Haryana LEET 2017 Application, Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Haryana LEET 2017 is organized by HSTES (Haryana State Technical Education Society) for admission to lateral entry B.Tech/B.E. program. Admissions are provided to the course on the basis of the inter se rank obtained in OLET (Online Lateral Entry Test). The key dates for LEET 2017 will be announced soon on the official website of HSTES.
LEET Exam Pattern states that the exam is scheduled in online mode with 90 objective type questions. The duration of the OLET in LEET 2017 is 90 minutes. There are 4 sections in the exam in one question paper. Section A of LEET exam tests basic sciences of the candidate including the general awareness and communication skills. The other sections of the exam test the technical knowledge of the candidate.
Each correct answer is awarded 1 mark. No mark is deducted for incorrect responses. The exam pattern highlights are given below:
Exam will be of 90 minutes.
Each of 1
1 mark for each correct answer
No Negative Marking in the exam.
Exam will be in online mode.
There will be Objective questions.
There will be 90 questions
Haryana LEET 2017 Application form is expected to be available from last week of April, 2017. Candidates who wish to apply for the course must be ready with all the required documents. The exam highlights are given below:
|Exam Name||Haryana Lateral entry entrance test|
|Type||State Level Screening Test|
|Courses||B.E/B. Tech Lateral Entry and MCA|
|Conducting Body||Haryana State Technical Education Society|
|Qualifying Exam||Minimum 45% marks (42.75% in case of SC category) in Diploma of Engineering/B.Sc.|
|Last Date of Application||May third week, 2016|
|Application Fee||For General Category : INR 500|
|For all Reserved Categories: INR 200|
|Number of Exam centers||12 across Haryana|
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
LEET Key Dates 2017
LEET Exam is scheduled to to take place in May, 2017. However, the official dates are not announced yet. The dates mentioned below are tentative. Candidates can apply from last week of April, 2017. You can check all the important LEET Key Dates from the table mentioned below :-
|LEET Application Form will be available from||Last week of April|
|LEET Registration closes on||Second week of May 2017|
|HLEET Admit Card 2017 will be available from||Last week of May 2017|
|LEET Exam is scheduled on||Last week of May 2017 onwards|
|LEET Exam result will be announced on||First week of June 2017|
|LEET Counseling will start from||Mid of July 2017|
Haryana LEET 2017 Eligibility
Candidates must satisfy the given eligibility criteria for HLEET 2017 to apply for the exam:
For 2nd year (3rd Semester) of B.E. / B. Tech Courses:
- Diploma in Engineering/ Technology (3 years or more) with 45% marks in aggregate (42.75% marks for reserved category i.e. SC category) from Haryana State Board of Technical Education or its equivalent
- B.Sc. Degree with at least 45% marks (42.75 % marks reserved category) from a recognized University as defined by UGC and passed 10+2 with mathematics as a subject
- Candidate with B.Sc. stream, should clear the subjects of Engineering Graphics/Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the first year engineering programme along with the 2nd year subjects
For Kashmiri Migrants
Kashmiri migrants will be required to have the original certificate of migration duly signed by the competent authority or Relief Commissioner. The following criteria will be followed to break-up the tie if two candidates secure the same marks in qualifying Examination:
- The candidate who have secured higher marks in the aggregate of 10th exam will rank higher in order of merit
- The candidate who is elder in age shall rank higher in order of merit
CHECK DETAILED HARYANA LEET 2017 ELIGIBILITY
Haryana LEET Application Form 2017
Haryana LEET Application Form 2017 will be available at www.onlinetesthry.gov.in on the scheduled key date. Candidates have to initially register by selecting the course and entering the personal details. Submit the details after which you have to upload a passport size photo and signature in JPEG format.
Submit the details and images to generate a printable copy of the Haryana LEET Application Form 2017 with application number mentioned on it. After that the candidates have to submit the application fee. The application fee is INR 500 for general category while it is INR 200 for reserved categories and female candidates.
For payment through online mode, choose the payment mode in the application form before downloading it. To pay the application fee through offline mode, submit an e-challan in favor of the conducting body at nearest branch of Axis Bank or Punjab National Bank. Candidates have to mention two choices of the exam centers in the form. The steps are elaborated below:
Registration and Filling the form
- Visit the official website of HSTES and find the link of the onlinetesthry.gov.in
- Find the link of the “LEET Application Form 2017” and click on it
- Choose the course i.e. B.Tech/B.E.
- Enter your name, date of birth, parents’ name.
- Also, mention the details of the last academic program attended. Mention the marks obtained in each and the details of the institute.
- Give the details of the correspondence address and other important communication details.
Uploading the Images
- Upload the image of the passport sized colored photo in JPEG format. The maximum size of the image must be 30 Kb
- After that, upload the scanned image of the signature in JPEG format and maximum size 20 Kb.
- Submit the details after verifying them. Editing of details will not be permitted later.
Note: Incorrect information are subject to rejection of the application on verification at any stage of the examination process.
Fee Payment and Submission
- Choose desired mode of fee payment between online or offline
- If you choose online mode, pay the application fee through net banking or debit/credit card
- If you wish to pay through offline mode, pay the fee through an e-challan at nearest branch of Axis Bank or PNB
LEET 2017 Admit Card
After successful submission of the LEET Application Form 2017, candidates have to download the Haryana LEET Admit Card from the official website on the provided key date. Carry two copies of the Haryana LEET Admit Card, attested passport sized photo and one valid identity proof the exam center on the exam day.
The steps to download the LEET Admit Card is given below:
- Visit the official website of HSTES and find the link “Download Haryana LEET Admit Card 2017”
- Select the course from the drop down list i.e. B.Tech/B.E.
- Enter Application number and Date of birth and then click Submit
- Print multiple copies of Admit card
Note: No candidate will be permitted to give the exam if they come without the admit card and other required documents. One copy of the admit card must be retained by the candidate while one is signed by the invigilator.
Haryana LEET Exam Centers
Haryana LEET Exam is organized at 12 centers out of which candidates is allocated one center as per their choice. If the first choice has been filled by maximum applications then the candidate is allotted the second choice entered in the application form of HLEET 2017. Here is the list of Haryana LEET 2017 Exam Centers:
|Center code||Center Name and Address||Center code||Center Name and Address|
|1||University Library, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra||7||Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram Univ. of Sc. & Tech., Murthal, Sonepat|
|2||Deptt. Of Engg. & Tech., Maharashi Dayanand University, Rohtak||8||Govt. Polytechnic Hisar|
|3||University Computer & Informatics Centre, GJU of Sc. & Tech., Hisar||9||Govt. Polytechnic Ambala|
|4||YMCA University of Science & Technology, Faridabad.||10||Govt. Polytechnic Manesar|
|5||Govt. Polytechnic, Nilokheri||11||Indira Gandhi University, Meerpur, Rewari|
|6||Govt. Polytechnic, Sonepat||12||Seth Jai Parkash Polytechnic, Damla, Yamunanagar|
Haryana LEET 2017 Exam Pattern
LEET 2017 Exam is conducted online mode in different shifts at the allotted centers. There are primarily three shifts for the exam however it is reduced depending upon the number of applications received. The exam has 90 multiple choice questions to be solved in 90 minutes. Each question carries 1 mark. No mark is deducted for incorrect responses.
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Total Marks||90 marks|
|Sections||Section A- Basic Sciences (25 questions)|
|Section B- Electronic Stream Courses (25 questions)|
|Section C- Mechanical Stream Courses (20 questions)|
|Section D- Other Stream Courses (20 questions)|
Candidate must be aware of basics of all the streams of engineering. There are 4 sections in the exam: Section A (25 questions), Section B (25 questions), Section C (20 questions) and Section D (20 questions).
- Section A (1-25) tests the basic sciences of the candidate- Questions based on Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Communication Skills and General Awareness
- Section B (26-50) has questions based on Electronics Stream Courses: 3 sub sections namely Elements of Electrical Engg., Elements of Electronics Engg. and Elements of Computer Engg.
- Section C (51-70) has questions based on Mechanical Stream Courses: 3 sub sections namely Elements of Mechanical Engg., Elements of Production Engg. / Manufacturing Processes and Elements of Auto Engg.
- Section D (71-90) has questions based on Other Stream Courses: 6 sub sections namely Civil Engg. Courses, Textile Engg. Courses, Chemical/ Printing Engg, Ceramic Engg, Food Technology and Elements of Computer Engg.
READ MORE ABOUT HARYANA LEET 2017 EXAM PATTERN
Haryana LEET 2017 Preparation
Candidates must follow the given tips to crack LEET 2017:
Mock Test Papers
Practice as many as Mock Test Papers as it will improve the thinking and reacting capability of a candidate. Make a note of your mistake and do not repeat the same mistake in following Mock Test. Taking a mock test also improves the speed of the candidate in solving the paper.
Proper Time Management is very important for preparing Haryana LEET 2017 exam. A candidate should not waste time and remain focused.
Here are the preparation books for preparation of LEET 2017:
|Book Name||Author’s Name/Publisher||ISBN|
|Leet (Objective Type) For Haryana||Vaneet Singh and Gurmeet Singh||81-7684-770-4|
|LEET 2014: (Lateral Engineering Entrance Test)||G.K. Publishers||9351440885|
|Guide to LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Test) (Specially Prepared for HARYANA 2014)||G.K. Publishers||9789351441229|
|Lateral Entry to Engineer Degree (B.E./B.Tech) Exam Guide: Entrance Exam||Ramesh Publishing House||8178122197|
Haryana LEET 2017 Result
Candidates can access their HLEET Results 2017 at onlinetesthry.gov.in by First week of June 2017. Candidates’ result cannot be revaluated and no request regarding the same will be entertained by the conducting body. The steps followed to check the HLEET 2017 Results are given below:
- Visit the official website and find the click “Haryana LEET Results 2017”
- Select the course name i.e. B.Tech/B.E. Also mention the roll number and date of birth.
- Submit the details post verification of details and entering the security code.
The candidates with same scores will be evaluated on the basis of the following tie breaker:
- Candidate with higher marks in mathematics will get higher rank
- If the tie persists, then physics marks are considered
- If the tie still exists, then aggregate of Engg. Subjects of online entrance test are considered
- The last criteria to break the tie is age. Candidate older in age is given preference.