KEAM (CEE KERALA) 2017 RESERVATION
STATE LEVEL OFFLINE TEST
CEE Kerala- the conducting body of KEAM entrance examination has set certain reservation policies that the candidates should fulfill in order to claim the seats under reservation. The reservation criteria change with the category of the candidates to which they belong.
The candidates applying to appear for admission with the KEAM scores will be categorized as Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK I) and Non-Keralite Category II (NK II). The clause of nativity is common for all the applicants. Those candidates satisfying the nativity criteria can claim the respective reservation. The following category of candidates will be considered for reservation under KEAM 2017.
Note: The KEAM 2017 Application process will commence from January 3, 2017 and will end on January 29, 2017(tentative). The KEAM exam is scheduled from April 25, 2017 to April 28, 2017 depending upon the course the candidate has opted.
Below are the details of KEAM Reservation that CEE Kerala has laid down for the candidates seeking reservation.
The table below states the category wise reservation details accepted for KEAM Entrance.
|Category||Sub-Categories||Reservation of Seats|
|State Merit (SM)||--||60%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||--||30%|
|Other Backward Hindu (BH)||3%|
|Latin Catholic and Anglo Indian||3%|
|Dheevara and related communities (DV)||2%|
|Viswakarma and related communities (VK)||2%|
|Kusavan and related communities (KN)||1%|
|Other Backward Christian (BX)||1%|
|Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes||--||10%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||2%|
1) Ex-serviceman quota: A certificate as given in the brochure indicating that the candidate is the son/daughter of the EX- serviceman. This is to be issued by the state/zonal authorities (Maximum 6 months old not more than that).
2) Dependents of Defense personnel: In this a certificate form indicating the candidate who has lost the family member during the hostile war condition or any such condition of defense operation. Certificate attested by the Sainik welfare Office. Also, this needs to say that no other candidate of the family has claimed this benefit before else it is invalid (Maximum 6 months old not more than that).
3)Serving Defence personnel: A certificate from the Sainik welfare society stating that the candidate is from Kerala and has his parent working in the military or defense service and should indicate the current working station of the parent (Maximum 6 months old not more than that).
4) CRPF: Certificate indicating that the candidates’ parent is working or has worked with the CRPF organization and that there is a letter detailing from the current commanding officer (Maximum 6 months old not more than that).
5) Jewish Quota: The candidate claiming the reservation need to produce a certificate issued by the Tahsildar/village officer that the candidate belongs to the Jewish community.
6) Degree holder in BHMS/MBBS/DHMS: A candidate claiming the degree under the section needs to give CEE-2017 and also need to send the degree certificate they have obtained from any recognized university in Kerala indicating that they are part if of the course or have completed the course.
7) Degree / Diploma holders in Ayurveda (DA) (For MBBS course): Seven seats are set aside for Degree/Diploma holders in Ayurveda recognized by any of the Universities in Kerala for MBBS. Candidates should produce copies of (a) Degree/Diploma certificate, (b) Internship certificate, and (c) Registration certificate, in support of the claim along with the printout of the application.
8) Degree/Diploma holders in Homoeopathy (DH) (For MBBS course): Four seats in the MBBS course are set aside for holders of Degree/Diploma in Homoeopathy recognized by the Government. Candidates should produce copies of (a) Degree/Diploma certificate, (b) Internship certificate, and (c) Registration certificate in support of the claim, along with the printout of the application
9) Degree Holders in MBBS/BAMS/B.V.Sc & AH/ BSc (Hons) Agri/ B.F.Sc/ BSc(Hons) Forestry (OH) (For BHMS Course): One seat in BHMS Course will be reserved for the candidates having MBBS/BAMS/B.V.Sc.& AH/BSc.(Hon.) Agri./B.F.Sc./BSc.(Hon.) Forestry Degree recognized by any of the Universities in Kerala. Supporting documents need to be attached along with the application.
10) Nurse-Allopathy (NQ): One seat under this quota for MBBS course is reserved for Nurses (Allopathy) in regular service under Government of Kerala. Candidates should attach a Service Certificate.
11) Nurse/Pharmacist-Homoeopathy (NH): In the case of BHMS course one seat is reserved for Nurses/Pharmacist (Homoeopathy) and such candidate should have passed the Higher Secondary or equivalent examination in addition to the Government recognized course in Nursing/ Pharmacy (Homoeopathy). Need to produce a service certificate.
12) Nurse-Ayurveda (NY): In the case of BAMS course one seat is reserved for Nurses (Ayurveda) and such candidate should have passed the Higher Secondary or equivalent examination. Need to pass CEE-2017 (Kerala) and also need to produce the documents with the application copy.
13) Children of Agriculturists for BSc. (Hons.) Agri. and B.V.Sc. & AH Courses (CA): An agriculturist should be a person whose main source of income is derived from the agricultural sources including agricultural labor. The parent or guardian of the student shall not be an assessed of Income Tax. The income should be less than 12000 per annum. A certificate indicating the same.
14) Children of Farm Laborers of KAU for B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri., B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry Courses (LG), B.V.Sc & AH course under KVASU (LV), B.F.Sc course under KUFOS (LF): Need to produce a certificate indicating the claim from a Kerala Agriculture university /Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University/Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies.
15) Children of Fishermen for B.F.Sc. Course (CF): applicant under this quota should furnish a dependency certificate stating that he/she is son/daughter/dependent of the fisherman and also to submit an income certificate stating that the annual family income of the applicant is not more than Rs.6 lakhs.
16) Scouts and Guides for Engineering Courses (SG): Two seats are reserved for Rashtrapati Scouts and Guides for Engineering Courses. Candidates seeking reservation under this quota
Need to attach a copy of the Rashtrapati Guide Certificate signed by the President of India. In absence of this, you need to provide the certificate signed by DPI Kerala, Kerala State board scout.
17) Village Level Workers (VL)/Agricultural Demonstrators (AD)/Farm Assistant (Agri.) (FA)/ Diploma Holders in Agricultural Science (DG) [For Agricultural courses only]: Candidate needs to submit the application to the commissioner for Entrance examination, through their head of offices with the recommendation. They have to send a photocopy of the application with attested copies of all certificates to the Registrar, Kerala Agricultural University, Main Campus, Vellanikkara, Thrissur-680656
Candidates who wish to get the seats reserved for Diploma holders in Agricultural Science (DG) shall send their application to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations along with the attested copy of Diploma certificate in Agricultural Science. The candidate needs to give the medical entrance exam.
Last date to submit completely filled application ...
CEE Kerala has released the KEAM Application form. ...