KVPY 2017 Application Form
The last date to fill KVPY 2017 Application Form was August 23, 2017. It was available on the official website. Candidates had to upload scanned images of their passport size photograph, signature and caste/medical certificates prior to filling KVPY Application Form.
- Register as a new user initially and then login again with the credentials received.
- Then after filling the online application, upload the photo and signature in the prescribed format.
- Then, proceed with the payment of application fee and submit the details. Make sure the details entered are correct as there is no provision of form correction.
Application fee for KVPY is INR 1000 for General and OBC Category and INR 500 for SC/ST/PwD Candidates. Payment of Application fee can be made either online via Credit Card/Debit Card or Net Banking or offline by submitting an e-challan at the nearest branch of SBI (State Bank of India).
Only Indian Nationals can apply for KVPY 2017. Any candidate who has obtained degree of distance education or correspondence degree are not eligible for KVPY.
WHAT ARE SA, SB and SX STREAM?
- SA Stream- Candidates applying for KVPY after Class XI have to apply under this stream.
- SX Stream- Candidates applying after Class XII have to apply under this stream.
- SB Stream- Candidates pursuing B.Sc. Basic Sciences (1st year) must apply under this stream.
READ DETAILEDKVPY ELIGIBILITY
KVPY or Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a national level scholarship test organized by IISc, Bangalore (Indian Institute of Science). It helps talented and motivated candidates to pursue a research career. Given below are important highlights related to KVPY Application Form:
|KVPY Application Form will be available from||Third week of July 2017|
|Basic Eligibility||Indian Nationals can apply|
|Mode of Application||Online |
|Documents Required||Scanned Photo and Signature|
|Application Fee||INR 1000 for GEN/OBC and INR 500 (SC/ST/PwD)|
KVPY Exam Dates 2017
KVPY is one of the most popular exam which is undertaken by candidates who wish to seek scholarship opportunities for undergraduate programs in science stream. The KVPY Registration Process is an online process which commences from Third week of July, 2017. Table below gives tentative KVPY Application dates:
|Online Application Portal opens from||Third week of July 2017|
|Last date to register Online is||Last week of August 2017|
|Last date to pay the Application Fee is||First week of September, 2017|
|KVPY Admit Card can be downloaded from||Mid of October, 2017|
|KVPY exam is scheduled on||First week of November, 2017|
KVPY Eligibility 2017
Candidate applying for the exam must be aware of the Eligibility for KVPY before filling the KVPY Application Form. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has set some guidelines related to Eligibility for KVPY which are given below:
- Candidate must be an Indian National to apply for KVPY Exam. The candidates who wish to pursue undergraduate programme via distance education or correspondence course from any university are considered ineligible.
- Students enrolled in an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences, that is, B.Sc. /B.S. /B. Stat. /B. Math. /Int. M.Sc. /M.S. in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Ecology, Molecular Biology, Botany, Zoology, etc. can also apply for KVPY 2017.
- Candidates who have enrolled in Class XI with science subjects are eligible to apply under the SA stream.
- Candidates applying after their Class XII for KVPY Scholarship are eligible to apply under the SX Stream.
- Candidates can apply in SB Stream only if they are already in the first year of their graduation (B.Sc. Programme).
Read DetailedKVPY 2017 Eligibility
Steps to fill the KVPY Application Form
KVPY Registration is an online process to be carried out on the official website. There are mainly four steps to fill KVPY 2017 Application Form:
- Filling the details
- Uploading Documents and Exam Center Preference
- Payment of Application Fee and Declaration
The candidates have to register by entering authentic information as this information cannot be changed once they start the KVPY Application Process. The KVPY registration is followed by filling details in the KVPY Application Form, uploading the documents and fee payment. The steps to fill the KVPY Application Form are explained below:
Before filling the online KVPY Application form, the candidate must register himself/herself on the KVPY Official website. It can take up to 30 minutes to generate username and password. Also, the candidate cannot make any changes after successful KVPY Registration Process. The steps included in the KVPY Registration process are as follows:
- Go to the official website of KVPY and click on Application Tab on the top of the page.
- Click on the link “Download Online Application 2017”
- Click on the link “click here for new registration” on the redirected page.
- Enter the details such as Name, Email ID, Phone Number, Date of Birth, etc.
- Captcha will be asked to enter in the space provided to ensure human access to the site.
- Click on the “submit” button to get username and password via email.
Filling the Details
- After successful registration, candidate will have to enter the username and password given to him/her.
- KVPY application form will appear where candidate will have to enter Personal Details and Academic Details.
- Personal details will include information related to father’s name, mother’s name, etc.
- Academic details according to the chosen stream must be entered.
Uploading Documents and Exam Centre Preference
Once all the details have been filled, candidate will be asked to order his/her exam centre preference. First option selected by the candidate will be exam city but in certain unavoidable circumstances, second or third preference can be considered as exam city. The images must be in JPEG format. Here are steps that must be followed to upload documents:
- Click on “browse” button and upload the photograph in JPEG or JPG format.
- Similarly, upload the signature in JPG or JPEG format by clicking on “browse” button.
- Click on preview application button and check all the details carefully.
Note: The photograph and signature must be JPEG format while the caste and medical certificate must be in PDF format. The maximum size of JPEG format images must be 80 kb while for PDF format documents, the size must be less than 300 Kb.
Payment of Application Fee and Declaration
Finally candidate must click on ‘Submit’ button and proceed to payment options. Candidate can pay the application fee by using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking or can generate Challan. Steps to pay KVPY Application Fee are:
- Select the mode of payment from the given choices.
- In case of online mode of payment, candidate will be asked to enter mandatory details such as name, amount, pin, etc.
- In case of offline mode of payment, candidate will have to generate the Challan and visit nearest SBI Bank branch to pay fee and upload scanned copy of the Challan after successful payment.
- After making payment candidate will be asked to check a declaration and proceed with ‘Submit and Pay’ option.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
Since the KVPY Application Form can be filled online only, the payment shall also be made via KVPY Admission Portal. Application fee for General/OBC candidates is INR 1000 while it is INR 500 for SC/ST/PwD candidates. The application fee can be paid via Credit Card/ Debit Card or through Net Banking. Also an e-Challan can be downloaded from the official website of KVPY.
- Online Mode: Candidate who wish to go for online payment of KVPY Application Fee can deposit the fee by using Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net Banking. Candidate will have to enter necessary details like Name, Amount, Pin, etc. in such case.
- Offline Mode: If candidate does not find online payment method comfortable, he/she may generate e-Challan available on the official website and visit the nearest branch of SBI Bank to make payment. Candidate will be required to upload scanned copy of Challan in such case.
Important Instructions for KVPY 2017
There are some important instructions that must be followed before and while filling the online KVPY Application Form. The important guidelines that a candidate must take care of during KVPY Registration are mentioned below:
- Candidate must have all the required documents (photograph, signature and certificates) as a scanned copy before filling the application form for KVPY 2017.
- The documents must not be blurred or unclear, if so, the Application forms will be rejected.
- KVPY Application form can be accessed on the official website of KVPY on the requisite dates mentioned in the table for KVPY Exam dates.
- Candidates can have access to the link to check eligibility for various streams by going on the official website of KVPY.
- Candidate must keep in mind all the conditions of eligibility and dates of the important events.
- First time users will have to go for KVPY registration process before filling the KVPY application form.
- It is important to provide a valid email id and phone number during KVPY Registration for best communications.
- Phone number that will be provided must belong to either candidate or his/her parents as the authorities might contact for correspondence or any update related to KVPY.
- After receiving Username and Password, candidate cannot change the information entered during KVPY Registration. Same entries will be auto-filled in the KVPY online application form.
- Candidate must fill Online KVPY Application Form very carefully to avoid any mistakes as it is non-editable.
KVPY Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. Some friends from my School/College are planning to take the KVPY aptitude test. Can we ask our School/College authorities to request bulk applications for us?
Ans. Candidates cannot submit KVPY Application Form through mode other than Online.
Ques. Is it necessary that the students have to study all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics?
Ans. For Stream SA, all the questions will be compulsory. In Stream SB and Stream SX, there will be four sections in Part I (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics) and four sections in Part II (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics). Candidates will be allowed to answer any three of the four subjects in Part I and any two of the four subjects in Part II.
Ques. Can I avail the KVPY Fellowship along with a merit scholarship?
Ans. KVPY does not allow a candidate to receive simultaneously scholarship from more than one source, either government or private. In case there is a receipt of any other scholarship, he/she will have to relinquish it in order to avail the KVPY Fellowship.
Ques. Whom should I contact in case of KVPY test center related queries?
Ans. Candidate’s queries can be answered via mail in case of any assistance.
Ques. I have a scanned copy of my photograph/signature/caste certificate, the file size of which exceeds the limit mentioned in the online application form. What should I do?
Ans. Only prescribed dimensions of the Scanned images is acceptable. In case candidate exceeds it, he/she must compress the file and then upload it.
Ques. What are the examination timings?
Ans. For stream SA: Forenoon 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (reporting time: 8:30 AM)
For Stream SB/SX: Afternoon 2 PM to 5 PM (reporting time: 1PM)