KU PGCET 2018
Kakatiya University every year invites students for admission to all the P.G., P.G. Diploma and Integrated M.Sc program (5 year) in various affiliated colleges through KU Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) from April 2018 onwards on state level only.
- KU PGCET 2018 Application Form will be available in both online as well as offline mode
- KU PGCET 2018 question paper will generally comprise objective type questions with a total of 100 marks.
- The total duration of the exam is two and a half hours.
- The marks division varies from subject to subject and there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Candidates are only eligible to sit for the entrance after the successful submission of the application form and downloading of the admit card.
- Candidates who are not able to submit the application within the deadline can submit it after that with a late fee of Rs. 600/-.
The university will release KU PGCET 2018 Application Form and other details online on their official website.
KU PGCET 2018 Highlights
Candidates must have a look at the below table for a quick shot of information on one go:
|Date of exam||June, 2018|
|Conducting Body||Kakatiya University (KU)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of exam||Two and a half hours|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type Question|
|Courses Offered||Various P.G./P.G. Diploma and 5 year integrated M.Sc courses|
KU PGCET 2018 Exam Dates
KU PGCET 2018 Application Form will be released at their official website. A late fee will be charged for those who fail to submit the application within the last date as mentioned by the university. The application will be accessible from the university website www.kupgcet2018.com.
|Event||Important Date (tentative)|
|Beginning of access and submission of online application||Second week of April 2018|
|Last date of access and submission of online application||First week of May 2018|
|Closing date access and submission of online application in addition to a late fee of INR 600||Last week of May 2018|
|Release of Admit Cards||First of June 2018|
|KU PGCET 2018 exam||First week of June 2018|
KU PGCET 2018 Eligibility
Before appearing in the entrance examination, students must check the eligibility criteria. Following is the detailed explanation of eligibility criteria for KU PGCET 2018:
- Candidates should be Indian National
- They should belong to Telangana state only and should satisfy the Local/ Non-Local requirements as laid down in the Telangana State Education Institution
- Students who have passed or appeared for final year intermediate examination of 2018 are eligible for 5 years integrated M.Sc course
- There is no age restriction for KUPGCET
- Students belonging to General Category must have secured marks ranging between 45-50% and reserved category candidates should have secured 40% marks in qualifying exam
KU PGCET 2018 Application Form
Those who wish to apply for KU PGCET 2018 must be citizens of India with relevant graduation degree. KU PGCET 2018 Application form will be available on the official website from the second week of April 2018 onwards. The application form can be filled from anywhere with a sound internet connection. Before filling the application form, candidates should have the following documents handy with you while filling the application form:
- Mobile Number
- KUPGCET – 2018 Information Brochure
- Documents related to personal details and academic records
- Soft Copies of scanned passport size photograph photo and signature.
How to Fill KU PGCET 2018 Application Form:
- Visit the official website
- Click on ‘Registration link’ on top menu to get yourself registered for KU PGCET 2018.
- Enter the Name and personal details along with email ID, mobile number and date of birth as mentioned in SSC or equivalent certificate.
- After completion of entering the details, you will be sent a user ID and password on mobile number and email ID entered at the time of registration.
- Click on ‘PROCEED TO PAYMENT’ link for paying the application fee
- Post that you will be redirected to the next page.
- Enter the other Personal Details, Reservation details, Communication details.
- Upload passport size photograph and signature in jpg/jpeg format.
- Click on ‘SAVE & CONTINUE’.
- Enter all the educational details
- Click on ‘save’.
- A preview page will open overview all details entered by you and save or print for future reference.
KU PGCET 2018 Application Fee
The mode of paying application fee is online. KU PGCET 2018 Application Fee remitted by candidates is non-refundable. The application fee will be charged as per the category of candidates and is same for each course.
|OC/BC candidates||INR 450|
|SC/ST/PH candidates||INR 350|
KU PGCET 2018 Admit Card
KU PGCET 2018 Admit Card will be released online at the university website. The admit card is a mandatory document which must be produced at the exam center to be eligible to appear for the exam. The admit card will comprise relevant information like:
- Application Number
- Hall Ticket Number
- Name of candidate
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Residential Address of the aspirant
- Exam Name
- Details of the Examination center
- Exam date and time
- Aspirant’s photo and signature
- Important instructions
Steps for downloading the admit card:
- Visit the website https://www.kupgcet2018.com.
- Click on the ‘LOGIN’ link on the top menu for downloading the admit card.
- Enter the User Id and password and Log in.
- Click on ‘Download Hall Ticket’ link on top of that window.
- Download and print it for later purpose.
Check Detailed KU PGCET 2018 Admit card
KU PGCET 2018 Exam Center
KU PGCET 2018 will be held across Warangal or Karimnagar centers. Candidates need to choose their convenient centers at the time application form filling. Exam centers are liable to change by the university in case there is insufficient or less than 100 candidates for a specific program.
For 5 year integrated M.Sc program the exam centers will be located at Warangal only. There will be no entrance test conducted for M.A. (Sanskrit, Hindu, Urdu), M.Sc (Food Science and Technology) and M.Sc, MIT programs.
KU PGCET 2018 Exam Pattern
KU PGCET 2018 exam pattern will include100 objective questions. The total time duration of the exam will two and a half hours duration of 100 marks. No negative mark is allotted for incorrect or wrong answers. The other necessary information on KU PGCET 2018 has been tabulated below:
Exam Pattern Highlights
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen Paper Based) both|
|Number of papers||1|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple choice objective type of questions|
|Exam duration||150 minutes|
KU PGCET 2018 Syllabus
There is no such specific syllabus for KU PGCET 2018 examination. This is because the syllabus will vary form course to course. Questions papers will not be identical for every course. The syllabus will cover portion of the concerned subjects for which an individual is applying.
The syllabus for some courses has been given below for the convenience of candidates:
|English||English Grammar, Books and Authors, Figures of Speech, Literary Terms, Ages and Movements, Literary Appreciation of Poem and Prose Passage|
|Economics||Micro Economics, Macro Economics, Economic Development and Indian Economic Problems,|
|Public Administration||Concept and Theories, Indian Administration, Management of Resources,|
|Political Science||Concepts, Theories and Institutions, History of India, History of Modern Europe|
|Sociology||Definition, Scope and Nature, Its Relation to Other Sciences, Human Society, Socializations, Social Contract Theory, Status of women in Hindu Society|
|Human Resource Management||Language Comprehension, General Knowledge, Test of Reasoning, Management Aptitude|
|Master of Social Work||Human Society, Social Groups, Social Institutions, Social Problems, Social Work|
|Master of Education||Foundation of Education, Psychological foundation of Education, Educational Technology and Computer Education, School Management and System of Education|
|Master of Tourism Management||Geographical conditions of India, Vedic Culture, Mauryan Empire, Western Impact on India|
|Mcom||Business Economics, Industrial Organization and Management, Financial Accounting, Quantitative Techniques, Financial Management|
|Botany||Diversity of Microbes, Diversity of cryptogams, Diversity of Flowering Plants:|
|Zoology||Biology of inverterbrates and cell biology, Biomolecules of the cell, Animal Physiology, Applied Zoology|
KU PGCET 2018 Recommended Books
Apart from solving the previous year question papers and model questions it is recommended to follow the books which are available both online and offline. Few names of popular books are summed up in the following table:
|Success Guide PGCET-M.E./M.Tech/EC/TC||Team of Experts||-|
|Final Touch to PGCET||Dr. Shradha Runwal Gadiya||9789385915840, 9385915843|
|Success Guide PGCET-M.E./M.Tech/CSE/ISE||Vasantha Book House||-|
|Success Guide PGCET-M.E./M.Tech/Mech Engg||Team of Experts||-|
KU PGCET 2018 Result
KU PGCET 2018 Result will be equivalent to that of its rank card. Candidates can go to the official website for checking their result. The result will be published shortly after the completion of the exam. The result will consist of information including rank, result and score.
Steps to download the result:
- Go to the link www.kupgcet2018.com.
- Click on ‘KU PGCET 2018 Result’ Link.
- Enter registration number and date of birth.
- Click on ‘submit’ button.
- Download the result for further admission procedure
Check Detailed KU PGCET 2018 Result
KU PGCET 2018 Cut Off
Candidate who gets the best marks will be preferred for counselling procedure. Likewise, candidate who has the best rank will be provided with the admission options in top colleges affiliated under KU.
The expected cut off for the year 2018 has been tabulated below:
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
KU PGCET 2018 Counselling
KU PGCET 2018 Counselling will be conducted in three rounds. Candidates who have successfully qualified the entrance test are eligible to attain the counselling. The first round of counselling will commence shortly after the announcement of the result. Aspirants must follow the below instructions on the day of counselling:
- It is mandatory for all candidates to bring the Transfer Certificates on the center on the day of counselling for verification. One set of photocopies of the same has to be submitted at the counselling venue.
- The counselling fee has to be remitted on the day of counselling in order to get the admission form and admit card for the counselling.
- Post confirmation of the admission candidates must report to the concerned college within the specified date mentioned on the admit card and submit the following documents:
- Admit Card
- Admission Form
- Transfer certificate in addition to all the original certificates.