Limited’ payable at New Delhi or Noida. Those who are paying the application fees through offline mode they have to send the application along with the DD at the following address:
6708, DLF Phase IV,
Gurgaon, Haryana – 122002
LSAT INDIA Admit Card
Students are required to visit the official website of ISAC to download the admit card. It contains the details like candidates’ name, exam date, exam centre, address and time, registration number, test center instructions and procedure etc. The admit card is issued by LSAC. Students are advised to check all the details written on the admit card carefully before downloading it. In case of any discrepancy, they are advised to contact the higher authorities immediately.
By following the below steps students can download the admit card:
- Open the official website of ISAC, www..org
- Search for LSAT Admit card
- Fill the details like Registration Number and Password
- Click on the Submit button
After clicking on the button, the admit card will be displayed on the screen. Students can download and take the printout of admit card for their future use.
LSAT INDIA Exam Centers
Students can select the exam center at the time of filling the application form. There are 16 testing locations across India. Pearson divides these 16 locations among four different zones according to their geographical locations. The exact address of exam center will be mentioned on the e-admit card.
Applicants are advised to reach the exam center 30 minutes before the reporting time. Examination center will not be changed once it is allotted. Examination authority has all the rights to cancel or change the exam center with prior notice if find necessary.
The following table shows the exam center locations along with the test Zone:
|East||Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Ranch, Raipur|
|North||Chandigarh, Delhi (NCR), Jaipur, Lucknow|
|South||Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi|
|West||Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Mumbai, Nagpur|
LSAT INDIA Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is common to all the countries. LSAT INDIA is conducted in the offline mode i.e. it is a pen-pencil based paper. The examination scores will be calculated on the percentile basis. Students are free to attempt all the questions because there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- LSAT exam is comprised of multiple choice questions
- The questions are asked from the subjects like Reading Comprehension, Analytical Reasoning, First Logical Reasoning, Second Logical Reasoning and Variable Section.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- The paper is divided into 5 sections and to complete each section 35 minutes will be allotted.
- The total time duration to complete the exam is 2 hours 20 minutes
The following table shows LSAT INDIA Exam Pattern:
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||92-100|
|Maximum Marks||Vary with the country and Paper Format|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours 20 Minutes|
|Section in Paper||5|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
LSAT INDIA Syllabus
Before preparing for the exam, students need to check the syllabus and prepare accordingly. The question will be asked from the syllabus such as Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension. Following is the explanation of LSAT INDIA syllabus.
- Analytical Reasoning measures the ability to understand structure of relationships and draw logical conclusions at that structure
- Logical ability judges the ability to analyze, evaluate and complete arguments
- Reading comprehension measures the ability to read, understanding and insight, examples of lengthy and complex examples.
LSAT INDIA Result
LSAT INDIA Result will be declared in the third week of June 2018. Students need to login the official website to check the result, www.pearsonvueindia.com. Choose law schools from the navigation bar and select results.
After the declaration of the result the score card will be available for download. The score card will be available through online mode only. The score card will contain the details of average score and percentile rank. LSAT score card is valid for 1 year.
Cut off marks are the minimum marks required for the candidate to clear the examination. Each state will have different LSAT cut off marks. There is no sectional cut off for LSAT exam. LSAT cut off marks will be decided by the participating colleges of particular country and state.
The cut off marks will be decided by many factors which are as below:
- Number of candidates appeared for the exam
- No of candidates passed the exam
- Difficulty level of question paper
- No of vacancy for the exam
LSAT INDIA Counselling
Every college will have their own counselling process. Students who have successfully cleared the examination will be called for counselling. Seats will be allotted to the students through the counselling process. Each college has its own counselling fees that students need to deposit separately.
Following is the explanation of counselling process:
- LSAT INDIA percentile scores will be therefore the only basis to attend the counselling of LSAT which is conducted by the law schools
- Students will get a list of colleges where they can participate in the counselling process after the declaration of LSAT INDIA result
- Each and every law school have their own counselling procedure for LSAT INDIA admission
- The counselling admission through LSAT scores will only be valid for the academic year 2018